LOTROCommunity
Sign in to follow this  
TheKickman

Cordovan Strikes with Banhammer

3 hours ago, Splay said:

So you see this guy is a total fuckin head case.

There's a lot of those over there, and I've found the only sane solution to dealing with them is to put them on ignore. Otherwise, you're just going out into the garden on the daily to pay special attention to a particularly retarded slug, and I've got a strong feeling this slug likes being brought up like they matter.

• Upvote 1

I remember i did a few 3-man\6-man instances with this guy on Ithil.. thought he was good, but a little strange.. 
Now after reading all this and seeing the forum thread about himself.. total nutjob and possible with a disease.. maybe asperger?

How this is a official streamer for lotro is beyond me.. 

3 hours ago, MrMidget said:

I remember i did a few 3-man\6-man instances with this guy on Ithil.. thought he was good, but a little strange.. 
Now after reading all this and seeing the forum thread about himself.. total nutjob and possible with a disease.. maybe asperger?

How this is a official streamer for lotro is beyond me.. 

Just for disambiguation...  Autism is a neurological condition marked by sensory disregulation (of which its mildest form was known as Asperger's Syndrome until 2013, when it was reclassified as part of autistic spectrum to account for multimodalities and variation in its expression, per DSM-V). It's not a disease. Lots of pejorative ignorant stereotypes still circulate,  unfortunately, so wanted to clarify. The oft-stereotyped "social handicaps" originate not from any mental deficiencies but from increased sensory sensitivities (leading easily to sensory overload) wherein cognitive processes that for most people are automatic require conscious effort to operate. If anything, it is a systems-based logical thinking capable of hyperfocus, excelling in pattern recognition,  and requiring predictable structures to comfortably function. (The give-and-take of social banter is of course anything but predictable or patterned). This is as contrary to a manipulative mindset as it gets. Often leading to too much honesty for one's own good. This inability to grasp others' intentions or read between the lines can make autistic folks (even adults) prime targets for naricssists, abusers, etc. 

That being said...

The Vanya creep is obviously a mentally ill sociopath, but please don't lump autism into this psycho shit. Just a toxic and fucked up personality. Interestingly, there's a trend among borderlines/narcissists/antisocial-personality-disorder-types to self-diagnose themselves as "autistic" then come online playing victim, because autism is received with more sympathy in today's culture than the toxic pathological BPD/NPD mental disease shit. Can see through these from 1000 miles away. Has nothing to do with any real actual autism, and all it does is contribute to negative stereotypes as they bring their toxic borderline/narcopath bullshit along. Social posturing and attention-seeking is as opposite of autism as it gets. (You can tell these fakes apart by their persistent self-labeling themselves as "Aspies", obviously ignorant of the fact that this term was clinically retired years ago and has since been replaced by level 1 ASD. Anyone claiming an outdated colloquial term for attention is a red fucking flag.)

• Upvote 3

Many of us are on the spectrum somewhere along the line. 

This guy is a predator no matter the reason. 

This guy is exactly why Lotro is the way it is now.  When they cater to the mentally disturbed, what do they expect.  I also remember him stalking the 14 year old, and Turbine / SSG doing nothing about it.  Sad

Whoever this weirdo is, there might actually be something to the idea that the mods over there are at his beck and call. There was a thread up about the recent exploiters on Anor accessing Mirkwood and Isengard content before they've even been released, but no names mentioned, not really much drama at all. It's up for a few hours, then suddenly the nutty pervert appears to start talking shit about how the thread is going to get shut down for something that hadn't even happened, and a few minutes later Cordovan locks it with threats of bans for anyone who wants to talk about it again. Not sure why it's always the freaks over there that have so much sway over moderation decisions.

50 minutes ago, Doro said:

Whoever this weirdo is, there might actually be something to the idea that the mods over there are at his beck and call. There was a thread up about the recent exploiters on Anor accessing Mirkwood and Isengard content before they've even been released, but no names mentioned, not really much drama at all. It's up for a few hours, then suddenly the nutty pervert appears to start talking shit about how the thread is going to get shut down for something that hadn't even happened, and a few minutes later Cordovan locks it with threats of bans for anyone who wants to talk about it again. Not sure why it's always the freaks over there that have so much sway over moderation decisions.

I read that thread today before leaving for work. I was like, whatever, always someone find the inadequacies of Turbine/SSG shoddy work and exploits it. It's become common place for particular types to desire these exploitables.

