LOTROCommunity
Sign in to follow this  
TheKickman

Cordovan Strikes with Banhammer

Howdy guys, I have been a lurker here for ages just never made an account until today.  Most of you know me from the original forums.  Looks like my days there are done as Cord has banned myself and a couple others (Hurin) is one, over this thread

https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthread.php?668041-New-quot-Legendary-quot-server-fails 

His reasoning for giving me a permaban was for fighting.  I created a alt account and sent a PM asking fighting with who because one of the white knights had created a sock puppet named MoveOnPal and spent days attacking me on a personal level.  Apparently, that is allowed, but putting that on ignore and not replying to it gets you a permaban.  I am seriously not kidding.  Go check the last few pages of that thread, I go out of my way to ignore the sock puppet account and yet, I get banned.

So as I said I sent a PM and the reply was

You were removed from the forums after months of harassment, insults, fighting, and driving numerous threads off-topic. I appreciate that you were being attacked by a sock account, but that does not give you permission to retaliate. Unfortunately, you have been one of the most disruptive forum posters for at least the past year, and it's time to take action about it.

So, even though I did not retaliate, I was still banned.  As of yesterday I had 1 infraction point.  So I went from 1 point to permaban in 1 day.  Looks like we are heading into Helms Deep forum territory where white knights derail threads, harrass, attack, create sock puppets ect and the people who yes I will admit sometimes I am rude to some of those posters, but I am honest with how I feel about the game, get away with murder and myself and other who speak truthfully are being removed.  What is hysterical is that the point I already had was a joke in itself for fighting with Maartena in that same thread. 

I have my suspicions on who the troll account is that got me, Hurin and a couple others banned but do not want to name names without proof which I will most likely never have.  They got their laugh.  They got the people they wanted banned and Cordovan fell for it hook line and sinker.

Anyways just thought I would give you all a laugh.

6 hours ago, TheKickman said:

Looks like my days there are done as Cord has banned myself and a couple others (Hurin) is one, over this thread

Congratulations! It's a true rite of passage to be banned by the cunts over there, especially a sudden permaban.

Edit: Jeez, I just had a look at a few posts. That Moveonpal faggot definitely has some sort of screw loose and you became his obsession of choice. Not very brave of them to shit-talk behind a sock account, either. He's online, on a video game forum, and he's still too much of a pussy to post on a main account.

So sad about this :(  

I know you care deeply about the game Kick, and I hope to read your thoughts about LOTRO here.

*Big Hug* 

@kickman, it's probably for the best to be honest.  the forum has become an apologist playground anyway (example: maartena)  I'm surprised it took them this long to ban Hurin as he has long been a vocal critic of their business model.

Hi Kickman!  I was stunned to see that you got banned. 

I think they've been gunning for Hurin for a while, and needed to use you in the ban sweep as a way to get him out of there too, not just the person who went after you.

5 hours ago, Doro said:

Congratulations! It's a true rite of passage to be banned by the cunts over there, especially a sudden permaban.

Edit: Jeez, I just had a look at a few posts. That Moveonpal faggot definitely has some sort of screw loose and you became his obsession of choice. Not very brave of them to shit-talk behind a sock account, either. He's online, on a video game forum, and he's still too much of a pussy to post on a main account.

Sorry to see Kickman and Hurin driven off by a lowlife sycophant like this - when right from the get go the sock puppet broke many of the forum rules and gets away with it

Cord must be working on his "Sap" merit badge or something

42 minutes ago, Woeg said:

Sorry to see Kickman and Hurin driven off by a lowlife sycophant like this - when right from the get go the sock puppet broke many of the forum rules and gets away with it

Cord must be working on his "Sap" merit badge or something

The sockpuppet got banned as well, but that's a throwaway account, so doesn't care.

