LOTROCommunity
Sign in to follow this  
Altreg01

No plans for PVMP on LS

https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthread.php?670780-Legendary-Server-Qs

As per a blue name in the above linked thread there are no plans for PVMP on the LS.

I was never big into PVMP but my original kin from Windfaila has partially reunited on Anor and they were huge PVPers. Really sucks because I know most of them will quit as soon as they find out there is no PVMP and playing again with them was part of the draw for the LS for me

Edit: I see Doro has been on that thread :)

Yeah, it's pretty much been the nail in the coffin for me. PvP was always the true end-game for me. You did all that boring grinding and repeatedly running raids so that you could get geared up and head into the Moors to for some PvP. Now, you're literally just sitting there going "well, nothing else for me to do". I ran some alts up to 50 the weekend just gone to try to see if anything would be different (holy shit it was so fast with the XP buff they had), but it's really fucking dead now.

There's a minor protest going on here about how the Limited Servers are being approached by SSG:

https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthread.php?670797-Legendary-Server-Failures-Bad-Pve-No-PvMP-LOGFOR6

Easy for me to not play till February when there's fuck all to do. Chances are I won't be playing again until Moria, and even then I doubt I'll last long with only 10 extra levels and a few raids. I give it a week, tops.

I think it's strategy.... LS - without the Moors = membership

Want to play the Moors and don't care about LS? That's also a membership

There will be people who don't want to pay for LS, but will pay for a change made at the Moors.

Actually I want to bet there is something in store for the Moors.

18 hours ago, Doro said:

Yeah, it's pretty much been the nail in the coffin for me. PvP was always the true end-game for me. You did all that boring grinding and repeatedly running raids so that you could get geared up and head into the Moors to for some PvP. Now, you're literally just sitting there going "well, nothing else for me to do". I ran some alts up to 50 the weekend just gone to try to see if anything would be different (holy shit it was so fast with the XP buff they had), but it's really fucking dead now.

There's a minor protest going on here about how the Limited Servers are being approached by SSG:

https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthread.php?670797-Legendary-Server-Failures-Bad-Pve-No-PvMP-LOGFOR6

Easy for me to not play till February when there's fuck all to do. Chances are I won't be playing again until Moria, and even then I doubt I'll last long with only 10 extra levels and a few raids. I give it a week, tops.

"People should be more polite."

--maartena

https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthread.php?670797-Legendary-Server-Failures-Bad-Pve-No-PvMP-LOGFOR6&p=7910366#post7910366

I nearly collapsed a lung laughing at that blatant hypocrisy.

32 minutes ago, psalm8818 said:

"People should be more polite."

--maartena

https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthread.php?670797-Legendary-Server-Failures-Bad-Pve-No-PvMP-LOGFOR6&p=7910366#post7910366

I nearly collapsed a lung laughing at that blatant hypocrisy.

Just put him on ignore like I did. I've got this ever-growing list of people up their own arse getting added to my ignore list. Makes it a lot easier.

that thread is so funny.  Kinda makes me glad I can not post because I would be linking every ass kissers hypocrisy all over the place.  I especially love how someone called out Marrtena about his hunter / lm story and showed how Marrtena was the one being the asshole in the situation.  Almost made me choke on the mint I was eating lol.  

Anyways, that entire thread is people with legit issues and the white knights saying if you don't play my way go somewhere else.  It is sad to see such a great award winning community fall into a hand full of these self righteous idiots 

Im all for the no log for 6 campaign, but in reality it does nothing.  Its the canceled subs that will make them think twice. I know mine will be canceled, although not in retaliation for no PVMP but way too much time before Moria drops. Im not going Alt crazy on this server, way too much grind to keep a stable of toons in decent shape especially with the start of LIs with Moria. I considered rolling a Beorning just to see what they were all about, then saw the hefty price tag and that feeling passed quickly

Doro, You will have to watch yourself and your interaction with the weirdo Bohbd. This nutcase shits out flagged post to Cordoban when the wind changes direction. He used to keep a link to another forum. I took some time to look at it and his posting. What his fascination with beagles is idk, but its oddly mortifying.

You just had your forum privileges restored don't lose them to this numpty.

On a side note. I'd love to see Bohbd come out to the moors. This weirdo would no doubt freeze up when a confrontation occurred and start doing millions of knickknack hand machinations telling himself all through them saying. "Everything is fine" "Everything is fine!"

It's all good, I put that stupid cunt on ignore with some others. In fact, this is where we're at so far with the ignore list (just people who have so far shown their true colours).

