LOTROCommunity

Trying to find some rare mobs

Hello everyone.

I am trying to get the exact locations of some rare mobs that I haven't killed before (to add to my collection). Has anyone got any ideas for:

Búth (South Trollshaws)

William Redcastle (Chetwood)

Mistpaw (Chetwood)

Any help much appreciated as these ones are driving me mad.

Búth (South Trollshaws) 33.1S 18.7W (according to http://dynmap.ruslotro.com)

Mistpaw (Chetwood)

Can't find any reference to a location for the other two. Searching the Lorebook turned up no matches, so it's possible they're not actually in the game (a la Steelpaw the bear in the Trollshaws).

Búth (South Trollshaws) 33.1S 18.7W (according to http://dynmap.ruslotro.com)

Mistpaw (Chetwood)

Can't find any reference to a location for the other two. Searching the Lorebook turned up no matches, so it's possible they're not actually in the game (a la Steelpaw the bear in the Trollshaws).

Thanks for the location. Steelmaw does exist; we got him near 30S,16.2W on Gilrain (he might be a bit buggy).

Thanks for the location. Steelmaw does exist; we got him near 30S,16.2W on Gilrain (he might be a bit buggy).

You're welcome. As for Steelmaw, in the days when mobs dropped the rare ingredients you needed for single-shot recipes, I spent an awful lot of time camping his supposed location (30.3S 16.3W) on my Hunter without ever seeing him. It was only later I found out that he, along with a few other similar Elites, never appeared. I stopped looking a long time ago, so it's entirely possible his spawning was fixed. I do find it surprising, though, that I can't find any location data for your other two, which leads me to suggest they're not actually in the game.

Mistpaw and William Redcastle were in the game during the beta, and definitely back in January 2007. Whether or not they're still in the game is another story. They may have been removed on release. Mistpaws Ear is still listed in the Lorebook and the history has it present back in a December 2009 data import.

January 2007 was beta. Apologies if I'm misreading you, but your phrasing could be taken to imply that January 2007 was after beta. Open beta & release was April 2007. The fact that the ear was, and still is, in the lorebook isn't proof of anything, since the same thing was true of e.g. Steelmaw's paw & other impossible to find Elites. There's no reason for Turbine to tidy up unique elite drops from the Lorebook / loot lists if the unique elite, for whatever reason, doesn't appear... ;)

Hiding in Beta, is he?! I'll fix him.

Play me that Huey Lewis & the News! I gotta get back in time ... B)

<gets in Doc Brown's time-traveling DeLorean>

Sorry, gents. Have to borrow this.

Bf1firetrails.jpg

Mistpaw and William Redcastle were in the game during the beta, and definitely back in January 2007. Whether or not they're still in the game is another story. They may have been removed on release. Mistpaws Ear is still listed in the Lorebook and the history has it present back in a December 2009 data import.

Do you happen to know where Redcastle spawned? YellowTusk definitely still exists, as does the Mad Badger.

Do you happen to know where Redcastle spawned? YellowTusk definitely still exists, as does the Mad Badger.

No idea, sorry. :N If I ever bump into him I'll tell him you're looking for him. Just before I give him a little tap on the head and take a screenshot.