LOTROCommunity
Sign in to follow this  
Wayshuba

Is it me or has anyone noticed....

That the LOTRO forums have suddenly become very clean, with little complaints, since the last RoI TP pricing thread. It appears everyone seems now satisfied with the RoI expansion...

Maybe it is just me.

That the LOTRO forums have suddenly become very clean, with little complaints, since the last RoI TP pricing thread. It appears everyone seems now satified with the RoI expansion...

Maybe it is just me.

The subject is settled. All threads discussing it have been locked or deleted and any new threads that broach the subject are also locked or deleted with the potential for action to be taken against any poster who brings it up again.

Done deal. The Sap probably thinks he's dodged a bullet (once again). What a way to run a railroad.

The subject is settled. All threads discussing it have been locked or deleted and any new threads that broach the subject are also locked or deleted with the potential for action to be taken against any poster who brings it up again.

Done deal. The Sap probably thinks he's dodged a bullet (once again). What a way to run a railroad.

I'm thinking of more than the TP issue... there are no threads whatsoever complaining anymore. Not about lack of content, disappointment with structure, anything at all.

Suddenly it appears all Turbine customers have become happy hamsters on the Turbine treadmill. *O*

Go look at the Rise of Isengard forum, people are still complaining. Maybe Sapience just hasn't got there to stop the party yet. But it's there - just not in official discussion anymore.

I'd think it's due to some of the more vocal opponents of the expansion being shipped off to Coventry ;)

You think if people were educated about that behavior, they might revolt or something. The term 'Turbine forum' has now become an oxymoron. There is nothing forum like at all about controlled discussion to prevent the negative. In effect, Sap has enacted laesa maiestas.

This one is still up:

http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.php?419819-Open-Letter-to-Devs-Unintended-Consequences-or-How-Turbine-is-Like-an-Airline

Once the official thread was killed, I posted to a couple of critical threads in the ROI subforum and that's about it. At this point I'm not particularly excited about the expansion and it's solely because of the way Sapience and Turbine PR have behaved. I have about 7k points sitting around and I'll just wait for a cheaper bundle to come out. I figure the quest pack, raid and update 5 are worth about 4k points to me in a bundle. I can wait until it reaches that price point.

The lemmings seem content with the scraps Turbine is feeding them. This universe deserves much better.

I'd think it's due to some of the more vocal opponents of the expansion being shipped off to Coventry ;)

For those that are not aware of it, try looking up: 'Tachy goes to coventry' or 'Hell banning'!

Both mean more or less the same and are aimed mainly at getting rid of 'trolls'.

Seems TB are using the device to hide complainer(s) without banning them.

I could be wrong though. ;)

For those that are not aware of it, try looking up: 'Tachy goes to coventry' or 'Hell banning'!

Both mean more or less the same and are aimed mainly at getting rid of 'trolls'.

Seems TB are using the device to hide complainer(s) without banning them.

I could be wrong though. ;)

You aren't wrong, I have looked for those posts, they show up under a search, but the post is gone. Thread count remains the same, but the number missing is what has been purged. Strange that a wonky forum board would only target that one person. Is it a case of Murphy's Law working in Turbines favor?

Never fear though, Arbalister is still posting!

(Actually, I like Arbalister, but he is a bit of a fanboy)

As Fletcher Reed puts it, he's got his head so far up Sapience's butt, I can't tell where Sap stops and Arb begins.

fanboi.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Are we even sure they are in fact different people?

You aren't wrong, I have looked for those posts, they show up under a search, but the post is gone. Thread count remains the same, but the number missing is what has been purged. Strange that a wonky forum board would only target that one person. Is it a case of Murphy's Law working in Turbines favor?

Do we know if Zwei / Hajile has anyone to keep him company in Coventry?

I haven't found any of my other account posts in Turbine forums anymore on my more official account. So yea, I'm standing on the border of Coventry and Coombe .lol.gif

In all likelihood I'll be joining that group at some point. I just can't help myself. When I think I'm being treated like crap, of course I'm going to speak out. It's unfortunate that the OFFICIAL forums for LOTRO are apparently an unacceptable place to make statements about consumer treatment, direction of the game, or anything else that may make our corporate overlords uncomfortable, including their statements about being unable to get refunds that isn't worth the effort they took to print.

