LOTROCommunity

Win a Copy of Isengard! ends 31st August 2011 6pm EST

honvik

Win a Copy of the Legendary Isengard Expansion Pack Ends 31st August 2011 6pm EST

Ready? Steady? Want something exciting to win?

Element Zero in association with Turbine are pleased to announce a competition that will see two lucky people win a Legendary Code for the latest expansion to Lord of the Rings Online. Rise of isengard is Turbines 3rd Expansion pack and is due for release 27th September 2011. It will see a level cap increase to level 75, a new epic 24 player raid, multiple enhancements to crafting with a new tier, stat enhancements and much much more.

Are you ready to fight the forces of Isengard?

To enter you must answer the question on the website below and fill out all the information to be in for a chance to win. *Please note do not provide me with your login name and provide a real name instead. An additional entry can be made by answering a separate question via twitter www.twitter.com/honvik with either Direct messaging the answer or using the PM function on the official LOTRO Website to honvikuk.

Have you entered the Freedom for Stoneheight Competition as well? there is no better chance to win some Turbine Points and have a blast doing it as well! Full Info via Link Below.

http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.p...Community-Wide!

Terms and Conditions

This competition is open to all countries without limit. A valid e-mail address must be provided so we can contact you should you be a winner. The competition is not open to Element Zero Guild Staff or their family members. The prize is provided by Turbine, which is owned by Warner Bro’s. You enter this competition at your own risk so please make sure you provide only the correct info required and ensure your PC is free from virus's etc.

Two questions, if I may:

1. Is Turbine responsible for choosing the winners?

2. While it's a good idea in general, the inclusion of the PC-free-from-viruses requirement is something I've never seen before in online contests. What was the basis for/origin of its inclusion?

I do not doubt how geniune this competition is Honvik, you have been organising events for the European community for some time now and I hope you and Element Zero continue to do so.

There are however some members of the lotro community who do have some, quite legitimate, concerns.

http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.php?412970-Is-this-normal

Perhaps asking for a blue name to post to confirm the legitimacy of the competition may be a good idea.

Two questions, if I may:

1. Is Turbine responsible for choosing the winners?

2. While it's a good idea in general, the inclusion of the PC-free-from-viruses requirement is something I've never seen before in online contests. What was the basis for/origin of its inclusion?

Covering all bases tbh. Regarding the e-mailing to me. I dont really want someone to mail me a virus :) and likewise myself to them. (currently my PC is on Lockdown for that reason).

Yes I noticed IP board took it.

Anyway Turbine have confirmed its all legit btw so you can tell your friends all is good :).

Thank you for the answers, but I was also interested in an answer to my first question. Will Element Zero choose the winners or will Turbine? If Element Zero chooses the winners, does Turbine reserve any right to reject either of them?

Thank you for the answers, but I was also interested in an answer to my first question. Will Element Zero choose the winners or will Turbine? If Element Zero chooses the winners, does Turbine reserve any right to reject either of them?

Regarding the Isengard Competition. The Data will be ported into Excel with the persons info and allocated a number i.e 1-20000 (if we get up to that i'd be impressed). The Data will be merged with the Twitter Info and again allocated a number.

Once the Competition ends then I'll FRAP's In-game the draw and will ask someone else to do the /random (whatever the number) Once the number has been matched then an announcement will be made.

Turbine should send the codes after I've provided the names or perhaps before and as far as I know they have not said they'd like any part in rejecting names etc.

The angle that must be looked at is that Turbine are merely providing the digial goods and thats where it stops. Much like other competitions ran by various websites an element of trust has to be there that someone will win the product as advertised and that there is no favourtism or banning people if they crossed swords with me in the past. This competition is open to all no matter what and players can give any an alt name if they wanted to. There is nothing to gain but not running an honest competition.

As for Stoneheight its a bit different since people can pysically watch the video's.

Cheers

• 4 weeks later...