LOTROCommunity
Sign in to follow this  
Altreg01

No plans for PVMP on LS

8 hours ago, Splay said:

This evening, I entertained my last interaction with Marteena aka CKA. From this point forward I have no intention to engage this ignorant self centered child. I said my piece and am done with them. I'm fairly sure their rebuttal with be nothing more of substance than touting Cordoban's words from his twitch stream with a slap in the face emote afterwards. Regardless, I will not engage them further.

https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthread.php?670831-PvP-Legendary-Servers&p=7911760&highlight=#post7911760

When their only argument for entertainment in LotRO is "you can grind or do stuff with long cooldowns every now and then" as well as "you can also play other games" (really, that's a big ol' plus to back up LotRO's quality end-game content, right? The fucking pleb) you know they've got shit all to say.

11 hours ago, Doro said:

When their only argument for entertainment in LotRO is "you can grind or do stuff with long cooldowns every now and then" as well as "you can also play other games" (really, that's a big ol' plus to back up LotRO's quality end-game content, right? The fucking pleb) you know they've got shit all to say.

This Martens guy is HIGHLY unpleasant. I browsed through a few topics, and must present my sincere apologies to Doro - I thought he was an Evil Troll. 

I was an idiot. 

These guys are truly not worth the light of my eyes. 

20 minutes ago, Jedy2 said:

These guys are truly not worth the light of my eyes. 

Sadly, that's the OF in a nutshell, as very few there are actually worth interacting with these days.

On 1/29/2019 at 10:29 AM, Doro said:

I had something similar, but it's practically the prediction of Kickman come true. I was directed by someone else to a thread I'd been posting in with a few others, just harmless stuff about where the game could go next with unexplored regions, and I was told to check out what was at the time the most recent post. Well, it turns out that one of those deluded morons apparently made a post saying I've been "harassing" him... after 4 days of him already being on my ignore list. Yep, being ignored was harassment. Not a single post made about him, towards him, or referencing him, because I've not seen anything from him at all since he went on ignore. Here's the particular line:

" Dorothir’s been running around the forums trolling everyone he can lately because SSG said no PvMP for legendary servers and I told him he’s being ridiculous. So now he’s felt the need to harass me. Reposting the saarlac was done in spite. "

https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthread.php?670786-Next-region-expansion-Cardolan-Kingdom&p=7911248#post7911248

Apparently, this egotistical pleb had a breakdown because I'd responded to someone else in a thread who was talking to me at the time. In his warped little mind, having no attention AT ALL was tantamount to harassment. That's the level of delusion we're dealing with over there.

yep. that is what they do and now Cord will have you in his sights because you butthurt one of his shills

On 1/30/2019 at 3:14 AM, Doro said:

But, the LS are doing so good, they play STO (which btw they are a known asshole there too and mostly ignored by the community)

On 1/30/2019 at 3:27 PM, Almagnus1 said:

Sadly, that's the OF in a nutshell, as very few there are actually worth interacting with these days.

Yeah it has become a sad place.  As a new player looking for a Tolkien game, the obvious kiss ass shills would scare me away from it on the forums, let alone how bad the game itself has become.  I have not logged in since before Christmas and honestly, I do not miss it at all.  Never got my main through the new area because it was a boring buggy mess, and than to top it off, got a new gamin PC that had me run Lotro in almost the same graphics settings as my 4 year old laptop because well lotro. Now I finally get all the rubberbanding while mounted and crashes in MT area.  Yep. quality game right there, and the x64 is another Lotro lie

Edit:

Sorry I have not been reading or posting here as much, my Father recently had a stroke, he is doing good and actually came home today but still has a lot of work to do.  

Edited by TheKickman
Forgot to add apology

5 hours ago, TheKickman said:

Edit:

Sorry I have not been reading or posting here as much, my Father recently had a stroke, he is doing good and actually came home today but still has a lot of work to do.  