Bohdb - obviously mentally handicapped (even for a festival-obsessed fanboy), no point even trying to explain shit to them

Dinara - some fanboy cunt, nothing valuable to say

djheydt - old, blinkered, lacks any sense of empathy that a regular human would have, not long for the grave

dsltn07 - some ass hat that think he's subtle with his shitposts but isn't, can't seem to actually read or understand what's said in plain English

Langie - can't even remember what this nonce posted, I just know it was enough for me to dismiss them as an ignorant prick

maartena - goes without saying, but I will do because fuck it: smarmy, baiting, shit-eating faggot, and "he" needs a good fucking slap

Radhruin_EU - so far up his own arse that I'm surprised he's not suffocated (and it would be nice if the lifeless prick did), knows a pretty average amount about Middle-earth but a few morons seem to praise him for it, thinks he's some gate-keeper for Tolkien and misapplies his personal head-canon of Middle-earth to everything else

YvainBlakhart - some low-level fanboy shitposter

I'd wager that list is going to keep growing as I'm adding as I encounter them, but so far I think I've gotten rid of seeing most of the waste of flesh NPCs.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Doro said:

It's all good, I put that stupid cunt on ignore with some others. In fact, this is where we're at so far with the ignore list (just people who have so far shown their true colours).

Bohdb - obviously mentally handicapped (even for a festival-obsessed fanboy), no point even trying to explain shit to them

Dinara - some fanboy cunt, nothing valuable to say

djheydt - old, blinkered, lacks any sense of empathy that a regular human would have, not long for the grave

dsltn07 - some ass hat that think he's subtle with his shitposts but isn't, can't seem to actually read or understand what's said in plain English

Langie - can't even remember what this nonce posted, I just know it was enough for me to dismiss them as an ignorant prick

maartena - goes without saying, but I will do because fuck it: smarmy, baiting, shit-eating faggot, and "he" needs a good fucking slap

Radhruin_EU - so far up his own arse that I'm surprised he's not suffocated (and it would be nice if the lifeless prick did), knows a pretty average amount about Middle-earth but a few morons seem to praise him for it, thinks he's some gate-keeper for Tolkien and misapplies his personal head-canon of Middle-earth to everything else

YvainBlakhart - some low-level fanboy shitposter

I'd wager that list is going to keep growing as I'm adding as I encounter them, but so far I think I've gotten rid of seeing most of the waste of flesh NPCs.

at this rate you will not see any post on the OF because that list right there is basically all who post now.  Just be cautious though, having them on ignore is all good, but they will be replying to you in attempts to bait you.  When they see you are not interacting with them (like I did with the sock puppet) they will cry to their overlord and pick apart every post you have made in attempts to get you re-banned 

1 minute ago, TheKickman said:

at this rate you will not see any post on the OF because that list right there is basically all who post now.  Just be cautious though, having them on ignore is all good, but they will be replying to you in attempts to bait you.  When they see you are not interacting with them (like I did with the sock puppet) they will cry to their overlord and pick apart every post you have made in attempts to get you re-banned 

They can go ahead and try. I can't see what bollocks they're posting, and I'm being particularly careful with what I post there, so I'm fine for now. I've also seen a number of shitty posts made by those on my ignore list (before I added them) directed at me that have since been deleted, so either they're giving up or the mods are starting to see through their pass-agg trolling bullshit.

Not to mention that we've still got here to post what we like. If people see one of those pricks being particularly retarded, they're more than welcome to post it here and offer an unfiltered response, and there's fuck all the trolls can do about it.

Post's get deleted with no word and next thing CKA shows up pumping out post of their own over compensating the obvious.

Cordoban is delegating moderation of the forums and is the reason post get deleted with no mail for why or infractions is because the junior moderator doesn't have those privileges. Yet.  What does this mean? It means there is another set of subjective reasoning in play.

5 hours ago, Splay said:

Post's get deleted with no word and next thing CKA shows up pumping out post of their own over compensating the obvious.

Who or what is CKA?

FWIW - that's a good list of the fanboi trolls to ignore (imo) - and I had one of the call me a bully in WC one afternoon a couple weeks for calling them out on BS they were posting - when I said they had no more information than I did and were posting BS conjecture

6 hours ago, Doro said:

Who or what is CKA?

CKA is the abbreviation of a nickname that Kickman (I think) came up with for one of the posters who was involved back when he got his OF ban.  I'm in a hurry right now so can't look it up here but someone will know.  Possibly maartena but I'm not sure.

