LOTROCommunity
Laurinaohtar

Lorebook tooltips

Any chance of being able to get these working here?

Here is an example from my kin forums

Untitled.png

I believe this is the neccessary Javascript

http://content.level3.turbine.com/sites/lorebook.lotro.com/js/onering.js

That would be interesting. What would the user have to type to get that activated?

As far as I am aware, if the javascript is included in the page then any link to the lorebook such as http://lorebook.lotro.com/wiki/Skill:Shocking_Touch will result in the tooltip.

You could do as I did on our old kin forums and introduce some BBCodes for [skill]Shocking Touch[/skill] for example that creates the link for you.

Yeah, the BB code thing was roughly what I was thinking of. Seems easier than going to the lorebook every time to search for the link, especially with the current Turbine site's speeds. :P Sounds neat overall. I wonder if that'd slow down this forum, though, since it depends on the other site's speed. And as I already mentioned, Turbine's sites are just awful slow.

Working on it, just not with Turbine's script. They include too much junk for my liking.

I've written a greasemonkey script for that a few years ago. With this script you can have these tooltips on any site you like.

Greasemonkey works with injecting javascript on client-side.

Greasemonkey (Firefox-Addon)

Userscript (Save it in a text file. Filename MUST end with ".user.js" i.e. "lorebook_tooltip.user.js". Finally install the userscript by simply opening it in FF after you've installed greasemonkey before.):

// ==UserScript==

// @name           Lorebook cluetip

// @namespace      lotrocommunity.com

// @description    Tooltip fuer Lotro Items per Ajax aus dem Lorebook

// @include        http://lotrocommunity.com/*

// ==/UserScript==

var GM_JQ = document.createElement('script');

GM_JQ.src = 'http://code.jquery.com/jquery-latest.pack.js';

GM_JQ.type = 'text/javascript';

document.getElementsByTagName('head')[0].appendChild(GM_JQ);

function GM_wait() {

if(typeof unsafeWindow.jQuery == 'undefined') {

window.setTimeout(GM_wait,100);

} else {

jQuery = unsafeWindow.jQuery;

letsJQuery();

}

}

GM_wait();

function letsJQuery() {

jQuery.noConflict();

jQuery("<div>LOREBOOK Tooltip is running!</div>")

.css({padding: '10px', background: '#0C2B62', color:'white', position: 'fixed',top: '0', left: '0', 'z-index': '66', width: '99%'

.appendTo('body')

.fadeIn('fast')

.animate({opacity: 1.0}, 1000)

.fadeOut(2000);

jQuery("body").append(

"<script src='http://content.turbine.com/sites/lorebook.lotro.com/js/onering.js'> </script>"

);

}

[/code]

Tooltip may look a bit ugly on some sites (especially the window-borders). This is due to sideeffects with the site-css where the tooltip is injected. But better than nothing ...

I would recommend not enabling it here though. I'm working on a feature for this, that doesn't require lorebook ;)

I would recommend not enabling it here though. I'm working on a feature for this, that doesn't require lorebook ;)

It's more a temporary solution rather than an alternative to what you do. But until it's ready we have something what makes it a little bit more comfortable here. And disabling the userscript is a few clicks then ... :-)

What are you using instead of Lorebook?

Working on it, just not with Turbine's script. They include too much junk for my liking.

Isn't that their normal way of scripting? :D

Making progress, will probably be in and working by tonight:

tooltip.png

I saw the tooltips in this post.

But (see included pic) it's not full size (yet).

Because of the nature of the mouse-over, i can't scroll the popup (if i move my pointer from the link, the popup is a goner)

tooltip.png

Using FF 4.01.

Dunno if the script is finished already, but i consider this to be a bug report ;)

Hmm.. you seem to get the non-styled version. Try Ctrl+F5 and see if it disappears

You can only share a pie so much it seems :Y)

No, not just the pies,

Defender of the West Breastplate

Sarenzer

Túranc

Filigothigil

Work too.*O*

Will we get icons in the toolbar to make the links? Or will we have to remember what codes to use? 8)

As far as I can tell you just have to know the correct name for the item. One typo and you might get nothing or the wrong thing.

Well im not really talking about the names, but icons for the

[item][/item] and [armour][/armour]

Didnt know these codes, till i quoted MueR's text.

Would be nice to be able to type "perfect pie", select it and to click the "item tooltip" icon on the toolbar.

This will inform other users you can make the tooltips too.

What's the difference between using a LOTRO Armour tag and a LOTRO Item tag?

using armour: Turanc. using item: Turanc. If they're the same then why have both?

They are indeed the same. I added those two for testing purposes a while ago and later made them redundant :P I'll be adding them to the editor soonish. It's still in development though, as for example item sets are not supported yet.

What's the difference between using a LOTRO Armour tag and a LOTRO Item tag?

using armour: Turanc. using item: Turanc. If they're the same then why have both?

I'm guessing whilst Turanc may fall under both catagories on the lorebook stuff like

Ancient Silver Inlay

Doesn't

Edit: Muer answered, I was wrong!

Very true but aren't all armour in fact items? Anyway as MueR stated the current implementation was part of his testing and will be replaced, presumably with a nifty button.

edit: half wrong maybe ;)

Are you still working on this Muer? Some of the items have errors on the popups. Either you've changed something or Turbine has. 7(8)7