LOTROCommunity
Sign in to follow this  
psalm8818

Burgs are not happy with lies and ignorance

19 hours ago, Tarantula said:

It's good the players speak up. It's not really going to lead anywhere, though.

It might lead them away from Lotro

• Like 1

They let Beornings stay broken for years until they finally started working on a beorning-centered update (based on the screenshots of land people got to that's currently off the map).

Not sure what they can make for a burg-centered update though.  Maybe the raid for Scouring of the Shire can make burgs needed to surround Sharkey and stab him in the ass to take him down.  That's when they'll work on the class.

On 1/10/2019 at 12:32 PM, TheKickman said:

It might lead them away from Lotro

Now that woulnd't be a bad thing.

On 1/10/2019 at 5:05 PM, warspeech said:

They let Beornings stay broken for years until they finally started working on a beorning-centered update (based on the screenshots of land people got to that's currently off the map).

Not sure what they can make for a burg-centered update though.  Maybe the raid for Scouring of the Shire can make burgs needed to surround Sharkey and stab him in the ass to take him down.  That's when they'll work on the class.

It's my understanding that a rework of the burglar was on BR, and received comments, and then in the actual update of the game, those changes did not materialize? Or only piecemeal?

In other "news": the newly released raid has been closed because of a bug....

And a newly added postman delivery quest was closed as well

SSG delete yourselves right now! Hand this game over to people who know what the hell to do. DO IT!

These guys are in over their head. It is easy to see they don't have what it takes to make this game work. From development, promotion, to QA. This company just needs to dissolve into the void.

9 hours ago, Tarantula said:

Now that woulnd't be a bad thing.

It's my understanding that a rework of the burglar was on BR, and received comments, and then in the actual update of the game, those changes did not materialize? Or only piecemeal?

In other "news": the newly released raid has been closed because of a bug....

And a newly added postman delivery quest was closed as well

My point is more that SSG only seems to work seriously on things that will bring money to the game, like the Premium class Beorning, rather than the free-to-play burglar.  Starting burg changes on BR and dropping them on live is typical of this. 

And the raid and new quest being closed for bugs already tells me that they put a lot more time and attention to trying to make the game look more modern to appeal to new players with things like zone reworks. graphic frills,  and quest text resizing.  They're trying like hell to bring new money to the game, instead of working to please those who have been here forever, know their classes forwards and backwards and are desperate for new things to do.

Today I got a new splash screen on login that just said something like  "check out the "new to LOTRO!" section in the store for new items!"  That's for newer players who have been conditioned to just buy their way thru content.  It's all about putting lipstick on a pig and trying to get money for it.

4 hours ago, warspeech said:

My point is more that SSG only seems to work seriously on things that will bring money to the game, like the Premium class Beorning, rather than the free-to-play burglar.  Starting burg changes on BR and dropping them on live is typical of this. 

And the raid and new quest being closed for bugs already tells me that they put a lot more time and attention to trying to make the game look more modern to appeal to new players with things like zone reworks. graphic frills,  and quest text resizing.  They're trying like hell to bring new money to the game, instead of working to please those who have been here forever, know their classes forwards and backwards and are desperate for new things to do.

Today I got a new splash screen on login that just said something like  "check out the "new to LOTRO!" section in the store for new items!"  That's for newer players who have been conditioned to just buy their way thru content.  It's all about putting lipstick on a pig and trying to get money for it.

and this trend will continue until the last 25 or so die hards will be crying in the shire the day the servers close wondering where things went wrong and what they could have done to prevent it.... completely missing all of the people who had been speaking out for years and they (and the CMs) silenced on the forums and in game.  The game is now the game it's players deserve.  They let it happen and kept coming back.  It is pure Tolkien Derangement Syndrome (aka LOTRO Stockholm Syndrome)

• Like 1

7 hours ago, warspeech said:

Of course, look at the legendary servers.

Funny thing: store is out of commission at the moment too!

2 hours ago, TheKickman said:

and this trend will continue until the last 25 or so die hards will be crying in the shire the day the servers close wondering where things went wrong and what they could have done to prevent it.... completely missing all of the people who had been speaking out for years and they (and the CMs) silenced on the forums and in game.  The game is now the game it's players deserve.  They let it happen and kept coming back.  It is pure Tolkien Derangement Syndrome (aka LOTRO Stockholm Syndrome)

Nice,  TDS!

Splay, the problem is with the Lotro Devs, not SSG as a whole. DDO devs don't go out of their way to totally fuck up the game the way the Lotro Devs do( class devs ), in fact they are seen more often on the forums, admit when they screw up and are quick to get fixes in for the next patch.

They also show players ahead of time what their plans are for classes and then adjust things  on Lammania, the test server, for 3-4 months, every weekend, before things go live.

This doesn't mean that every player is happy with changes that are implemented, that's impossible to do.