LOTROCommunity

MyLoTRO comes to EU...

Confusing. I went to the main account page, logged in (using game account details) and selected "create a forum account". I was prompted to choose a new user name and password for the forum; it said the forum name shouldn't be the same as my game login name so I made it different.

Then I clicked the lnk to the forum, but I had to use my GAME login, not the new login details to get in. Once in, my name is indeed the new forum name that I chose!

What was the new password I chose for if I don't need it to log in?

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Only 1 of my hobbits have appeared on the leaderboard. When I click on her, I get linked to some random dwarf on Dwarrowdelf server :O I don't think this works very well atm :P

Hmm. According to MyLOTRO, I have a character on Eldar. That's news to me :)

Same here! I knew about my Laurelin group, they were there for class testing purposes before we got more char slots with Moria, but I didn't know about the Eldar char. Must've forgotten I created that one.

Hmm it is very random how my characters have appeared so far!

None of my main chars have shown up yet, two chars i created on Eldar and had forgotten about have been added, as have my alts i barely play on Withy and Landroval and just to throw me even further a Monster Char i can't remember making has shown up on Laurelin yet all of my chars i play most are nowhere to be seen :?:*)

Characters that haven't been played for a long time seem to be turning up first, depending on server. It was mentioned that the data is mined from the beginning of the servers history onwards. All my characters on Gilrain have appeared but the details are as yet unavailable on the mylotro site. I can access the character data via Digital_Utopia's Lotro Character Journal Gadget though.

Characters that haven't been played for a long time seem to be turning up first, depending on server. It was mentioned that the data is mined from the beginning of the servers history onwards. All my characters on Gilrain have appeared but the details are as yet unavailable on the mylotro site. I can access the character data via Digital_Utopia's Lotro Character Journal Gadget though.

That's a cool looking gadget. I'm still on XP though, so no dice.

That's a cool looking gadget. I'm still on XP though, so no dice.

Most Vista/Win7 gadgets aren't very useful, I myself only have the clock and local weather. Can't imagine a use for this particular thing, even if it does seem cool.

And finally, tadaa.. after logging in with all my Evernight characters, they are now on MyLotro. I can't seem to be able to select them via My Preferences > My Characters Settings ("Error: An error occurred while processing your request. We apologize for the inconvenience.") but I can (to a degreE) via My preferences > My Forum Settings > Edit Signature.

Slow 'n steady going...

I for one am patient when it comes to My.Lotro, heck we on Europe have waited long time even for this little bit to work.

(slightly off-topic or related to My.Lotro, you make the call):

What I am NOT patient about is the amazing lag we're getting these past two days. My kin roamed through Rift yesterday and people experienced horrendous packet losses. I myself had it go up from 0% to 5% (most common) to 10% and even 20%!!!!!!! Now I've played with 5% loss before, but over ten it just makes everything rediculous. 20%? Yeah, don't even think you can heal, tank or spank. No one disconnected though, which was odd. Latency did jump up and down as well, but even at 200+ ms it never bothered us. Hope this was due to my.lotro implementation transition oh hey lets dump all this data around -lag instead of a more common occurance.

I've understood that after the IPv6 test, a large part of USA are experiencing packet losses. Maybe that might be related. Many of my American friends experience some sort of lag too.

• 2 weeks later...

My only characters to appear so far on My LOTRO are one I created on Laurelin only for an event and played maybe twice and my Orc who I played maybe three times two years ago.

All my very active girls on Snowy (9 of them) are still nowhere to be seen!

From the thread in the Snowbourn section of teh forums, it appears only very old inactive alts are popping up from that server at present. I'd better stop playing mine to make them turn up... 8)7