Well after listening to the podcast from pax east, I now understand where all the fanboi's are coming from, could it be the part from piaz about rewarding people TP's for "good" forum posts. maybe I'm seeing things that dont exsist but some of the people on those forums would argue a brick is not a brick if you showed them a brick.

In the words of Father Jack, "I love my Brick"

Well, I've posted some very positive, pro-Turbine posts on their forums before, in fact I'd say the majority of my posts there at least take Turbine's side in a debate. I'm no Fanboi by any means, but my point is this: If Turbine were handing out TP for positive forum posts and such, then I'd have received some along the way, and yet I haven't.

Either they never instituted that program (yet), or they are extremely stingy with who gets points.

Well, I've posted some very positive, pro-Turbine posts on their forums before, in fact I'd say the majority of my posts there at least take Turbine's side in a debate. I'm no Fanboi by any means, but my point is this: If Turbine were handing out TP for positive forum posts and such, then I'd have received some along the way, and yet I haven't.

Either they never instituted that program (yet), or they are extremely stingy with who gets points.

I really need to listen to that podcast, but not sure I can stomach it :(

I got the impression from someone else though (correct me if wrong) that it sounds like the points for 'PR posts' is something they were considering going forwards...

In all likelihood I'll be joining that group at some point. I just can't help myself. When I think I'm being treated like crap, of course I'm going to speak out. It's unfortunate that the OFFICIAL forums for LOTRO are apparently an unacceptable place to make statements about consumer treatment, direction of the game, or anything else that may make our corporate overlords uncomfortable, including their statements about being unable to get refunds that isn't worth the effort they took to print.

Guess how many they add depends how far they want to push it - I think they are being silly to be honest and going the worst possible way about things.

Have you actually seen any statements by Turbine saying that someone is unable to get a refund (on legitimate grounds)? Don't think I have yet, but if you do find one a link would be great! :)

I just wanted to post the links to the PAX East address (audio / video) for anyone who may want to listen / watch. Providing you have the intestinal fortitude for it.

You can download the MP3 from this link. This is the most complete coverage of the parts of the address concerning LotR:O. It's a bit hard to hear in places, but the message comes through pretty clearly.

And this link goes to the Casual Stroll to Mordor page that has both the audio and video links. The video is good but it's not as complete as the audio coverage.

And my thanks to the folks at CSTM for both the audio and video coverage.

Regarding bribing pro-Turbine players with Turbine Points. It was Mr. Piaz who suggested it as a legitimate use of Turbine Points (in the above linked address). Whether the practice has been put in place is anyone's guess. There is no smoking gun, and won't be - unless a fanatic wants to rat them out. I tend to agree with The MMO Troll in that it seems unlikely but it wouldn't surprise me either. However, it's the only way I can explain the rabid defense of all things Turbine by some of the posters on the Official Forums.

I can't keep them company... I got banned from the forums as a result of a post in that thread (which I have posted in another thread here). A few pages later, after my ban, Sapience mentioned how not one person had been banned because of the thread. Hard to tell him how full of s**t he is, and what a complete liar if you can't log onto the forums to counter his claim.

Ah well, SWTOR and GW2 are just around the corner... time to get some projects done around the house before the MMO world sucks me back in again. :')

As Fletcher Reed puts it, he's got his head so far up Sapience's butt, I can't tell where Sap stops and Arb begins.

fanboi.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Are we even sure they are in fact different people?

Thanks for the laugh. This is so, so true...

I can't keep them company... I got banned from the forums as a result of a post in that thread (which I have posted in another thread here). A few pages later, after my ban, Sapience mentioned how not one person had been banned because of the thread. Hard to tell him how full of s**t he is, and what a complete liar if you can't log onto the forums to counter his claim.

I would not be surprised if he made that post then started banning people so that his post was true at the time

I would not be surprised if he made that post then started banning people so that his post was true at the time

No, I had been banned prior to his posting. Of course, maybe my ban was the forums being wonky - as Turbine put it. Although at this point it really doesn't matter because Turbine has already lost me as a customer.

I should also add, I never had an infraction before, so I also wasn't a multiple infraction individual. I went from clean poster with fairly decent forum rep to community exile, just like that!

Considering I had over three years and was a lifer, was sitting on well over a hundred gold and more than 6,000 TP, had ten characters with 4 at level 65, and had dropped $250 on TP from launch of F2P to just before Update 2, should show how bad their treatment is when a customer like me just decides he has had it and walks away completely from the game.