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, Woeg said:

FWIW - that's a good list of the fanboi trolls to ignore (imo) - and I had one of the call me a bully in WC one afternoon a couple weeks for calling them out on BS they were posting - when I said they had no more information than I did and were posting BS conjecture

I had something similar, but it's practically the prediction of Kickman come true. I was directed by someone else to a thread I'd been posting in with a few others, just harmless stuff about where the game could go next with unexplored regions, and I was told to check out what was at the time the most recent post. Well, it turns out that one of those deluded morons apparently made a post saying I've been "harassing" him... after 4 days of him already being on my ignore list. Yep, being ignored was harassment. Not a single post made about him, towards him, or referencing him, because I've not seen anything from him at all since he went on ignore. Here's the particular line:

" Dorothir’s been running around the forums trolling everyone he can lately because SSG said no PvMP for legendary servers and I told him he’s being ridiculous. So now he’s felt the need to harass me. Reposting the saarlac was done in spite. "

https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthread.php?670786-Next-region-expansion-Cardolan-Kingdom&p=7911248#post7911248

Apparently, this egotistical pleb had a breakdown because I'd responded to someone else in a thread who was talking to me at the time. In his warped little mind, having no attention AT ALL was tantamount to harassment. That's the level of delusion we're dealing with over there.

If you want a good read for the level of delusion over there, go read https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthread.php?654668-Re-Scheduled-Server-Downtime-on-the-21st (which started oin June 20, 2017 - that date is relevant btw) as it shows just how... bizarre... some of the reasoning there is, as it's a thread where I was bringing up the fact that SSG is still supporting XP and Vista despite:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/lifecycle/search?alpha=Microsoft Windows XP Professional XP EOL was April 8, 2014

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/lifecycle/search?alpha=vista Vista EOL was April 11, 2017

There's more technical stuff here (including an amusing hack of XP) that's relevant to this issue, but stuff like this is why I think the x64 client will never happen as the SSG dev team comes across as technically incompetent.  I imagine most of us that work in the tech sector can see that, while the armchair devs and the sycophants in the forums whitewash everything SSG does as good.

And yet, part of me will still holds out hope that I'm wrong on that assessment, mostly due to how much time I've sunk into LotRO.

I love one poster's response to one of the ignored in the Next Region thread:  "Get a grip. Don't open threads and invite discussion if you don't want an alternate or opposing viewpoint. Geez!"

I guess you aren't allowed to post in the thread unless you want to kiss the poster's backside ....

23 minutes ago, Woeg said:

I love one poster's response to one of the ignored in the Next Region thread:  "Get a grip. Don't open threads and invite discussion if you don't want an alternate or opposing viewpoint. Geez!"

I guess you aren't allowed to post in the thread unless you want to kiss the poster's backside ....

Apparently so. Any other ideas are just harassment and any casual discussion is trolling (not for anyone else doing the same, though, just me for some obsessive reason). It's incredible how big of a tantrum that bell-end threw because people didn't jump on board with his idea, and I had no idea until now just how much he was whining about it that whole time. The stupidest thing about it all is that I wasn't even the one to bring up other regions, it was suggestions by other people that I just responded to. He's made stuff up in his own head and got ass-blasted about it.

This evening, I entertained my last interaction with Marteena aka CKA. From this point forward I have no intention to engage this ignorant self centered child. I said my piece and am done with them. I'm fairly sure their rebuttal with be nothing more of substance than touting Cordoban's words from his twitch stream with a slap in the face emote afterwards. Regardless, I will not engage them further.

https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthread.php?670831-PvP-Legendary-Servers&p=7911760&highlight=#post7911760

8 hours ago, Almagnus1 said:

If you want a good read for the level of delusion over there, go read https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthread.php?654668-Re-Scheduled-Server-Downtime-on-the-21st (which started oin June 20, 2017 - that date is relevant btw) as it shows just how... bizarre... some of the reasoning there is, as it's a thread where I was bringing up the fact that SSG is still supporting XP and Vista despite:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/lifecycle/search?alpha=Microsoft Windows XP Professional XP EOL was April 8, 2014

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/lifecycle/search?alpha=vista Vista EOL was April 11, 2017

There's more technical stuff here (including an amusing hack of XP) that's relevant to this issue, but stuff like this is why I think the x64 client will never happen as the SSG dev team comes across as technically incompetent.  I imagine most of us that work in the tech sector can see that, while the armchair devs and the sycophants in the forums whitewash everything SSG does as good.

And yet, part of me will still holds out hope that I'm wrong on that assessment, mostly due to how much time I've sunk into LotRO.

IMO, there will NEVER be a x64 client. Ever. What, over the past 5-6 years, would give you ANY idea that anyone is working on it?

I find you pining for it kinda sad really. Please just give up hoping for it or thinking it may happen. You'll be much be off once you realize this, imo.

1 hour ago, FundinStrongarm said:

IMO, there will NEVER be a x64 client. Ever. What, over the past 5-6 years, would give you ANY idea that anyone is working on it?

I find you pining for it kinda sad really. Please just give up hoping for it or thinking it may happen. You'll be much be off once you realize this, imo.

Well, logically, I realize you're right... and yet... I still kinda wish it would come into existence.

Does that make any sense at all?