LOTROCommunity

Roi info

Podraig

I thought I would share some condensed info and views on ROI from the beta, the area's are nice, there is alot of quests..some abit menial :( honestly flower picking crap again or similar.

maps are deceptive in size in good and bad ways, while dunland does have alot of quests in each of the area's there are also task boards ( I dont like these things ).

Gap of rohan is deceptive also mainly because the area wulfs cleft seems to be some type of area instance you can enter when on some quest chain ( could be wrong as regards if it opens up later, did not have time to test ).

nan curinir where Orthanc is has what a appears to be a grey company quest giver, again did not do quests to test but seems plausable to assume its a grey company quest hub.

Faction reputation seems like its gonna be a issue however, while men of dunland seem to have alot of quests, riders of rohan dont seem to have that many, this coupled with Task boards and the new Advantage rep item from the store suggest that to get Kindred with riders will require grinding rep from tasks ect, in essense another make money scheme considering the teir 7 crafting is woeful to begin, you actually need rep to get prospecting recipes to make components to use for crafting dont mind the recipes for the items themselves, all the high end recipes are 1 shot vender recipes costing 400s or so unless your part of the craft guild for said recipe in which case you can get the high end recipes on a week cooldown..also requires large symbol from new teir to make again 1 week CD. New journals for criting recipes have been reduced to 25% chance from 35% for previous teir, some assumptions suggest this is to offset crit chance from t7 tools, however there currently are no t7 tools.

The epic book does indeed have 30 chapters, two of these chapters are infact near enough to mini books themselves as you need to complete about 7-10 other smaller quests in the area before progressing, again some menial quests in here but overall the book was very well done and will take most people anywhere from 5-8 hours to complete.

The draigoth raid looks amazing, I cant fault turbine for the small part I have seen, you will be blown away, I know I sound like a fanboi here but truth be told I was blown away by the small bit I seen, as regards loot, you recieve a deed for completeing it T1/T2/challenge which will net you a worn symbol of celembrimbor, he drops apparently 1-2 head coins and 1-2 shoulder coins on T1, no change on coins when done T2 ( rumored ), he can drop a worn symbol of celembrimbor on any tier..harder difficulty the better drop rate, on challeneg he drops scales to use in the cloak recipe..the cloaks are amazing from what I have seen, no idea how many scales you need per cloak however. Cloak recipe is at the moment on beta only avalable from riders of rohan vender at kindred rep, not sure if thats final.

I did the quests in one of the starting area's to see how many there were and my total came to maybe 37 or so, map changes happen much like enidwaite with certain npc's disappearing ect or buildings destroyed based on what part of the quest you are on, all in all took me about 5-6 hours with a level 75 toon to clear the area of quests, now ofc all the mobs were gray at the time, so lets add 2 hours onto that for doing it at level due to mob aggro.

As regards class's, Tanks are now Tanks..will be renaming my guardian to king tiger, I dueled a on level hunter afew times with my tank in his tanking gear and without catch a breath legacies on his belt and could have went afk for 30 seconds in each fight and still came back and beat the hunter up, Tank mitigations are massive, take what your tank has now on live, add scrolls and then double it and your close, aggro is not a issue anymore either, while testing in school same hunter above dps'ed a mob down about 5-6k, my guard hit the mob with ward then vexing blow and sting and the mob changed target, no taunt needed, did not have a healer at the time but am confident the guard could have pulled the whole last room and held them and beat them down without a problem instead of needing to kite.

Captain changes to shield brother ect and fellowship brother legendary now make them one of the best class's there is, the shield brothers all have different abilities and change inspire to match, while song brother is active inspire will give everyone in the fellowship 750pw over 15 seconds if it hits, if blade brother inspire gives 350moral/350pw or so over 15 seconds and shield brother itself will cause inspire to give 750 moral over 15 seconds, to arms and strenght of will both change depending on what brother is active, imo if you can fit 2 captains in a fellowship group the benifits are even better.

Unfortunatly I only managed to test 2 chars, a friend who was testing a hunter has told me he found the damage output great but when traited the same as he normally traits on live 5 blue/2 red he was having major power issues and not only in sustained fights.

