LOTROCommunity
ReD

Northmen Medallions

Hi All,

One of the stealth changes yesterday was to make the above BIND ON ACCOUNT so that from now you can share them between your characters, just move them out of your vault and into the shared area.

Perhaps this will make the OD runs etc more viable for people, lets hope so!

ReD

KOFACME

• Upvote 1

At this point, anything can help that horrid grind. I think the "big five" were devised to keep people running like mice on a wheel until this Autumn. The sheer amount of required medallions can be daunting.

My response elsewhere was "Bloody Hallelujah!" As a notorious multi-alter AND the Raid Leader, I rarely seem to get to take the alt I want into Ost Dunhoth, and I hate grinding & re-grinding instances. You can imagine how I felt about the prospect of trying to get enough medallions on just one toon... A small change, but for the better, I think. :Y

Wow, this is really very good news! Hopefully they'll do the same with other things like Skirmish marks, that'd make grinding much less of a grind...

Only problem is, is that you have to have shared storage to trade between alts. You can't just mail them. So some peopl eare going ot have to spend 1,000 turbine points just getting some of that :/

Only problem is, is that you have to have shared storage to trade between alts. You can't just mail them. So some peopl eare going ot have to spend 1,000 turbine points just getting some of that :/

Tried using a house chest?

You can't put them in house chests. I guess it has to be shared storage.

That doesn't work for bound-on-account items.

Well, the shared storage must have saved me at least 3543 gold pieces (rough estimation ;)) by not having to mail items, so if you are in any way twinking, it is absolutely worth it!

That doesn't work for bound-on-account items.

Well, the shared storage must have saved me at least 3543 gold pieces (rough estimation ;)) by not having to mail items, so if you are in any way twinking, it is absolutely worth it!

I have found that there appears to be some inconsistency with bound on account items and the house chest. Some can be placed in the chest, most cannot.

I have nine characters on one server, so I wholeheartedly agree with you that shared storage is most definitely worth the TP. At least in my case.

Shared storage for someone with 12 characters on same server is almost a must. Though it can mean you end up hoarding useless junk as well... Bind on Account items can't be put on house or kinhouse chests or mailed even to same account characters. They can only be shared via wardrobe or shared storage. I used to find this most annoying.

If they just did the right thing and made every barter token (or, for my preference, every barterable item) enter the wallet, we could all save a lot of space.

Oddly enough, I'd go for that.

An interesting idea would be to make all of the barterable tokens bind-to-account and make the wallet accessible across all one's characters on a server, so that this-or-that character doesn't have to worry about having odd numbers of barter tokens. Of course, that would make it easier for a thief to pick the gold from your pocket, since he wouldn't have to switch characters to access your gold. A wiser person than I would be able to sort out this idea of mine, I'm sure. ;)