LOTROCommunity

My Turbine complaints department saga

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Howdy gang. Just thought I'd let you know something incredibly interesting - it IS possible to obtain refunds from Turbine, regardless of their "all sales are final" spiel. I just got my money back fr

Another long post... It's a nice podcast, but it rather misses the point, and it carries a lot of general assumptions that get in the way of your having a genuine discourse on the subject. The mo

I then summarise again the most relevant points, and I try to be as reasonable as possible under the circumstances: I then try to draw all of my points together: I then say that A bi

I love the way you think. And act. By the by, the problem over here stateside isn't that we don't have laws to protect us from fraud; it's that the laws are no longer enforced. I suspect that corporate fraud is by far the biggest money maker in America today. For example:

Presenting forged documents to a court of law without reaping any serious repercussions? Justice was supposed to be the cornerstone of our democracy.

And that is only the tip of the iceberg. Fraud is now so rampant throughout corporate America on so many levels that it is probably impossible to categorize it all. >:(

Excellent work Hajile

Your action here is to remind us that we are not helpless.

Usually large companies play the bully hoping that their corporate magnificence will intimidate individuals but when somebody knows exactly his/her wrights and demands fair treatment are running like chickens seeing the farmer with a cleaver in his hands :P

Cheers +1

As much as I love seeing Turbine get smacked in the face for being douchebags, I can't see why stat changes is that big of a deal when pre-ordering. They'll be implemented if you get the expansion or not so. Or am I missing the part where they're saying that they'll charge us 1p per minute per stat point or something?

Hajile, I am mightily impressed by your tenacity! Always worth standing up to the big boys, especially when they are wrong.

I must admit I enjoyed my foray in to the world of the Advertising Standards Authority and the suddenly downgraded Mirkwood offer but you have gone whole light years beyond...

Respect to you!

definitely deserve one of these.... *O*

Thanks for the kind words all!

I'm currently in the process of compiling a list of all of Turbine's offences to go in the letters, and I'm intending for this to be quite thorough - I'm even going to include the accusations of chauvinism in the Isengard promotional material that was debated at length on their official forums, which never received an official response.

Basically, anything dodgy, unethical, mean, dishonest or a discredit to the license that they have done is going in these letters.

I want to make sure I don't miss anything, so it may take a little time.

I'm currently in the process of compiling a list of all of Turbine's offences to go in the letters, and I'm intending for this to be quite thorough - I'm even going to include the accusations of chauvinism in the Isengard promotional material that was debated at length on their official forums, which never received an official response.

Basically, anything dodgy, unethical, mean, dishonest or a discredit to the license that they have done is going in these letters.

Just hope you won't end up killing Lotro altogether with those letters. :P

Indeed is it wise ?

I mean its okay by me if you report their doing in WB in order to check them but if the said letters addressed to ME really annoy them and pull the carpet under their feet I am not sure what we will gain in return. There will be no game.

Point is to scare them and make them correct their attitude not push them too hard and kill LOTRO all together.

My personal opinion is that ME letter should be send only if their behaviour fail to change.

Don't forget to include:

Telling us they'd give a new PvMP zone then saying they won't.

Telling us the Steed of Night was permanent then saying it wasn't.

Telling us the store would not contain advantage and then doing the opposite.

Telling us that PvMP was a feature of the game on the back of the SoA box, then saying it wasn't worth looking at.

Probably more stuff, just can't remember.

Okay, I was so interested in this post, that I've have written a blog article around it. As this information has been placed in the public domain, I see no problem in quoting it and linking back to here.

However, if the original poster or the admin for this forums objects I can alter the post accordingly.

I have been measured in what I have said as it is common sense to tread cautiously around litigious US companies, but I thought it important to bring this case to the attention of the wider LOTRO (and gaming) community.

I wonder if Hajile experience will encourage others to do likewise?

Will this be a storm in a tea cup or a nasty can of worms for Turbine?

Okay, I was so interested in this post, that I've have written a blog article around it. As this information has been placed in the public domain, I see no problem in quoting it and linking back to here.

However, if the original poster or the admin for this forums objects I can alter the post accordingly.

I have been measured in what I have said as it is common sense to tread cautiously around litigious US companies, but I thought it important to bring this case to the attention of the wider LOTRO (and gaming) community.

I wonder if Hajile experience will encourage others to do likewise?

Will this be a storm in a tea cup or a nasty can of worms for Turbine?

It's fine by me for you to repost it, although I would ask that if anyone else wishes to repost or bring up the matter elsewhere that they refrain from doing so until the letters have been sent to Warner Brothers and Middle-earth Enterprises. I will let you know here when that has been done - I hope to get a bit of free time sometime in the next 7 days to sit down and write them.

Once that is done I will post the content of the letters here too, so if you would like to follow up on the matter online, you can do so. Anything that will increase the visibility of this complaint will be welcome when the time is right.

I'm hoping that by the end, the matter has at the least become slightly uncomfortable for Turbine. They go to great pains to preserve a supposedly immaculate reputation, so if we can drag it through the dirt a bit, I'll be more than happy.

Incidentally, I will be making mention of this forum in the letters - 1300+ disgruntled players who can't trust Turbine to allow them their opinions on the official forums is not a sign of a satisfied customer base.

Once the letter is done and posted here I may attach a poll so other forum members can add their voices to it as a petition for later in the process.

In respect of the letter to ME, particularly to reassure a few people round here who seem a little concerned, I suggest you add some words to emphasise that you don't want to see the licence pulled & the game killed. Other than that...

Go, Hajile, go!! :Y :Y :Y

In respect of the letter to ME, particularly to reassure a few people round here who seem a little concerned, I suggest you add some words to emphasise that you don't want to see the licence pulled & the game killed. Other than that...

Go, Hajile, go!! :Y :Y :Y

Been working on it a little tonight, and that's basically the jist of what I say. "Give them a chance to sort everything out and make amends, but if they can't or won't don't be afraid to pull their license" sort of thing. That way if they end up with a pulled license it'll be their own damn fault and people won't blame me. :)

I'm open to ideas for further causes for complaint, too - everyone feel free to message me if you have any other examples that haven't been mentioned already.

It would also be an idea to let WB know that you're writing to ME as well, "expressing your concerns" over how T are handling the licence. ME can only provide either indirect pressure, or a sudden pulling of the rug out from underneath. Neither of those necessarily works very well for us. The moment WB think they will lose money, they will likely lean directly & quite heavily on T, which should...

Oooh just realised this one.

Back before the store, Turbine said nothing would change for subscribers and that the store wouldn't be necessary for gameplay. That turned out to be a lie.

They removed the relic removal feature from reforging and put it in the store. Instantly making it so that the only way to get your slotted relics back would be to use the store, which we didn't have to use before.