What did I see? Some 18 hours later (Even waiting a full day could have been something to say about keeping a word) was to have the creeper delete his "I'm no longer posting" comment and resume his "same old, same old". But, honestly, I knew it was a lie even if he didn't. Removed his sig too. I find predictability extremely boring and with this said, I had my fill of the creeper. Its time for me to evict him from even a remote possibility of renting one brain cell in my mind.

I don't know about others but for me it works like this.

Vanya you're a fucking creeper and should be sent to the void. Here is your walking papers. "You are nameless, faceless, formless. Go back to the void from whence you came!" :w

Poof! Magic happens.

Looks like the Creeper, whom I shall not name, wasn't happy reading his psycho bio here. No doubt he linked many a thread from here where Cordoban is deservedly shat upon hoping the creeper will again come into SSG's good graces.

No worries you Faggoty Bitch!

I hit the mark and you know it. Suck it up and swallow your earned karmic payback, like a good cocksucker.

I see he dropped his signature and all the links to his drivel output. Deluded Self-promotion was his thing wasn't it?    

No I couldn't be arsed to actually go find it right now.  

I found this thread from 2 years ago. I was looking for a list of current official streamers doing a general search. I didn't find any list and stopped to read this instead. I'm not sure how this thread wasn't known to me. Also not sure if I would have posted in it one way or the other.

https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthread.php?654990-Cordovan-Replacement

While reading the thread, I couldn't help but to notice and recognize users who posted. Going down the list thinking, That one is permabanned. This next one is permabanned. The following one left in disgust. Oh, another permabanned. Then the rest compiles as the whitenight, fanboy/girl list. I wonder how many of the suck up players in this linked thread still feel the same way today?

Then the thread's closure for reasons with the rational quoted below. https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthread.php?654990-Cordovan-Replacement&p=7735720#post7735720

" I've had enough folks ask me to close the thread that I'm going to do it. I'm fine with criticism of me, although some of the comments about previous folks in this position are not appropriate. It's been a busy year for sure! I had less time to play than expected, among other things. Real life and all that. That said, I will put more game time on my to-do list for later this summer. "

Cordovan could have just made the thread disappear. Instead gave a "My friends ask me, so I'm doing it speech". Cause you know, it works along with his CM persona projection. So shallow and evasive to the truer nature of an asshat in charge. It didn't turn into an outright flame war or bashing session, so any reason would suffice.

Now two years later all that needs to happen is for one of Cordoban's friends to IM him and infractions fly out his ass quicker than a battleship missile volley. I doubt he reads the actual post baiting leading up to the moderated post.

Anyway, I found it an interesting bisect from his beginning as CM until today as CM.

IMO if the CM can't stand criticism, they're in the wrong field, as normally when people are providing criticism, that's showing where an issue lies (whether or not it's directly or indirectly related).  Yes, there's always going to be the handful of people that will want to complain about everything (and you can never make them happy), but sometimes the issues being raised need to be addressed.  In the scope of streaming, Cord completely sucks at it as he's just not fun to watch, so I find the feedback quiet amusing as it's stating the same truth that can be seen today.

And people wonder why LotRO really hasn't shined as we all thought it could have.

It's all a front though. It's SSG he is there to protect. 

But once people make their decision to back Cordovan they are invested and their own egos prevent them from being persuaded otherwise. The greater the support the more you're invested and the bigger hit to the ego if you let yourself see the light. Subconsciously you'll just not want to do the research and be thorough. I'd suggest that for those who rely on faith for their beliefs would be more susceptible. 

Most of us here have seen a good bit more of Cordovan though and his rules don't allow us to show that side of him to this audience and they'd dismiss what we said.

I fell out with a friend over the Lance Armstrong scandal, friend could not entertain he was a cheat and would not look at the growing evidence. No one likes to be duped and even less to be seen to be duped. Egos.

It is similar if you take a more critical view, we all have egos. But in being more critical we end up having more data to base our opinions on.

The bar for CM was quite low for him, hardly surprising that anything better gained supporters. But in the two years he hasn't learnt much following his choice of co-host around. Just that choice of game dev junky stalker ruins all credibility. At least you'd think, but still he is defended. Is it a bunch of old women with no avenue for their nurturing tendencies, or desperate for some patronage? 

They manipulate him to keep their small "world" safe. It's easily done.

I suggested he had a "tell" when relying the more dubious pieces to the audience, looking squarely at the camera. He'd always done it like that. He immediately changed his delivery to a "forced" offhand relaxation and looking off to the upper right. Been around 3 months now. How long before the devoted pass this nugget on and we have another tweak to the delivery? It's a good job he knows so little and can't be sure anything he's asked to relay is a lie or he could end up like a golfer with the yips.

