Jump to content
LOTROCommunity
Sign in to follow this  
TheKickman

Cordovan Strikes with Banhammer

Recommended Posts

51 minutes ago, Jedy2 said:

His soul's marching on.

The crippled void where his soul should be, I suppose.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/21/2018 at 8:14 PM, TheKickman said:

 

I bet she has a list of people she got banned with a few post saved from them to do this exact shit.  It shows how pathetic their life is.  Oh well, I laugh.  She still will not have a conversation in game with me.  I did however warn my STO fleetmates about her and her antics and to be on the lookout. Ya know, since the Legendary server is such a huge success she will be playing STO during X-mas break

If you're talking about Maartena, that's a dude.  His main toon's name is Shanah.  The guy had  a line in his bio that states "Yes I'm a guy" or something like that.

I kind of feel left out that I haven't gotten a permaban yet.  I've certainly said some things on the forums that were insulting and confrontational.  I guess I need to up my game and use long strings of profanity.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Amenhir said:

The guy had  a line in his bio that states "Yes I'm a guy" or something like that.

747.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Amenhir said:

If you're talking about Maartena, that's a dude.  His main toon's name is Shanah.  The guy had  a line in his bio that states "Yes I'm a guy" or something like that.

I kind of feel left out that I haven't gotten a permaban yet.  I've certainly said some things on the forums that were insulting and confrontational.  I guess I need to up my game and use long strings of profanity.

Cordovan's got a redwood up his ass, so I'm sure if you do something as innocuous as making a monthly thread asking about the x64 client you'd prolly get banned because you'd be actually showing how incompetent the LotRO community team is.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/28/2018 at 11:06 AM, Thrabath said:

You know Sapience is gone for some time now? ;)

I know Sapience left. Was just making a point.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/28/2018 at 6:46 PM, Amenhir said:

If you're talking about Maartena, that's a dude.  His main toon's name is Shanah.  The guy had  a line in his bio that states "Yes I'm a guy" or something like that.

I kind of feel left out that I haven't gotten a permaban yet.  I've certainly said some things on the forums that were insulting and confrontational.  I guess I need to up my game and use long strings of profanity.

Ah thanks.

 

But true as mentioned below all you need to do is bait one of the people with Tolkien Derangement Syndrome (like the one you mentioned) with a 64 bit client post or a (and honestly this may work better) a thread about how poor the Legendary Server turned out and where is the "Huge Success" especially since "he" went to play STO.  That will draw out the banhammer for sure.  Cause how dare you insult his biggest ass kisser.

Although I will say I am loving this thread 

https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthread.php?669004-Legendary-Server-PvMP&p=7904276#post7904276

where Sapienze is calling "him" out for acting like they own the forums (ya know breaking rules they can get away with) and I bet Sapienze gets a point or banned when Cord comes back for calling this asshat out

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm not concerned. Tbh it might be a good thing. The LotRO forums are loaded with cry babies and ass kisser's. Players asking constantly for stupid stuff all the while the game remains shit at its core. Yesterday I found a bug where a person can get endless Longbeard tokens. I was like wtf!. I'm sure others know of it and some are likely the beta tester's. I won't bother with a bug ticket because that thing is not well designed. Also LotRO QA isn't my job. So fuck CKA and the bunghole.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Splay said:

I'm not concerned. Tbh it might be a good thing. The LotRO forums are loaded with cry babies and ass kisser's. Players asking constantly for stupid stuff all the while the game remains shit at its core. Yesterday I found a bug where a person can get endless Longbeard tokens. I was like wtf!. I'm sure others know of it and some are likely the beta tester's. I won't bother with a bug ticket because that thing is not well designed. Also LotRO QA isn't my job. So fuck CKA and the bunghole.

Yep, stupid shit, like asking for an extra slot because using the tortoise stone takes up the pocket..... like losing the 15 points of a stat hurts them with the overpowered trait trees.  These players would be content if the lotro devs just released the map with no mobs and quests to find shit or run pies.  They dont want to play a LOTRO game, they want to play in Middle Earth

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

so in fact they are the same as most of us here, most don't want to play lotro either ;)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Thrabath said:

so in fact they are the same as most of us here, most don't want to play lotro either ;)

Not technically correct.  I'm just waiting for an x64 client so I can amble through Minas Tirith without crashing every few minutes as I play through the zone and explore it.

Until that happens, though, you are very much correct.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

An interesting development: I recently submitted a ticket to see if I could get unbanned on the other forums. Turns out they actually did look into it and decided to take a chance. I'm now unbanned on the other forums.

Now, I'm not about to go swanning over and fuck about after they let me back in good faith. I always appreciate people putting some trust my way, but we'll have to see just what happens, considering the vast amount of my opinions on the game tend to run in opposition to the fanboys. I'm wondering just where the unspoken line is.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Doro said:

An interesting development: I recently submitted a ticket to see if I could get unbanned on the other forums. Turns out they actually did look into it and decided to take a chance. I'm now unbanned on the other forums.

