LOTROCommunity
Sign in to follow this  
Almagnus1

FTC Will Investigate Loot Boxes

17 hours ago, Jedy2 said:

Much as I complain about us being a "cesspool of negativity" the loot-box showering I receive, with the keys to open them being "store-only", has pissed me off regally. 

I used to buy two keys a month (Lifer), but their "shit+embers"content  was just adding to my stress level. Tried to sell them. On ignore list now. 

Yes, yes and yes. :(

Wait, there's more:

Tomorrow's patch notes:

Here are the Release Notes for Update 23.1.6, released on Wednesday, December 5th, 2018.
News and Notes:
Items

• The Visiting Banker now correctly gives access to the Shared Vault and Wardrobe.
  • Fixed a bug where picker boxes were incorrectly displaying an item level bonus for items, and then delivering with a newly-chosen, often different, item level bonus. Equipment displayed in a selection package will no longer show any form of item level bonus, however you still have a chance of receiving an item level bonus when those pieces of equipment are placed in your inventory.
  • Fixed a bug where level 40 - 45 scaling gear was being created with no stats. Newly obtained gear in this range will now have appropriate stats. This fix will not affect items already received.
  • The minimum level to use Traveller's Steel-Bound Lootboxes has been reduced to 20.
  • The stat spread and item level of lootbox gear below level 50 has been improved.

Quests and Adventure Areas

• The Bingo Boffin weekly quest now advances properly on the Legendary servers. On Anor and Ithil, the quest "Disapproving Boggs" will unlock on Wednesday 12/5/2018.

Known Issues:

• Some scaling gear is appearing with improper Vitality in the levels 39 and 40 level break.
  • Beornings will become a heavy armor class in a future update, but Beornings opening a Traveller's Steel-bound Lootbox may receive heavy Wayfarer or Traveller armour that they cannot currently equip.

There go those wonderful, original, refreshing LS! Lootboxes start at level 20! All original and unique armour pieces have been removed, below L50.

Some players are begging SSG to release imbued weapons at level 65.

So Beornings will once again have NO armor with the proper stats or LIs, and I guarantee you they'll leave might-based medium armor in the game.

How many years have Beornings been in alpha-testing now?

1 minute ago, psalm8818 said:

So Beornings will once again have NO armor with the proper stats or LIs, and I guarantee you they'll leave might-based medium armor in the game.

They left all the other useless stat armour in the game, so I wouldn't be surprised. Playing Legendary has made me realise just how separate the early levels are to the rest of the game. In some quests, they just put a chest as a reward that lets you pick a piece of medium might gear (now useless) for Beornings, but they didn't bother to update any of the other gear. Considering the removal of stat caps and the change in how stats worked for classes, the vast majority of gear is crap for SoA characters. Most end-game sets are shit, ALL crafting gear is pointless, and you're basically left just scrabbling together random bits of landscape/quest pieces that they put all the points into a single stat thinking it's not as useful as a balanced piece (and they weren't back then).

IIRC, wardens began with might based medium armor (which hardly even existed), then they did a stupid bandaid fix where wardens benefited equally from both might and agility, then all might based medium was converted to agility.  Or something like that.

THEN beornings came along, and they had to do ANOTHER bandaid fix in order for beornings to have gear at all (armor boxes), since they removed all the might based medium armor.

Now they're going to have to do YET ANOTHER bandaid fix.  And this one will probably take a while, since there is only ONE GUY working at SSG now....