Hope your father gets well soon Kick, my best wishes for a speedy and full recovery  :)

5 hours ago, TheKickman said:

There's no obligation to post here. Hope all goes well for your old man.

On 1/27/2019 at 8:52 AM, Doro said:

maartena - goes without saying, but I will do because fuck it: smarmy, baiting, shit-eating faggot, and "he" needs a good fucking slap

I'd wager that list is going to keep growing as I'm adding as I encounter them, but so far I think I've gotten rid of seeing most of the waste of flesh NPCs.

That's a bit strong but the he in quotes sums it up pretty accurately.   Some people really like the lore and running around in Middle Earth, and some people have a VIP card to the annual Team SSG bukkake party.  You will never make a dent with those people.  A slur against SSG or Lotro, to them, is a personal attack.  It's like someone who gets enraged because you didn't care for a song they absolutely love.  It's almost like their livelihood rests on the success or failure of Lotro.

22 hours ago, Amorey said:

Hope your father gets well soon Kick, my best wishes for a speedy and full recovery  :)

Nothing against you Amorey but your avatar is going to give me nightmares.  I keep expecting that thing to pop out of my screen, rip open my chest and lay some eggs, but only if I tattle.

On 2/2/2019 at 4:25 PM, Amenhir said:

That's a bit strong but the he in quotes sums it up pretty accurately.   Some people really like the lore and running around in Middle Earth, and some people have a VIP card to the annual Team SSG bukkake party.  You will never make a dent with those people.  A slur against SSG or Lotro, to them, is a personal attack.  It's like someone who gets enraged because you didn't care for a song they absolutely love.  It's almost like their livelihood rests on the success or failure of Lotro.

... You ever wonder if we've been interacting with SSG staff that haven't let us know if they're SSG staff?

9 hours ago, Almagnus1 said:

... You ever wonder if we've been interacting with SSG staff that haven't let us know if they're SSG staff?

This could very well be true but it wouldn't matter to me one bit. If a SSG employee wants to pose a player then all the more to them. Let them stand at the gate of the sewers and feed off of the froth. No amount of money in this world could get me to do this.

Ofc if SSG and past Turbine gave a shit and fixed their freakin game, the poser could have a great experience.

On 2/1/2019 at 1:42 PM, TheKickman said:

I hope he does well, and you too. Caregiving can be a draining experience. Take good care of you! 

On 2/2/2019 at 5:25 PM, Amenhir said:

rip open my chest

My daughter just had that done and it's not pretty.

Agreed, creepy picture

9 hours ago, Tarantula said:

Agreed, creepy picture

Say a guy called Tarantula with a huge creepy spider as an avatar 😉

Hope your girl is doing well though  

On 2/2/2019 at 10:25 PM, Amenhir said:

Nothing against you Amorey but your avatar is going to give me nightmares.  I keep expecting that thing to pop out of my screen, rip open my chest and lay some eggs, but only if I tattle.

Could be worst 😁

Angry-Baby18.jpg

Glad to see you guys still have a sense of humor. 

On topic: LOTRO is only a very pale shadow, faint memories of Middle-earth and epic stories I still love. I refuse to be a statistic, use the store or play a game just out of my passion for  the work of Tolkien. The LOTRO I remember was awesome , not perfect, but a solid game, but this was many years ago. It is sad to witness its decline, sad to see how people prefer a mediocre/bad run instead of letting it go slowly and peacefully into the West. 

Anyway sorry about the 'creepy' avatar guys,  I won't change it though, it has been with me for too many years and I am quite font of it  

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Amorey said:

Say a guy called Tarantula with a huge creepy spider as an avatar 😉

Hope your girl is doing well though  

Could be worst 😁

Angry-Baby18.jpg

Glad to see you guys still have a sense of humor. 