While I have not tested everything I could, i'd be happy to give any info that I can if people have questions.

Never noticed them, however they are pvp buffs which at least limits them abit, my gripe is the rep accelerater, make roi a grind then put something in that lessons it for a price, lame imo.

That's the way every f2p game and store go, increase grind, sell grind shortening devices. You only have to look at Korean games to see this. What stinks is that people are paying a sub fee and getting hosed for it. What are they getting for their payments that f2p players aren't getting for free if you consider that all the TP needed can be ground out fairly quickly, other than the 'free' tp they toss into the corner for the dogs to chew?

This is the part I really don't like, among other things.

store buffs

These buffs are pvp only... and for certain classes silence and disarm immunity for the duration of the fight are another case of clear advantage. Anyone know if there are more store items like this? It doesn't matter whether they are PvP or PvE based, I am including each example of where Turbine has behaved contrary to their reassurances that the store would be 'convenience not advantage'.

Thanks.

These buffs are pvp only... and for certain classes silence and disarm immunity for the duration of the fight are another case of clear advantage. Anyone know if there are more store items like this? It doesn't matter whether they are PvP or PvE based, I am including each example of where Turbine has behaved contrary to their reassurances that the store would be 'convenience not advantage'.

Thanks.

Some more

Yeah, I took screens of some of them. We already know about the finesse potions. Morale buffs, power buffs. Attack and defense they already have, and those are pointless if both sides use them, they cancel each other out. 90 minute heal out of combat buffs that scale to level from a single purchase. Clearly they are targeting the ettens with the store updates. You need to be able to buy quickly to grab those, so the one touch buy button gets you done fast. Combat is the only place where time would matter when using the store. Being able to save some of your own favorites also speeds this up. I didn't bother with the relics as they already do that. But it's telling that they took away OUR ability to make them at that tier, and are going to turn around and sell them now. Tier 6 is still the max tier for player craftable relics.

What I'd like to hear from players after ROI goes live. 'My root doesn't work WTF!?' 'I can't silence the RK? Total BS!!' etc. And with both sides buying them, it's never going to end. You may as well not even have some skills anymore. And while the root, daze item is only 1 min in duration, I think that's for show. All things are subject to change before live. They might not like the yelling that comes from silence and disarm, but what would happen if people had 5 min immunities to all crowd control? PVMP would crash to a halt I think. Or turn into a FPS. If you add in all the trait boosts, stat boosts, and the hot pots, it's a pay to win fantasy land for the ettens when ROI comes.

Some more

Yeah, I took screens of some of them. We already know about the finesse potions. Morale buffs, power buffs. Attack and defense they already have, and those are pointless if both sides use them, they cancel each other out. 90 minute heal out of combat buffs that scale to level from a single purchase. Clearly they are targeting the ettens with the store updates. You need to be able to buy quickly to grab those, so the one touch buy button gets you done fast. Combat is the only place where time would matter when using the store. Being able to save some of your own favorites also speeds this up. I didn't bother with the relics as they already do that. But it's telling that they took away OUR ability to make them at that tier, and are going to turn around and sell them now. Tier 6 is still the max tier for player craftable relics

Thanks for the info. I would like to clarify a few things if you don't mind.

First of all the store options that are available also with destiny points I don't think we can argue over as it is the non-subscription option to use these since they don't have access to destiny points (unless that is changing?). The main question here is whether the store version stacks with the destiny version equivalent?

Do you think something like the finesse buff will make a lot of difference in EM or will it be relatively subtle? I haven't had time to read up about finesse much.

What is a 90 min heal out of combat buff exactly? Does it have a cooldown? Is there a destiny point equivalent?

Not sure I understood what you said about relics - are we talking relics for legendaries? What exactly have they taken away from us?

I previously saw the crumbling insignia - this is existing in game right? Are they removing it from the game or just offering a store version as well?

I plan to include this information in my report, so accuracy is important :)

The whole pay to win thing is a clear change in PvP policy and based on the store. They said that nothing will change for VIPs by the move to F2P and this is a clear example of a fundamental change that does effect VIPs - the F2P move is changing the nature of gameplay in Middle Earth, it feels like an entirely different game than the one they were previously selling.

