LOTROCommunity
Sign in to follow this  
Talisman

New Raid

It was live for barely a day before SSG had to close it due to exploits that they claim were never reported on Bullroarer.

There have apparently been a number of bans, including members of raiding kin that completed it in under 3 hours, even though the kin claims not to have used the exploit.

BTW, only T1 has been released. T2 and T3 are still in development/testing. 

https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthread.php?670558-Raid-Closure

Yeah, that's fucking bollocks. They didn't pay attention to bug reports, so when it got released people obviously took advantage of the bugs. I don't see why that's worthy of a ban. In fact, it's not worthy of any punishment at all. It makes no difference to anyone else if some bunch of randoms out there wants to avoid doing a raid the legit way. If SSG doesn't want people exploiting bugs, they should fix them when they're told about it.

And then you have FFXIV that released a raid about a week ago that has more issues with the players not knowing the content than issues with the instance content...

It's kinda amazing how well proper testing and a dedication to creating a quality product can get several million people to go:

halolz-dot-com-futurama-thelegendofzelda

They managed to fuck up old raids, too. Helegrod is currently granting L105 loot from the challenge chest, regardless of your own level or even needing to complete the challenge.

• Like 1

And the joke is... they do not care one last ounce.  They charged people (who arent paying a sub) 2000 points for the questpack (because it included this raid) so they got the money from people who subbed and people who paid for the LP to buy it outright (content unsees albeit) and than released total junk not worth the money.  Than they close it and expect paying customers to be happy.  This is stuff predatory companies do, and I now consider SSG like that.  So no more cash from me (hell I even got this QP this way) Ill just grind points (and I bet they are gonna cut that cord soon as more people are begining to do it (especially to get keys)) so wait and watch as tp (or lp) is removed from deeds and only given on meta deeds or some crap.... 

15 hours ago, TheKickman said:

And the joke is... they do not care one last ounce.  They charged people (who arent paying a sub) 2000 points for the questpack (because it included this raid) so they got the money from people who subbed and people who paid for the LP to buy it outright (content unsees albeit) and than released total junk not worth the money.  Than they close it and expect paying customers to be happy.  This is stuff predatory companies do, and I now consider SSG like that.  So no more cash from me (hell I even got this QP this way) Ill just grind points (and I bet they are gonna cut that cord soon as more people are begining to do it (especially to get keys)) so wait and watch as tp (or lp) is removed from deeds and only given on meta deeds or some crap.... 

Hey kickman, nice seeing you here.

But on subject: the advanced slayer deeds in Dunland and Rohan now grant 5 LP instead of 10 LP as previous zones. Not sure if it's always been that way, or if this carries forward into all content released since then. Quite daft to phase out LP farming in such little undocumented changes.

I think Dunland and Rohan have been that way for a long time now - maybe even from the start of the introduction of those zones (but suffering from CRS my memory on this one is vague)

1 hour ago, Wrath of Winter said:

Hey kickman, nice seeing you here.

But on subject: the advanced slayer deeds in Dunland and Rohan now grant 5 LP instead of 10 LP as previous zones. Not sure if it's always been that way, or if this carries forward into all content released since then. Quite daft to phase out LP farming in such little undocumented changes.

50 minutes ago, Woeg said:

I think Dunland and Rohan have been that way for a long time now - maybe even from the start of the introduction of those zones (but suffering from CRS my memory on this one is vague)

Yes they have since launch of those areas.  But as I farm LP (when I want something from the store because I am no longer willing to pay SSG out of my pocket there are much better titles that deserve my money) I see more and more people doing it.  Recently (maybe a week or two ago) I was actually running a kin mate through a LP run (she was farming for a steed) and there had to be 5-6 other peeps farming.  Now, that does not sound like much, but considering a year ago if we saw another player it was a omg moment.  When I farmed for the newest QP it was insane (maybe around 20 or so peeps per run) so new content upped the amount of people farming.

So much like they altered the rep items in the skirm camp because it was being abused (and from what I understood) by only a few people, I can see them removing LP completely from deeds (especially in the starter zones) to stop the (as of right now) few of us who farm the LP.

59 minutes ago, TheKickman said:

So much like they altered the rep items in the skirm camp because it was being abused (and from what I understood) by only a few people.

I was one of those people. I'd just make a trash alt, rush to the nearest camp, then trade for enough rep items to get to kindred in all I could, before deleting the character and starting with another one. When I ran out of marks for them, I'd then start buying them straight off the AH. Lots of easy points, but it cost a lot.

