LOTROCommunity

You hate MT Store.. Lucky you don't play Eve

Y

Allegedly over 5000 accounts have been un-subbed, Most of the major online gaming sites have ridiculed CCP and as a result CCP have called an emergency meeting of the CSM (A council elected by the players base to speak on their behalf) and are flying them to Iceland.

We are hoping for a positive out come in the week or so but it is good to when a community of players get together that they can make the develop stop and listen.

They're flying a select group of players to Iceland to discuss the current state of the game?! :), Why doesn't Turbine do something similar with it's playerbase, with WB backing them financially they should have the cash to do it ;)

and what good would that do? do you really believe, Turbine would chose a balanced, reasonable and knowledgeable few to discuss and reason with them on and about the game, for "the greater good"?

ever read their forums thoroughly? the only crowd that's allowed to express their "beliefs" up to the point where they become obnoxious are the TubineFanBoiThreadKillerSquad guys, to clutter all those "non-believers" with their perceived wisdom of Turbine's omnipotence and infallibility.

If they were going to invite anyone, I imagine it would be people who've done proper testing for them. In other words, those who have provided proper feedback & suggestions, rather than using their test server access more as a way of cracking new content before it's out. The dev's will know who the sensible players are. I don't imagine there's any interest in such a proceeding, though. As long as they're making money, why should they care?

Turbine quite wisely kept in-game manifestations of the store limited to the UI. I'm sure we would have seen some picket lines in Bree if there was an actual store to visit.

Humm!

I wonder if LOTRO players would ever riot in game over anything, like the EVE players did? B)

PC Magazine: EVE Online Gamers Riot Over Microtransactions

I was at Jita Protesting :)

Would Lotro Protest, I'm sad to say most likely not.

There are too many alternatives to Lotro, also I suspect that a good percentage of players are now F2P who would just simply move on.

Eve is different as you train your skills in real time so you literately have to put years into it.

I was at Jita Protesting :)

Would Lotro Protest, I'm sad to say most likely not.

There are too many alternatives to Lotro, also I suspect that a good percentage of players are now F2P who would just simply move on.

Eve is different as you train your skills in real time so you literately have to put years into it.

plus the difference between 1 server for the entire population and what? 20ish servers for LOTRO doesn't help either ;)

But I agree with above poster, LOTRO being UI based and not an actual auction house does make a riot rather tricky... no one can beat the invisible hobbit!

And the 3-day meeting between CCP and the elected Council of Stellar Management has concluded.

Here is a link on massively.com detailing the whole thing.

It also includes links to the statements by CCP and the CSM. There is also a video there by representatives of both sides.

http://massively.joystiq.com/2011/07/02/ccp-responds-to-monoclegate-reaches-consensus-with-players/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+Massively+%28Massively%29