LOTROCommunity

28th Of May! Celebratory Ride Goodbye!

Thorebane

As you know at the end of the month the server's will be offline for some time while Turbine takes full control. People have been thinking and giving idea's of what to do to show our love for Codemaster's and from my previous post I think we can do this ....

We will do one last ride / walk across parts of Eriador.

On the 28th of May, Around 7:30-8pm GTM?; as many of us that we can find shall all meet up in Ered Luin, At Thorin's Hall and we shall progress to regions Eriador to Edenwaith!. Taking video's and picture's along the way.

The high level's will start the way that way getting any agro and holding the young one's together :D

Now ...

I don't know anyone that's good with photoshopping with picture's but I'm quite good with editing video's ( of course other people can do it aswell ) but yeah only problem is getting people that are able to put all picture's together etc so if you know someone or yourself would like to step up to the task just reply to this and I'll try contacting you

Come on people for the love of Codemaster's let's give them one BIG Farewell

I'm from the Gilrain server but doesn't mean it'll stop you. !!!

Ride now!... Ride now!... Ride! Ride to ruin and the world's ending!!!!

Edited by Thorebane

Would love to join this but I'll be working til 9pm - I'll log on when I get in and see if the celebrations are continuing ;)

On a side note, 6pm might be a little early for those getting home from work and grabbing something to eat!

of all the time wasting stuff we have to do in this game and you want to do more??

this has to be one of the dumbest ideas i've ever heard

and all because we love codemasters so much? <puke> no way dude!

btw - there's no point kissing up to them cos they're going to be gone.

and turbine wont be any better, but we'll at least get updates on time

of all the time wasting stuff we have to do in this game and you want to do more??

With having this as your only post I can see you made an account just to put this, if you don't like the idea don't comment. simple as :)

• Upvote 1

With having this as your only post I can see you made an account just to put this, if you don't like the idea don't comment. simple as :)

yes i made the account to post

who are you, telling me not to comment?

my opinion is as valid as anyone else's

the only people who 'love' codemasters are sycophants and ignorant.

if that is the only thing you can find to fill your time in game, then i suppose it is a good thing that the game is now free.

this idea is dumb. period.

So you don't want to join in, don't :) No-one is forcing you, but some people might like to have an "ending" event, no need to rain on their parade. Creating an account simply to do so is... well... sad, to be polite.

So you don't want to join in, don't :) No-one is forcing you, but some people might like to have an "ending" event, no need to rain on their parade. Creating an account simply to do so is... well... sad, to be polite.

the account was created to join a forum. it just happened to be this particular post i wanted to answer.

there is no 'ending' which requires an event, just a (hopefully) brief downtime.

and then, to do this because 'we all love codemasters'? i think not. a ridiculous reason. and a slow parade over middle earth? i cant think of anything more tedious.

that night will be possibly your last night to accomplish something in the game for some time: make it worthwhile - join groups, take part in raids, even skirmishes. go out with a bang, not a fizzle.

i am by no means negative on all issues, and look forward to taking an active role in a public discussion arena.

Wormer, just because you *can* say something, it doesn't mean that you should. No-one is suggesting your opinion isn't valid, but this is an invitation, not a discusssion. Was it really necessary to post something so completely negative, and spoil the atmosphere for others? I don't love Codemasters, I'm not on Gilrain, and the event wouldn't interest me if I were. But I can leave other people to enjoy the game the way they want to, and the "recruiting" poster is kind of amusing. Someone put a little bit of effort into that. You'd have done better to have left the thread alone.

• Upvote 4

Well, I don't "love" codemasters, I just grab every opportunity to join a event and have some fun besides the raids and stuff. And at the end all we want is some relaxation and laughter. So if this is our way to do so, please let us be and let us have some fun!

• Upvote 1

yes i made the account to post

who are you, telling me not to comment?

my opinion is as valid as anyone else's

the only people who 'love' codemasters are sycophants and ignorant.

if that is the only thing you can find to fill your time in game, then i suppose it is a good thing that the game is now free.

this idea is dumb. period.

Well to be honest you wouldn't even have LOTRO if it wasn't for Codemasters so I think you should show them at least a little respect for the people and community that have made this fantastic game, this includes all forum community <3

Wormer, just because you *can* say something, it doesn't mean that you should. No-one is suggesting your opinion isn't valid, but this is an invitation, not a discusssion. Was it really necessary to post something so completely negative, and spoil the atmosphere for others? I don't love Codemasters, I'm not on Gilrain, and the event wouldn't interest me if I were. But I can leave other people to enjoy the game the way they want to, and the "recruiting" poster is kind of amusing. Someone put a little bit of effort into that. You'd have done better to have left the thread alone.

You my friend just gain +1 Rep ! :D

• Upvote 1

A "mustering of Belegaer" at Thorins Hall has been announced for the same date/time. :)

I wonder how this will work out with layering and such...

there shouldn't be any problem with layers, did it before in bree; Gathered more than 50 people for a run through for fun and no one found any problem's so just because it's in Thorin's hall shouldn't make a difference :)

The Suffering are planning a few events and I think Honvik is arranging the mass ride for Snowborne :) We are looking at a picnic on the 6th June to celebrate a successful migration LOL Lets hope we are not marred by the same issues DDo had when they did the same thing....

At which point is it professionally acceptable for me to respond to this? Next week? Never? Please advise.

8)7