Now, I'm not about to go swanning over and fuck about after they let me back in good faith. I always appreciate people putting some trust my way, but we'll have to see just what happens, considering the vast amount of my opinions on the game tend to run in opposition to the fanboys. I'm wondering just where the unspoken line is.

The unspoken line seems to change from poster to poster, same as it ever was.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/4/2019 at 6:12 AM, Doro said:

An interesting development: I recently submitted a ticket to see if I could get unbanned on the other forums. Turns out they actually did look into it and decided to take a chance. I'm now unbanned on the other forums.

Now, I'm not about to go swanning over and fuck about after they let me back in good faith. I always appreciate people putting some trust my way, but we'll have to see just what happens, considering the vast amount of my opinions on the game tend to run in opposition to the fanboys. I'm wondering just where the unspoken line is.

The unspoken line is when you demonstrate how certain individuals on the OF seem to go above and beyond the call of duty to defend  a game studio who don't even play the games they're trying to develop.  That's when they call it a "personal attack."

 

And also when you tell the megalomaniac community relations manager to go **** himself.  (totally worth it, by the way)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/4/2019 at 6:12 AM, Doro said:

An interesting development: I recently submitted a ticket to see if I could get unbanned on the other forums. Turns out they actually did look into it and decided to take a chance. I'm now unbanned on the other forums.

Now, I'm not about to go swanning over and fuck about after they let me back in good faith. I always appreciate people putting some trust my way, but we'll have to see just what happens, considering the vast amount of my opinions on the game tend to run in opposition to the fanboys. I'm wondering just where the unspoken line is.

Congrats.  Hope the fanbois dont create sock puppets to get you banned

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TheKickman said:

Congrats.  Hope the fanbois dont create sock puppets to get you banned

They'd have to bait me first. I've already got a list of some people I'm outright ignoring (who are STILL the same dickheads from years ago, how in the fuck is that possible?), and anything that resembles bait is just going to get blanked. Nothing more frustrating to a fanboy than being ignored.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/5/2019 at 10:29 AM, Doro said:

They'd have to bait me first. I've already got a list of some people I'm outright ignoring (who are STILL the same dickheads from years ago, how in the fuck is that possible?), and anything that resembles bait is just going to get blanked. Nothing more frustrating to a fanboy than being ignored.

I'm just waiting for the post that's stating:

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/13/2018 at 3:13 AM, Splay said:

Seeing the lead designer left could mean the Shelob raid is history.

Wait, who was it that left? Haven't kept up with their carousel for a long time. Sounds dire indeed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/4/2019 at 6:12 AM, Doro said:

An interesting development: I recently submitted a ticket to see if I could get unbanned on the other forums. Turns out they actually did look into it and decided to take a chance. I'm now unbanned on the other forums.

Now, I'm not about to go swanning over and fuck about after they let me back in good faith. I always appreciate people putting some trust my way, but we'll have to see just what happens, considering the vast amount of my opinions on the game tend to run in opposition to the fanboys. I'm wondering just where the unspoken line is.

How does one submit a ticket to get reinstated?  I have no desire to play games on the OF but would love to use my "real" account as opposed to my F2P account I created years ago

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Altreg01 said:

How does one submit a ticket to get reinstated?  I have no desire to play games on the OF but would love to use my "real" account as opposed to my F2P account I created years ago

Try this link. Response times supposedly vary, but I got my response the very same day.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Doro said:

Try this link. Response times supposedly vary, but I got my response the very same day.

Thanks, I eventually found my way there as I was combing through support pages

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I gotta say, the other forums are already getting boring. I've been approaching posting there in a very particular way but it actually doesn't seem to be worth it. There's a few regular fanboys and ego-wankers still about, but it's pretty dead otherwise (and with a lack of any "community", there's nothing but pass-agg trolls shitposting). Not one of them posts anything you wouldn't expect, either, which makes it tedious. I don't know how they've gone 10+ fucking years posting the same boring shit all that time without reaching for a noose, unless they just don't have any self-awareness (well, a few obviously don't). It's like they're actually NPCs or some shit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well I got my account back with a very nice little note from Cord.  Wont be stirring any shit (very difficult with the fanbois) but it's nice to post again. Got it back just in time to see the no PVMP thread :(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Doro said:

I gotta say, the other forums are already getting boring. I've been approaching posting there in a very particular way but it actually doesn't seem to be worth it. There's a few regular fanboys and ego-wankers still about, but it's pretty dead otherwise (and with a lack of any "community", there's nothing but pass-agg trolls shitposting). Not one of them posts anything you wouldn't expect, either, which makes it tedious. I don't know how they've gone 10+ fucking years posting the same boring shit all that time without reaching for a noose, unless they just don't have any self-awareness (well, a few obviously don't). It's like they're actually NPCs or some shit.

The community? Well, we got that here ;)

2 hours ago, Altreg01 said:

Well I got my account back with a very nice little note from Cord.  Wont be stirring any shit (very difficult with the fanbois) but it's nice to post again. Got it back just in time to see the no PVMP thread :(

One of my accounts got banned by Sapience years ago and at some point in time, quite recently, it was unbanned, but without any notification.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wonder if things are so dead they're unbanning people just to give the mods and excuse to have their jobs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×