LOTROCommunity

The things I have said that Sapience does not like.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hiya peeps, To the surprise of nobody, I have been posting on the Turbine boards as Zweiblumen. I had originally wanted to avoid joining officially the dots between the two accounts, but seeing a

We do love Lotro, but these fanbois are actively destroying the game by blaming players for every flaw that ever happens and forcing topics away from any inconvenient questions..

Posting here to save it. http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.php?440377-What-is-new-in-the-store-armors&p=5942975#post5942975

Came here from the official site...

Very refreshing and sad to see how some people have been treated.

Received some infractions myself from time to time but not been banned (yet).

Sapience reminds me of Lord Haw Haw *removed*

Edited by MueR
Lets not make those comparisons

Sorry about your experience with the Turbine team, but welcome here anyway. :)

(By the way, ex-nay on the odwin-Gay, kay-o?)

Think you meant Ix...

And sure - I just call em like I see em. Hyperbole? Just trying to use analogies, even if they are poor. I think the message is there none the less.

The message is there.

Sorry for the bad pig-Latin. It's why they kicked me out of Rome. ;)

hahahah good one :)

I have to say that this site has opened my eyes, and not in a good way.

I always suspected things were going on - reputation hacks and what nots - but there are more than enough fanbois over there to shoot you down.

I rarely post anymore, and when I do it's usually just a joke comment as I really can't be assed to argue with anyone anymore. It's pointless...

OK they are well within there rights to do this I guess but my sig has been edited again. Previously it had

Runesi 68 R8 RK Snowbourn

Council Of The West | lotrocommunity.com | COTW @SWTOR

Now its just

Runesi 68 R8 RK Snowbourn

Council Of The West

I guess I don't really care but if they can find time to edit my sig perhaps they can find time to answer my questions regarding there security in the official thread.

Anyone else had the lotrocommunity link removed from there sig?

Seems they're a bit touchy about this site ;)

Why wouldn't they be? Little Ricky can't choke the life out of criticism over here like he can in his own personal *site* over there.

Edited by MueR

he has his virtual fascist moments, but to call it the 3rd Reich is quite far fetched.

it's not like you're being shot on sight or sent to a death camp. he's just requiring you to comply to the company line ... and quite a few around here just happen to be not the overly complying type.

Why wouldn't they be? Little Ricky can't choke the life out of criticism over here like he can in his own personal *site* over there.

Unfortunately, remarks like that are only going to slam shut any doors of dialogue we hope to open. :(

Yes, I said "we". While I don't agree with the rather vitriolic attitude toward the Community Team (and that's simply based on my own experiences, which are few but postitive), I do agree that Turbine needs to reconsider what it considers adequate communication with its customers. I'm doing what I can, here and there, to foster that.

We do want these doors open, yes?

:)

Edited by MueR

well ... I would like to see that, but it won't happen as long as Mr. Heaton and the Paiz Situation are in charge.

Well, not being able to look over Mr. Heaton's shoulder while he does his work, I really can't speak to that. I don't think he's got as much control as a lot of people seem to think. My own opinion, as I've said, is based on my own experiences with him which have been positive enough. He did at least make a show of attempting to help the bloggers (who were expressing their unhappiness a long time before everybody else got into the act), and for that I give him credit.

But my point is, if we don't attempt to open the doors of communication at all, they never will open. You have to make an effort. Like right now, I'd like a sandwich. But if I don't get my tired old ass out there into the kitchen, it won't appear.

;)

Yes, I do at least. I may tease Turbine on my site, and sometimes get very critical, but in the end I do want Turbine to be more open with communication. Perhaps that means some of the CM staff need to have their priorities adjusted, or maybe the upper management needs to allow them to speak more openly, and allow more open discussion from the community in kind? Honestly, I don't know, but I don't think anyone should be fired. Not even Heaton, as - let's be honest here - he might be simply doing the job required of him by his boss.

