LOTROCommunity

Rise of Isengard: Developer Diary: Itemization

yeah well ... I wait til I see for myself how and in what way finesse is implemented, before I start to call in the cheering crowd for the mandatory "amazing, great, wonderful"s

at least it came to their attention, that there is a certain doubt to their new pet

But at the last the siege was so strait that Sauron himself came forth; and he wrestled with Gil-galad and Elendil, and they both were slain, and the sword of Elendil broke under him as he fell. Isildur strove with Sauron, but his Finesse level did not suffice to strike a blow, and there was not to be found a Supplier NPC to repair the sword of Elendil; alas, it was BOA and could not have been used in any event. Thus, Sauron gained mastery of the field, through the machinations of Tûrbinë.

O-)

Its not radiance but we will need to wear at least 3 pieces to hit a boss. FFS Turbine

Glad I havent ordered the expansion yet...

Why will we need at least 3 pieces? The intent is the you will max the rating with 3, but you should be able to hit it with none but less often or for less damage. The diary clearly says you dont need it.

Basically it appears that low levels of finesse (finezze) ups the chance our attacks will be blocked, parried, evaded or resisted. However since you can up your hit chance via stats that dont cap, you could avoid using finesse if you want.

We will just have to wait and see how it works

Arghh... Radianze at least didn't try to lure us to dark alleys and knock us in the head to plant mind control chips in our brains. Finesse (I'll start using Finezze from now on) hopefully won't end up being just another Radiance Replacement, sure lookst that way despite these claims. Grhmh!