1 hour ago, Doro said:

I was one of those people. I'd just make a trash alt, rush to the nearest camp, then trade for enough rep items to get to kindred in all I could, before deleting the character and starting with another one. When I ran out of marks for them, I'd then start buying them straight off the AH. Lots of easy points, but it cost a lot.

I'm guessing this was a bug that was reported years ago that they never bothered fixing until they realized it was cutting into their bottom line?

2 hours ago, Almagnus1 said:

I'm guessing this was a bug that was reported years ago that they never bothered fixing until they realized it was cutting into their bottom line?

they added the rep items to the skirmish camp for barely any mark cost (I believe when we were level 85) and getting marks was so easy at that point with the erebor raids which were 5 minute runs that we were swimming in marks and medallions.  So you could hit the skirm camp and get max rep with all the starter zones and moria netting 500 points.  I did it once in a blue moon for an easy hit of marks, and yes a few people abused the system netting a few thousand points but instead of punishing those players they changed the item levels of rep items, so now for instance, you do quest in the shire and get a mathom, you have to wait until level 20 to turn it in.  It was not a big change, but it showed how fast they changed it when they noticed people gaining quickly because of their own oversight.  I mean come on, common sense would tell you people would do that.  But they do not think past what they are looking at.  Turbine and SSG have always been a short term goal company.,  I have never seen anything from them that could possibly be long term planning.  They use PR spin to make it seem they have stuff planned but they are just doing shit at the seat of their pants.  Case in point,  Minis Morgul was promised to come after Mordor.  But oh well, we will do that later cause we got "plans" for it.  Bullcrap.  They saw a short term goal of taking people north, changing lootbox keys ect.  Now when people are leveled up and using gear without Light on it, than they will release Minas Morgul and oh wait... you will need light again, but do not worry, here is a lootbox.  It is is the only long term plan they have and it is to push lootbox sales.

What is sad is, I recently have been playing Shadows of War, and in the game you see Minis Ithil fall into Minas Morgul and you can be in Minas Morgul for a bit and I was like wow, if only Lotro could design a place like this it would be amazing.  But we will probably get just a bunch of landmasses around with spiders and orcs and a big castle you cant enter, and a Shelob raid which is like the Turtle in Moria reskinned..... if the game makes it that far.  I hoped to one day see the scouring of the shire, but the roleplayers have already had fits about that so we probably will never see it unless its a session play

Oh well, just venting.  I know things will never change.  

I thought Turbine was bad.

I purchased U23, completed all the quest chains up to a point where the rep repeatables bored me after the 1st week. I won't purchase the next one.

On 1/16/2019 at 4:31 PM, TheKickman said:

What is sad is, I recently have been playing Shadows of War, and in the game you see Minis Ithil fall into Minas Morgul and you can be in Minas Morgul for a bit and I was like wow, if only Lotro could design a place like this it would be amazing.  But we will probably get just a bunch of landmasses around with spiders and orcs and a big castle you cant enter, and a Shelob raid which is like the Turtle in Moria reskinned..... if the game makes it that far.  I hoped to one day see the scouring of the shire, but the roleplayers have already had fits about that so we probably will never see it unless its a session play

Oh well, just venting.  I know things will never change.  

Ha ha the Turtle reskinned and scaled placed in The Howling Pit instance all dressed in a different color scheme. You could be right on this about Shelob. Imagine the progressive grind to match U23 insanity to get gear. Sucks to be the dumbasses who pay for content like that.

12 hours ago, Splay said:

I thought Turbine was bad.

I purchased U23, completed all the quest chains up to a point where the rep repeatables bored me after the 1st week. I won't purchase the next one.

Ha ha the Turtle reskinned and scaled placed in The Howling Pit instance all dressed in a different color scheme. You could be right on this about Shelob. Imagine the progressive grind to match U23 insanity to get gear. Sucks to be the dumbasses who pay for content like that.

yeah I loved when they raised the cost of rep accels in the skirm camp it was because "they wanted to adjust the prices based on the scale of how many marks we were getting."  Than next update boom, mark gains lowered... than next update BOOM area with 6 tiers of rep instead of 4.  And of course when the raised the skirm camp prices a few of us called it, and were silenced by the white knights.... you know, those same ones who asked for them to be lowered on the LS because the prices are ridiculous 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, TheKickman said:

yeah I loved when they raised the cost of rep accels in the skirm camp it was because "they wanted to adjust the prices based on the scale of how many marks we were getting."  Than next update boom, mark gains lowered... than next update BOOM area with 6 tiers of rep instead of 4.  And of course when the raised the skirm camp prices a few of us called it, and were silenced by the white knights.... you know, those same ones who asked for them to be lowered on the LS because the prices are ridiculous 

Preach, brother.  I'm glad  you're here with us Kickman!