Anyway, things are a little tense between Turbine and many of the posters here, that is clear. While the reasons for that tension I believe stem directly from the actions taken by Turbine staff, we can take the high road, in an attempt to lessen those tensions. I suggest the following:

1. We stop insulting Turbine employees in any way.
  2. We stop inferring that Turbine is only interested in money at any cost.
  3. We frame our comments about Turbine as politely as possible.
  4. We stop giving Turbine and their supporters reason to call us all Trolls and Haters.

I know it will be hard for some here to do this, but to be honest, we really must. I'm sure you are all aware that Turbine considers us to all be the absolute worst of the worst. Anything we might say right now holds no weight at all with them, and I'm sure they will impress that upon as much of the community at the official LOTRO Forums as well, so we need to show them a different face.

We need to turn the other cheek.

Show them all that we aren't just raging arses, intent to cause trouble.

Then maybe, just maybe, a dialogue can open.

Unfortunately, remarks like that are only going to slam shut any doors of dialogue we hope to open. :(

Yes, I said "we". While I don't agree with the rather vitriolic attitude toward the Community Team (and that's simply based on my own experiences, which are few but postitive), I do agree that Turbine needs to reconsider what it considers adequate communication with its customers. I'm doing what I can, here and there, to foster that.

Turbine currently steers toward confrontation. They clearly have chosen a their strategy, and that strategy is to minimize the public visibility of the discontent in the player base, and of other problems such as their computer security situation.

As stated repeatedly, I'm the first one who would go into a dialog, preferably in a medium better than forum posts. But hey, it's not us who keeps the door closed.

Having said that, it is pretty standard issue not to allow links to external sites in signatures. I wouldn't get too hot about that particular detail.

Anyway, things are a little tense between Turbine and many of the posters here, that is clear. While the reasons for that tension I believe stem directly from the actions taken by Turbine staff, we can take the high road, in an attempt to lessen those tensions. I suggest the following:

1. We stop insulting Turbine employees in any way.
  2. We stop inferring that Turbine is only interested in money at any cost.
  3. We frame our comments about Turbine as politely as possible.
  4. We stop giving Turbine and their supporters reason to call us all Trolls and Haters.

well ... even if we followed items 1-3 to the point ... item 4 would still be in effect. Turbine has no mind for opposition or other oppinions on what they should be doing with a game/licence like LotR(o).

well ... even if we followed items 1-3 to the point ... item 4 would still be in effect. Turbine has no mind for opposition or other oppinions on what they should be doing with a game/licence like LotR(o).

Perhaps that's true, but look at it this way: If Turbine staff or a Turbine Supporter makes some comment about the posters on this site, inferring we are just Haters, then some player comes over here to see for themselves, would we be better off with that player seeing us ranting about Turbine, the CMs and the Rabid Fans, or if they saw us posting reasonable and polite comments (be they complaints or not)?

I believe we can win the hearts of the playerbase overall if we come off as reasonable folks, and that would prevent Turbine and those posters who are "always on their side" from painting this community in a bad light anymore. Then our comments will hold more weight with the LOTRO Community overall. Then our words cannot so easily be ignored.

Trust me on this.

I believe we can win the hearts of the playerbase overall if we come off as reasonable folks, and that would prevent Turbine and those posters who are "always on their side" from painting this community in a bad light anymore. Then our comments will hold more weight with the LOTRO Community overall. Then our words cannot so easily be ignored.

Trust me on this.

Just so. And those of us who inhabit both forums will not neglect to defend the reasonable posters on this one, I can promise you. :)

Well, off to work for a few hours, folks, good luck.

;)

I send a PM regarding the removal of my signature and got a response say my signature breached rules 2 and 18 of the community guideline

2. You may not use, distribute, or spotlight, or post links to sexually explicit, harmful, threatening, abusive, defamatory, obscene, hateful, racially, nationally, ethnically offensive content or language, or other content deemed inappropriate at the discretion of the Turbine Community Team.

Users must not violate, or promote the violation of, Turbine’s terms of service, codes of conduct or end user license agreements.

http://www.lotro.com/community/700-communityguidelines

It appears that some recent posts mean this forum now breaks the forum rules