My bad - I thought someone said the sockpuppet douchebag didn't get a ban - thanks for the correction !  (not that it matters like you say .... )

thanks guys I look forward to posting in my new home

Apparently others were also moderated in that thread from warnings to 6 points (6 points if they quoted me or hurin)

15 hours ago, Doro said:

Sap banned my main account in 2009 out of nowhere. I even have an old email I naively sent to Turbine complaining about an absurd infraction from him before I knew what a sociopath he was.

Now it seems Cord is heading in the same direction.

Earlier I received a warning for telling Maartena "It's interesting watching how many knots an SSG apologist can tie himself up in defending absolutely everything and anything."

Amazingly, I've (so far) managed to avoid any infractions for that sock puppet thread, but curiously enough today I've suddenly got 2 infractions for posts from Nov 23

Both, in what I am sure are just amazing coincidences, are responses to Palentian. Neither even remotely worthy of an infraction.

17 minutes ago, Bohemond said:

Sap banned my main account in 2009 out of nowhere. I even have an old email I naively sent to Turbine complaining about an absurd infraction from him before I knew what a sociopath he was.

Now it seems Cord is heading in the same direction.

Earlier I received a warning for telling Maartena "It's interesting watching how many knots an SSG apologist can tie himself up in defending absolutely everything and anything."

Amazingly, I've (so far) managed to avoid any infractions for that sock puppet thread, but curiously enough today I've suddenly got 2 infractions for posts from Nov 23

Both, in what I am sure are just amazing coincidences, are responses to Palentian. Neither even remotely worthy of an infraction.

Watch out, that person you mentioned is number 1 on my suspect list of who the sock puppet was because from what I have been told, they have done this before with other CMs (Viv and Sap).  So, if you are still posting on the OF I would avoid the apologist all together, especially now that others see the sock puppet worked and got me, Hurin banned and others in that thread infractions up to 6 points.

On another note, he did ban my second account I created to PM him for being a sock puppet.  Amazing for me it takes 1 day, for a supporter they can troll on it for weeks.  Still do not understand how a troll sock puppet was able to post in the general section of the forums though especially when you are limited to new user for lioke 30 days.  So was Cord in on it?  

4 minutes ago, TheKickman said:

Watch out, that person you mentioned is number 1 on my suspect list of who the sock puppet was

Yeah sure looks that way when I suddenly get 2 infractions for 3 week old posts.

7 minutes ago, TheKickman said:

So, if you are still posting on the OF I would avoid the apologist all together

Yeah that's one way of handling it... But I've been sorely tempted to post this instead:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ag43uW4AOFc

I called that fucktard for who they were the minute I read the post from Moveonpal.

Cordovan deserves the name Cordoban. The guy isn't all that bright. I understand he has a job but I personally couldn't be the frontman for a shitty company such as SSG. He refuses to answer hard questions. Anytime he has, he gave wrong answers or out right lied. I sent Cordoban mail about Moveonpal and in it insisted they be banned on all their forums account the day I posted, calling out the asshat. I explained to him how to know every account from the poster. I've used vBulletin as a user and a Mod. Cordoban knows but chooses to do nothing. I also requested the  offensive post be removed an instead of locking the thread but again I also knew the outcome anyway. It makes SSG look bad. That why the thread was locked and Cordoban was just waiting for a moment to do it.

I really try to take an objective stance when looking at LotRO. From where it started to where it is now and all the transition leading to today. The new year is approaching and I still say it will be a miracle if this game makes it past the beginning of 2019. The numbers are near rock bottom. Seeing the lead designer left could mean the Shelob raid is history. You know the one they postponed twice already. Not to go all full complaint mode here, because that shit would be a book as large as the Tolkien story itself. Everyone here knows it full well. I just don't see how a fucking Festivals Online game is going to keep this shitshow running.

Kickman I've read your postings for years. I know your history and watched the change in you. From an avid player and once PC member to the person who stood your ground on seeing how things changed. A person who actually gave a shit. We both knew the outcome and even still you persisted. I salute you.

Now about this apologist who uses sock puppet accounts. Karma is a motherfucker!

Any and all new forumuser accounts no longer endure CM approval or a 30 day wait stuck in the new player section. Its like 3 days or something short. Take notice of who stopped posting before this troll account appeared.