Finesse buffs are useless imo, stacking finesse ingame is easy enough, seems like store buff pots for finesse are probably more aimed at pvp than anything else, you can get pretty high finesse on pve gear without issues.

As regards damage buffs ect, they are just scroll versions of destiny buffs and dont stack with destiny, only exception is the tome of defence which cant be replicated with destiny and does stack with all other buffs making it very powerful.

90 min heal out of combat looks to me like a 90min buff food that does not disappear on death, not overly gamebreaking imo.

The other buffs such as moral/power ect are just duplicated destiny buffs, looks like they will still restrict Destiny points to VIP's but are now gonna sell destiny equivilents in the store, while not gamebreaking or taking anything away from VIP's it does ofc just make another exculsive VIP buff available to f2p/premium.

Problem is the more the make everything available to F2p players the less attractive VIP becomes, it gets to the point where paying 10 dollars just for TP's gets more attractive than paying 10 Dollars for a subscription even with the 500 free points ( not really free are they ).

Finesse buffs are useless imo, stacking finesse ingame is easy enough, seems like store buff pots for finesse are probably more aimed at pvp than anything else, you can get pretty high finesse on pve gear without issues.

As regards damage buffs ect, they are just scroll versions of destiny buffs and dont stack with destiny, only exception is the tome of defence which cant be replicated with destiny and does stack with all other buffs making it very powerful.

90 min heal out of combat looks to me like a 90min buff food that does not disappear on death, not overly gamebreaking imo.

The other buffs such as moral/power ect are just duplicated destiny buffs, looks like they will still restrict Destiny points to VIP's but are now gonna sell destiny equivilents in the store, while not gamebreaking or taking anything away from VIP's it does ofc just make another exculsive VIP buff available to f2p/premium.

Problem is the more the make everything available to F2p players the less attractive VIP becomes, it gets to the point where paying 10 dollars just for TP's gets more attractive than paying 10 Dollars for a subscription even with the 500 free points ( not really free are they ).

It isn't just that, but that destiny costs for those items have risen over time, making the store more attractive in comparison. The same when they increased kill counts for deeds, IIRC those have been upped to make the deed buffs more shiny. I haven't bothered to go into the ettens and double check that, but suffice to say that a scalable finesse pot is going to come in very handily in the ettens, especially if you can snag the pvp gear there. Over 4g finesse then, not counting jewellery or weapon on my LM alone, and I'm sure that the heavier versions have more. And you will need it because none of your crowd control is going to help you for long anymore.

There are more than one version of the morale/power buffs, based on level. First is at 30, then at 70. But really there isn't all that much difference between them, about a hundred or so. I'll see if I have them. I could go in and see if destiny point costs are changing again as well, comparing live to beta.(can't, bull is not live now, probably down till the next testing run)

I have a question :)

Is there a new scroll of empowerment required for level 75 legendary weapons or can we use the same ones as pre-ROI?

If there is a new kind of scroll of empowerment, what options are there to get them? How grindy will it be?

I've heard that the new scrolls are called Greater Scrolls of Empowerment and you can only get them from skirmishes with a fair grind. Not 100% though, since I'm only repeating what I've seen others from beta say.

I've heard that the new scrolls are called Greater Scrolls of Empowerment and you can only get them from skirmishes with a fair grind. Not 100% though, since I'm only repeating what I've seen others from beta say.

You get two scrolls of greater empowerment from the book quests, otheres you need 2600 SM and 1 S4M for one from skirmish legendary vendor, Greater scrolls of delving however are a mystery to most people now and some fear store exclusive at moment but we will find out the 27th i suppose.

Greater scrolls of delving however are a mystery to most people now and some fear store exclusive at moment but we will find out the 27th i suppose.

It was told by the development that it was an oversight:

http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.php?&postid=5692124#post5692124

We missed the Scrolls of Greater Delving in the rewards scheme. They will be added to the Skirmish barter system sometime after the launch of Isengard.

We'll see how long it takes until they are added...