LOTROCommunity
Sign in to follow this  
TheKickman

Cordovan Strikes with Banhammer

I was permabanned by Sapience a long time ago and asked after he left if I could be reinstated, but I got no reply. There's no rhyme or reason to their decisions. The CMs just act on gut feelings. 

Seems like I have a new home.

My Ban:

Dear Macdui,
You have received an infraction at The Lord of the Rings Online Forums.
Reason: Frequent and ongoing trolling and insults.
-------
Frequent and ongoing trolling and insults.
-------
This infraction is worth 20 point(s) and may result in restricted access until it expires.  Serious infractions will never expire.
Original Post:
https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthread.php?p=7907577#post7907577
---Quote---
Only thing that keeps me playing is the constant stream of opportunities to mock SSG. I liken it to stand-up comedian's across the world rubbing their hands in glee after an election in 2017, endless material. Until the world dies...
Mac
---End Quote---

I would argue that the insults were entirely deserved, possibly quite rude not to react to such continued and escalating provocation. 

As to the Trolling: Our CM hasn't the capacity to understand 90% of what the critics are saying. When he gets answers from devs it just exposes their ignorance. Ofc he thinks we are trolling with all the sycophant denier morons he surrounds himself with.

Mac

Welcome Macdui, and honestly a big fucking loss to what was left of the official-forum community dregs there. Bans of zipfile, siiperi, Hejaza_Arkenstone, Kickman, (a few more I'm forgetting) and now you, pretty much seals the coffin on posters actually knowledgeable about their classes still invested enough to speak out and clarify issues etc. Weird consistency in these recent bans going after a very specific player demographic. Even a year ago the forum ratio of opinion diversity wasn't half bad; all it took was a few months of Cord's fatass nerd banhammering rampage to turn the place into 2.0 of Sapience playground. Must be the saffron lipstick on the ass kisses...sure is addicting. 

Btw, your old forum thread on Anniversary year-quests with tips for lowbie alts was hugely helpful, back in the day when I still cared to play it - cheers for gathering and sharing all those tips. Keeping up the irony in banning players who actually contribute constructively to game community, while sheltering narcissistic cluster-B personality disorder case studies who post such turdlets as "why I hate grouping" and other gems that sure create a vibrant and welcoming atmosphere.

• Like 1

Seems like a rough go if first offense. But if typical of posts, then reasonable.

Thanks for the mention along side of these illustrious players. Zip too? I hadn't realised. He has more game knowledge in his butt cheek than Cord will ever stumble across.

I was pushing a little further than usual to get the ban admittedly, just a reaction to yet another obviously foreseeable cockup. But being up against the law maker, judge and prosecution who sits alone in the appeals court it was only a matter of time. The precursor was my suggestion that SSG should suck his... in reference to a wholly ill-informed prominent twitch streamer who gave the game a big boost and asked for a T shirt for his trouble while referencing cock sucking on the sound track, getting a thumbs up from Cordovan had me thinking it was fine for use as a reference myself, apparently not. 

As much help as I was on the forums it was mostly about helping people around the Turbine/SSG fuckups. Even the best that are left still give SSG too much benefit of the doubt. He really has all the cards, he can't make more than a pair from the 52 but we have none.

But Queen ShelobDruidsfire reigns supreme over her stasi underlings on twitch to keep Jerry save from harm when we go there to hold them to account. 

Mac

• Upvote 1

I never once watched Cordovan's live stream. Nor will I. Here is why. Anyone who takes part in Cordovan's PR shenanigans sets themselves up for an acquittal to the acquiescence of failure. The guy has no clue what he is doing. He has no understanding of Lord of the Rings Online. Many of us who have played this game for years in all its varied aspects can grasp its totality but even in this it is not complete for any player. It annoys me to hear others talk and chat about our CM playing a class, I main with. He butchers its potential on every turn. To think this is SSG's promotion and to have others cajole and whiteknight, guardian style is abhorrent. Then to have our CM give a thumbs up to a player who makes questionable comments in the vids they make is rather sad. So why do these others players surround him with a shield? They know, what we know, but want to be noticed so bad they ignore all the inadequacies because reasons.

Don't watch it and it becomes irrelevant. To you, to me, to the world. Don't comment during it and it becomes irrelevant. Don't ask questions and he becomes irrelevant. His moment during the stream become a worthless moment. Someone who has played LotRO for all these years should be doing a live stream not someone who would rather be playing DDO.

With all this said, I have nothing against Jerry as a person, a man, but he isn't the right person to represent LotRO to the world.

• Upvote 1

They banned zip too? Morons...

Btw now that I finally gave up on LOTRO I understand the urge of former givers up to still take a peek at how worse the things are going :)

As much as it annoys me, I have to agree with Splay, Cord needs to stick to DDO ( a game he knows ) and SSG should find someone to do the CM for Lotro that has actually been playing it for a long time.

Lotro forums has become a SJW infested place. 

TBH, the DDO players, while a few are assholes, has handled this downtime with more grace than the Lotro players. 

I've been playing ESO and RIFT more often because of this downtime ( run for freedom, hamsters).