Cordovan has done more to divide and sabotage the player base than even Sapience.  And that's saying a lot.

I think he knows once the gravy train at SSG dries up, he's never going to find another job in the gaming industry again, per his self-made reputation of incompetence and draconian moderation as a community relations manager (Mr. "I thought the Mordor trailer was excellent!"...).  So as criticism of the hot mess the game is perpetually in heats up, he'll do what he has to do in order to paint a picture in which all customers are perfectly satisfied, leaning on his shilling bootlickers to pick fights with critics in order to fish for excuses to ban said critics...all to keep his gormless employers fooled into believing that he's doing a great job, and that the game is fine.

Without even having read the thread in question, I already know this was maartena's doing, for he/she has had his/her head firmly planted inside Cordovan's ass since Cordovan replaced Frelorn the Absent, and frankly it wouldn't surprise me one bit if it doesn't turn out that maartena = Cordovan.

17 minutes ago, psalm8818 said:

(Mr. "I thought the Mordor trailer was excellent!"...).  

...how anyone saw that trailer and decided it was the best product to promote the first expansion in years...#speechless.

Rather than bump this old post, I'll simply link it.

It's an instructive read, in that he was doing the EXACT SAME THING two and a half years ago, he was called out on it, and what do you know...nothing has changed...

other than Turbine no longer exists, Daybreak Games is under investigation for being a front for Russian oligarchy, LOTRO has lost its lead developer, and the game's primary source of revenue (loot boxes) is about to be made illegal.  I fear for Rohan....

Yeah, that thread was funny. He came here with a mask on, some people saw through it, 2 years later we're at this stage. I'd say it's nice to feel vindicated, but it came at the expense of others having to put up with the same shit.

I have not seen Fredelas around like I said I have been lurking here and posting on OF for years.

Update: Cord replied to my ban appeal email

Jerry Snook (Standing Stone Games Help)

Dec 12, 6:57 PM EST

Your behavior has been inappropriate on the forums for quite some time, and we have been forced to ban you in accordance with the Community Rules. While we appreciate your appeal, this ban is not based on a specific post, but a long-running pattern of inappropriate behavior.

Cordovan, Community Manager - Standing Stone Games, LLC

here is my reply (I know the spelling is awful but I was working on something else at the moment)

Ok, but that makes zero sense if I was being inappropirate and breaking the rules would I not have incrued points?  I was at 1 point when this ban was given and there are manby other posters that do a lot worse than I do.  This has come across as silencing and selective moderation from not only myself but other.  Anyway I thank you for replying and hope you have a Merry Christmas.  I guess I will have to have someone else set up this years Orlando Meet and Greet Community Event.  You know, the one I have been doing for 5 years+ now.  Oh well.

Kickman

So I doubt I will get a reply, I can ask someone else to do the forum postings if I do the event this year, but since last year had 2 people message me, I didn't even bother starting a thread.  Plus, Cord will not send swag like other CMs did.  He only gives free stuff to the people his kiss his behind on his streams.  Speaking of which I hope I am home tomorrow for it.  Will probably be banned from that to

1 hour ago, TheKickman said:

Will probably be banned from that to

Are you still able to log into the game?  I only ask because when I got banned from the forum by Cordovan he also flipped a switch on the game side. In the end, not a big loss.  If anything, it was actually good to make a clean (ish) break :)

9 minutes ago, Papi said:

Are you still able to log into the game?  I only ask because when I got banned from the forum by Cordovan he also flipped a switch on the game side. In the end, not a big loss.  If anything, it was actually good to make a clean (ish) break :)

I was playing yesterday  and im updating today so not sure.  I hope not as I still love to play on alts on lower levels and just explore ect.  Ya know, play where the game was fun and didn't feel like a job.  But if I am oh well, no big loss.  I got a new PC that can handle much better games (yet still Lotro an 11 year old game lags and ctd's like mad) But I am obnoxious, so it doesn't get fixed lol