LOTROCommunity
Sign in to follow this  
MueR

Recent downtime

Hi guys,

The site was down the last few days because we ran into the data limit. Some stupid robot pulled about 28GB of traffic just this month, another added 6GB of data. Together they averaged well over 2GB of data per day. Normally, things like this would be picked up faster, but since the notification for it came exactly during a christmas dinner, it was missed. We're back online, the bots in question were banned.

Cheers

• Like 1

Still down when I type www.lotrocommunity.com.

This account has been suspended.
Either the domain has been overused, or the reseller ran out of resources.

In order to get here and see this thread, I had to do a Google search for lotrocommunity.com and click on a random forum post.

32 minutes ago, psalm8818 said:

Still down when I type www.lotrocommunity.com.

Seems to be working for me now.

19 hours ago, MueR said:

Some stupid robot pulled about 28GB of traffic just this month, another added 6GB of data. Together they averaged well over 2GB of data per day.

it seemed to me...  to start up here just after Aylwen unloaded.  i've noticed unusual behavior for many months now.  & things got very sketchy just before it went down.

i hope service providers are VERY gracious with their clients when resolving these issues, as it definitely could have a VERY negative impact on them as well.

but the "BOT" problem across cyberspace, just grows exponentially.  so much agenda driven fake traffic making noise to drown out actual signal.