LOTROCommunity
Sign in to follow this  
TheKickman

Update 23.1.7 Release Notes (Aka how to screw up classes more)

The xp rewarded at all levels is actually quite good (probably too good) - and you can get LI crystals with 120 festival pts

Doing just 1 quest a day (such as the keg delivery) gives a box with the rewards being not so bad either (imo) - sometimes a tome and or marks/medallions (consider it a free lootbox a day)

Granted - basically more grind but I guess I just look at it as another form of "dailies"

I do all ten on my main for the wrapper quests and the daily on my alts.  This is the only time I really play anymore.  I'm going to get my main to 120 that way, and pick up a fair amount of marks and meds too.  As Woeg says, the quest XP is really good and it's a mindless way to get it.

Then I'll pay up all my house maintenance and park everybody again.

6 hours ago, Doro said:

That's something I could use clarification on. I see loads of people running Winter stuff or doing the dailies, but I can't work out for the life of me what the point is. All the rewards I found were absolute shite. What is it I'm missing about it?

well for me, I like this years steed and cosmetic so I get the steed on all my alts just to have it.  As far as doing the 10 quest a day thing, I do that on 3 alts for easy Figments and since those are my steeds and pet collectors, it gets me tons of tokens so at other festivals all I need to do is trade tokens instead of grinding out tokens (for instance I hate Springfest (cept for shrew stomp) so I just barter tokens on my steed and pet collectors) 

But that is just me.  I have no idea why others are doing it except possibly for the figments of splendor and the t3 golden tokens for the frame on new alts

I do the Yulefest mostly for new outfits, I have so many other games going that I can only really run 2 toons thru Frostbluff, ESO has my attention more so now than lotro.

Beorning is a lot more fun to run right now, but I suppose that won't last, already there are whiny bitches on the lotro forums calling for a nerf, not that that should surprise anyone in any way.

1 hour ago, MMT said:

Beorning is a lot more fun to run right now, but I suppose that won't last, already there are whiny bitches on the lotro forums calling for a nerf, not that that should surprise anyone in any way.

I'm honestly amazed people are asking for a nerf when they could just play one themselves and enjoy the moment. In the old days, I could solo on-level 3 mans with my champ, providing I had the right gear, was properly prepared, and stayed focused. On this new bear, I've solo'd the Barrows instances, Library/School, HoN, and BG all without much trouble at all (BG was hardest, but that was because I was letting those big hits that you're supposed to stop happening hit me and then out-healing it), and with just a load of crappy vit/morale focused pieces. I can only imagine there's some epeen envy about it.

Even with the nerf bat that they took to Mordor, which is where one of my bears is now, I haven't had any trouble going through all of Udun with level 105 NI armor. You don't need the LoE gear at this point. Just enough Phys or Tac Mastery  and Vitality/morale to get you thru the region. That's probably why they gave people at 116 the passive LoE buff.

Epeen doesn't begin to describe it.