On topic: LOTRO is only a very pale shadow, faint memories of Middle-earth and epic stories I still love. I refuse to be a statistic, use the store or play a game just out of my passion for  the work of Tolkien. The LOTRO I remember was awesome , not perfect, but a solid game, but this was many years ago. It is sad to witness its decline, sad to see how people prefer a mediocre/bad run instead of letting it go slowly and peacefully into the West. 

Anyway sorry about the 'creepy' avatar guys,  I won't change it though, it has been with me for too many years and I am quite font of it  

I have that picture and nick because I am actually scared to death of spiders.

Thank you for your wishes.

Where does your avatar come from? Is there a link to a movie?

My brother in law is a fotographer. Every year one of his kids (in order) features on the Christmas card he makes.

And every year we go 'the card is here'... 'let me see'... 'he did it again'... creepy as shit. Not sure his kids will be happy with those images later.

Anyway: yes, it's very very sad to see the game like this, and it was foretold it was going to end like this (when they introduced the store).

What baffles me is that there are apparently enough sales to keep going in this direction.

Bought a very nice book the other day: https://www.amazon.ca/Tolkien-Maker-Middle-earth-Catherine-McIlwaine/dp/1851244859/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1549547267&sr=1-1

Fortunately we can enjoy the real deal.

9 hours ago, Tarantula said:

Where does your avatar come from? Is there a link to a movie

I believe the child in my avatar is actually  a very young Kristen Dust. She's been in a few movies including Interview with the vampire. I came across this avatar many years ago when I was working as a moderator on a forum and I thought it would be quite appropriate, it kind of worked and I have been using it ever since. 

The reason why LOTRO continues to be dragged along and still manages to survive is very simple and can be summarized in one single word : Tolkien 

If the game was just a generic fantasy MMO we would not be here today still discussing it, it would have closed many years ago. Calling the game Lord of the Rings Online was a strike of genius. If you  want to compare the game to one of the races of Middle-earth Lotro is an elf - it seems unable to die so it lingers on in sorrow, fading away slowly, almost gone but not quite gone yet because people love Middle-earth and its stories. 

That book you linked there is awesome, it was released to coincide with the Tolkien Exhibition last year. I went to Oxford to see it and it was awesome. I  believe the Exhibition is now  open in New York. 

I  do not play Lotro anymore, it is just too painful now so I'd rather keep my memories and move on. At the moment there are no real alternatives to virtual Middle-earth so I am not spending much time gaming.

By the way of any of you guys like Tolkien as much as I do here is a link to a fantastic dramatized audiobook  I am currently enjoying :)

https://tokybook.com/fellowship-rings-audiobook-01/

https://tokybook.com/two-towers-audiobook/

https://tokybook.com/return-kings-audiobook/

Ah, Kirsten Dunst. I never saw Interview, enjoyed the book too much, years ago, to let movie images spoil my imagination. I would not have guessed from the picture.

Yes, the book is awesome! I would like go see the exhibit in NY, less than 700km from here. Maybe. I've never been to NY so to go for a Tolkien exhibit - epic and odd.

When I look at how much I time I invested in that game (and in a few others)...

I hear you, it hurts to play. I kept it up for a long time, but no more. And yes, lingers on in sorrow. Apt.

I've never tried audio books, didn't even know this existed. Enjoy!

On 2/6/2019 at 4:53 PM, Amorey said:

It is sad to witness its decline, sad to see how people prefer a mediocre/bad run instead of letting it go slowly and peacefully into the West. 

This is what irks me so much.  Instead of letting the game shut down back when people still had some good will towards Turbine/SSG, they dragged it out until people who used to love the game, now hate it with a fiery passion.  I played the game for eight years and instead of having bittersweet feelings about the whole thing.  I am filled with anger and a hope that the game dies a miserable death and the company goes under.  It might be irrational, but when people take something you loved and slowly and methodically destroy it, then you're going to be upset.

Then you realize that it was done due to incompetence and lack of foresight.  That only serves to piss me off even more.