LOTROCommunity

My Turbine complaints department saga

I wouldn't be surprised at all if at launch, there are 3 maps, one for Dunland, one for the Gap of Rohan, one for Isengard. I'm not in beta, but surely, the feedback they'll be getting is going to tell them they need to split the maps up, that's for sure what I would be feeding back to them if I was in the RoI beta(which I'm not).

Surely, it'll be one of the first builds of RoI on Bullroarer atm.

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Howdy gang. Just thought I'd let you know something incredibly interesting - it IS possible to obtain refunds from Turbine, regardless of their "all sales are final" spiel. I just got my money back fr

Another long post... It's a nice podcast, but it rather misses the point, and it carries a lot of general assumptions that get in the way of your having a genuine discourse on the subject. The mo

I then summarise again the most relevant points, and I try to be as reasonable as possible under the circumstances: I then try to draw all of my points together: I then say that A bi

One of the replies in the link suggests there are more maps that have not yest been put on Bullroarer

Gap of Rohan and Isengard+Nan Curunir currently have their own maps in Palantir, but the maps are incomplete (half drawing half dyanmic map look). It will be pushed to Bullroarer on one of the next builds when the proper maps are drawn.

No idea as to the accuracy of the claim or the original post, but I would wait till more info has come from Turbine before jumping to any conclusions. It is possible that Turbine has not released all the content to Beta just yet and more will come in the next builds

One of the replies in the link suggests there are more maps that have not yest been put on Bullroarer

No idea as to the accuracy of the claim or the original post, but I would wait till more info has come from Turbine before jumping to any conclusions. It is possible that Turbine has not released all the content to Beta just yet and more will come in the next builds

Link to the quote?

Same link that showed the maps, just scroll done to the comments

http://www.betacake.net/2011/08/lotro-rise-of-isengard-maps.html

Ah, I saw it.

I hope for the person who's leaking the stuff sake, that Turbine doesn't find out who it is, as it won't be pretty.

There's a lot of NDA-breaking stuff in those comments.

To be honest, if there are 300-400 quests as promised, i don't really bother because the amount of content will be the same, the bigger problem is that they seem to lack something, how do you define it, connection with their customers/ the few information that is released could easily be misinterpreted by everyone and they do almost nothing to correct that, while it's very easy.

If there is a nice amount of landmass with lot's of quests and nice views, i'm happy;

@Trinsec, the amount of quests and size of the area seems to be comparable to moria if I understand the comments;

We are only missing an instance cluster, new classes and a new game-mechanic;

I expect them to split this expansion in 2+ parts for the turbine store: 1+ quest packs and the raid; With total costs in TP somewhere around 2495 TP which will be lowered to 1995 in a half year or something like that.

Oh dear. More lies, Turbine? Or rather more misinformation that you have not bothered to correct, thus giving a false impression of the product. It's all ammo for the letters, though, so I have Turbine to thank at least for not letting me run dry of material.

I would be careful about putting this map stuff in your letter, it is still Beta and we are talking about leaked material, until something like this hits live servers it would be difficult to complain about it.

there was some slight drama at official forums about this map but it was closed due to close to NDA breaches. Truth be told I agree with Turbine this time as amount of whining based on map from beta was amusing. Whether it's one map or three it doesn't matter. It's like a package, important stuff lies inside. What does matter is amount of content and different feeling of each place. Moria is the perfect example of having zones with different feel while not being really that big.

There's more leaks going out in Internetz, most important for me so far - no new instances at least in beta builds presented on BR so far. Only 24th peeps raid. I'll be very disappointed if this won't change or Trubine will milk peeps by offering those one moth later in store.

Since we post some leaked stuff - some very minor spoilers I've read about:

30 epic book chapters, 97/103 dps 3rd/2nd age 2H LIs, tons of deeds and metadeeds, 11 stable masters, one major city hub

I would be careful about putting this map stuff in your letter, it is still Beta and we are talking about leaked material, until something like this hits live servers it would be difficult to complain about it.

Fair point. I've accidentally blown all of my cash, so I can't actually afford to mail these letters out until the end of the month anyway. Oops. Plenty of time to adjust them.

I'm pretty sure there will be more Isengard leaks between now and then. :)

If it's seven pages, it needs editing. Heavily. Far too long. Keep it short & sweet. If they're willing to discuss, you can always add other examples later. "I am happy to provide you with more specific examples at a future date." Think of it like a CV - if it isn't all there in 2-3 pages, they'll physically or metaphorically put it in the bin. Happy to offer suggestions if you want.

With respect, I am not being obtuse. Not being privy to the letter, I cannot speak to its content. Are there diagrams or pictures that would take up more space than standard paragraphs? I don't know.

Aside from that, I am not willing to dismiss any part of the letter, seen or unseen, as there are years of reasonable observations that could comprise it, which the writer's intended recipients ought to see in one large and convicting mass. But that is my view of it.

Nevertheless, in the event that the writer rejects your advice and retains the full content of the letter, I simply offered an alternate to make it seem less like a Russian novel.

Turbine presented the Beta-Client public on GC Cologne, so i think, there is no problem with the NDA.

Overview-map, old version:

41119615zc1v.jpg

Overview-map, newer Version:

41119615wpfk.jpg

Zones:

-Dunland

4111961dece6.jpg

-Gap of Rohan:

41119290jda6.jpg

-Isengard:

41119607adrg.jpg

Detail-Maps:

-Isengard

41116f01lde0.jpg

-Galtrev

41116efevfho.jpg

FYI: I don't have Beta-Access, all Files extracted from the client with free tools.

-Photoshop-Maps: You will never see this maps ingame, the maps are for developers.

I haven't seen an official lift of NDA so I guess IF you were in beta this would be a breach of NDA.

In german we call it "konkludentes handeln", in english it could be "implied-in-fact".

I decided to blog about these "leaks". It will be curious to see if it incurs any official response. The original leaked pictures are still in the public domain. Have Turbine attempted to have them removed?

I'm also intrigued by some of the screenshots. Have they been redacted?

The pictures have been posted and broadcast via twitter from many folks and as they're from a open event, I'm not sure I could see how Turbine could be upset. Basically we're just allowing these to be seen by others not lucky enough to be in Germany.

The video is interesting, but doesn't show too much more information then what we've seen in the screenshots just in a more fluid sense. Although the benefit to the video is that it's obvious where it is coming from :)

The aspect that conserns many people is what 'end-game aspects' are in RoI based on that so far only a few instances are scaled to 75 and nothing 'new' has been added or presented 'yet'. We will just have to wait and see over the next few weeks but Turbine do have a month to add 'much more'. Its good to note that they are constantly adding a lot of tweaks/updates and on Snowbourn some people are in Beta and openly discussing it in Global.

For me landmass is important but only as important by what content it is filled with. I'm still disappointed at lack of end-game instances (not just raids).

The aspect that conserns many people is what 'end-game aspects' are in RoI based on that so far only a few instances are scaled to 75 and nothing 'new' has been added or presented 'yet'. We will just have to wait and see over the next few weeks but Turbine do have a month to add 'much more'. Its good to note that they are constantly adding a lot of tweaks/updates and on Snowbourn some people are in Beta and openly discussing it in Global.

For me landmass is important but only as important by what content it is filled with. I'm still disappointed at lack of end-game instances (not just raids).

This concerns me as well, although I also think I'd be fine with RoI having little end-game content IF they follow it up before the end of 2011 with a content update with some instances and maybe another raid. This would also do wonders to stunt some of the SW:TOR exodus many are expecting...