LOTROCommunity
Spheric

What's the best class / method for TP farming?

I generally roll a Champion (they kill lots very fast with AoE moves) and blast through all the deeds in Ered Luin (first), The Shire (second), and Breeland (third) including the quest fulfillment deeds. This takes the character over level twenty and nets well over 500 TP, usually in under a week.

Are there other, better methods?

Opening your wallet? ;)

Hah. Point taken.

Sort of defeats the purpose of F2P though, doesn't it? Oh wait, that is the purpose of F2P. Silly me.

I'd rather farm Real Life than grind mobs for TP ingame :D.

Oh, I don't know. Depends on how you farm in real life, I guess. A grind is still a grind. And in-game there is always nice scenery and no phones and no boss and no deadlines and... :P

or the RK, prefer the class actually. Before that I used the champ. But RKs just go zapzapzap, even on low lvl 8)

LM is a good thought too, actually

A one time way to gte some nice points is to role a character on every server and in the introduction you get a quest which gives you 10 points to buy another quest from the store. Take the points and dont buy the second quest. You can only do it one per server but it doesnt take long and once we can role on the US servers you can do it there for even more points

The Pork-Chopper deed TP amount got nerfed, justifiably. I only got those sweet 50 TP's once. Now it's just 10 TP and time is better spent on something else. Starter area deeds with a DPS class are a good way to get points like stated before.

What's so good with the Moria instances, haven't noticed anything special. :/

I'd say a warden because the class deeds are easy enough to do because the initial damage is so low so you can even get the right gambit combination on low level mobs and for the shire the 25% run buff is good :)

I never was F2P, But I went on my brother's account and used his hunter and then champ to get just over 1 K TP in 6 days.

I ended up with them both level 27 with both of them having completed every deed up to that level in erid luin, bree, lone land's, shire, then few other's in northdown

:D.

I would say DPS is the way to go, hunter best for speed. I notice nobody has mentioned the Minstrel, nice ranged attacks and Warspeach at level 10 makes it a quick for a run through the starter areas.

I never was F2P, But I went on my brother's account and used his hunter and then champ to get just over 1 K TP in 6 days.

I ended up with them both level 27 with both of them having completed every deed up to that level in erid luin, bree, lone land's, shire, then few other's in northdown

:D.

Which one would you suggest I try next hunter or champion. I kind of want to try champion becuase I never leveled one above level 10 so it might be fun to make one.

or the RK, prefer the class actually. Before that I used the champ. But RKs just go zapzapzap, even on low lvl 8)

LM is a good thought too, actually

I see some people mentioning RKs, but don't you find them to be a bit too squishy in the beginning levels for fast farming? Until they get to about level 16-18, they can't seem to handle much in the way of mobs without kiting them. From that point on, they seem to kick butt and move through mobs very rapidly. That has been my experience, but maybe I'm doing it wrong.

The hunter's ability to track down elusive mobs is also a bonus for fast farming.

Generally speaking, I find the RK is OP. It's been a long time since mine was that low, so I wouldn't like to categorically contradict you, but certainly after your cited L16-18, they'd be the class for the job, I think. Maybe I'll start a new one off to test the theory... ;)

A one time way to gte some nice points is to role a character on every server and in the introduction you get a quest which gives you 10 points to buy another quest from the store. Take the points and dont buy the second quest. You can only do it one per server but it doesnt take long and once we can role on the US servers you can do it there for even more points

Yup! 10TP in under 10 mminutes.....ooops, correction, used to be quick until they rearanged the intro after the tutorial. :(

:Y) LOTRO STORE is yoru best friend. Get a life buy purchasing TP and saving incredible amount of time griding i ngame ! GO FOR IT NOW ! O+

Too bad they don't sell levels in the store (yet). Then we wouldn't have to grind anything at all. :P

I have just levelled a Champion to 30 and stopped to level a hunter to the same level. Although my hunter is only 27 i can safely say that its quicker (just) than the champion for grinding mobs. Only just though..........

I have just levelled a Champion to 30 and stopped to level a hunter to the same level. Although my hunter is only 27 i can safely say that its quicker (just) than the champion for grinding mobs. Only just though..........

I leveled new champ and new hunter to 20+, even though I already have both at levels 40+ something. I noticed that hunter is indeed a bit faster, but champ is (to me) much more fun, so far. If someone is about to make a new character, do not ponder hunter or champ. Just pick the one you like to play, the difference is not that big.