Mac

19 hours ago, Splay said:

\.

Now two years later all that needs to happen is for one of Cordoban's friends to IM him and infractions fly out his ass quicker than a battleship missile volley. I doubt he reads the actual post baiting leading up to the moderated post.

Anyway, I found it an interesting bisect from his beginning as CM until today as CM.

and thats what pissed me off.  Someone made a sock puppet and baited the hell out of me, so I actually ignored them and did not interact with the sock puppet at all, because ya know, I have brain cells and could see 5 miles away what was happening.  Yet, I got banned for fighting with the sock puppet (whilst it continued to post for a day or 2 after my ban).  When I appealed explaining this, the reasons were changed to I was hostile.  Yeah, I admit I was heavy handed with my verbage, but I am honest about things.  Sucks.  But than again, I invest in better games now.

Many of the player who remain are horrid at playing a MMO. It really defies belief. I'll provide an example here and still remain on track per the thread at its conclusion.

This player wants a change to make it easier for her to play.

https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthread.php?673382-Full-health-on-revive-Please

https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthread.php?673382-Full-health-on-revive-Please&p=7939363#post7939363

"Full health on revive? Please?

Could you please make it so when we revive at a location we would revive with full health? Or cause us to have no aggro for about 15 seconds so we could heal up/get away? It defeats the purpose if we are defeated as soon as we revive back in (and waiting til the mob goes away isn't an option if you die right next to it and it's guarding something like a quest objective) because our health is low."

In this thread, I commented on a few mentions and offered some advice. The response I got was this.

https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthread.php?673382-Full-health-on-revive-Please&p=7941343#post7941343

"Jeez, you guys are condescending. I'm really glad I don't live around you all."

"Sapience: Wow, you are so...full of your self. You must be a real joy to be around. rolleyes.png 1. Sometimes you can't "pick a good place to die." Sometimes the area is quite thick with mobs and running away doesn't always help you. 2. In the other games I mentioned, you CAN'T loot the quest objective while in this non aggro state. You also can't loot the quest objective while being attacked, so yes, you have to defeat the guarding boss BEFORE you can proceed. It's not something I use all the time, but when the revive circle is quite a ways from where you are, you've had to fight your way into the area already, and you only need one more thing before your quest is achieved, it would be nice not to have to run all the way back, and fight all the way back into where you were, just to get ONE last thing."

"Congratulations to both of you that you are such professional players that you don't need this kind of thing. Since you don't, what skin is it off your nose if some of the rest of us do?"

I followed up with this. https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthread.php?673382-Full-health-on-revive-Please&p=7941361#post7941361

"I cleared up some notions which were not true. Like the combat logging. I explained briefly how a player can work this out. And also reminded you we play a MMO and others can and do help out others all the time.

I make suggestions several time a year. Some seem good at the time and some don't later upon reflection. I never once responded in return, like you have here, when someone offers me information and advice on how to remedy my problem.

Have a good day.
/not signed"

The woman who made this thread is some 75 years old. She mainly RP's and plays music. Her gear is always terrible. She never places any priority but to look well presented. She is nasty to interact with and is prone to tirades through private tells. What she was attempting was to make it to Radagast to do the EzyPzy dailys to acquire pets and emotes. Totally disregarding what it takes to complete the task of the journey. Along the way for what prompted her thread was she was killed by bees. BY BEES! Huzzah! Lmao! By bees Umm, wtf is going on when bees kill someone who is actively at the keyboard? She plays Minstrels which by the way have several Oh Shit skills.

I can be sure this crotchety old cunt will report me. Will the report and the resulting infraction be warranted? I'd have to say no, but it will happen anyway.

To be fair though, there have been several times where I've bitten off more than I can chew (get swarmed by like six or seven mobs and manage to kill about half of them and die), so I can totally understand wanting to jump back in without having to hike back to where I was, so I can understand the argument for improving the mechanic - as the MC revive should allow you to recover on the spot and if you happened to die in the middle of an enemy camp, you're gonna be hiking back regardless.

There's also been a couple of times when I've thought I'm safe, clicked the free revive and.... got run over by the warband that I wasn't tracking and died again.  Kinda comical stuff, really, but still frustrating.

Either way, it's not something I'd throw money at cause...  you really shouldn't be dying in the first place =/