LOTROCommunity
Sign in to follow this  
Talisman

Another Attempt to Bump the Login Numbers...

4 minutes ago, Papi said:

The drama around the skirmish "event" just keeps getting better.  Apparently the Harbinger you have to kill is so bugged if you start to kite him you won't get credit for the kill and even though you can pick up the quest at level 20, if you don't have access to the specific skirmish that is required (because of your level), you're essentially fucked.  Which begs the question, why have the quest available at such a low level in the first place?

What should be a simple, timed event to get people to play older content turns into a cluster fuck because the right hand doesn't now what the left hand is doing.  This is basic shit that a 12 year old game should be able to get right.  

And there was zero testing on BR. Most of these issues would have been found easily and quickly. Not that SSG would have actually fixed them.

On 2/5/2019 at 4:52 PM, LasraelLarson said:

Last place = Ithil

2nd to last = Sirannon

Gladden & Anor are pretty much neck in neck.  (Gladden slightly ahead)

once Moria launches, the whole leveling together feeling diminishes & that increases with each content addition.  Moria won't have nearly as many initial rubberneckers, (characters are made, very little new characters at that point) so no queue.  & the levelers will hit 60 pretty fast in the new Moria.  each successive content addition will see a smaller burst & a faster attrition rate.

when will folk demand the consolidation?  free transfers between the 2 are done as far as i know.

Moria is due on Anor & Ithil roughly around March 8.

what is really noteworthy though, is how the main 10 servers have dropped off since winterfest end & are mostly still beating the legacy servers.  even combined they can't match either Brandywine alone, or Evernight which have the best populations.

Just checked but you can transfer servers between Ithil and Anor within seconds for free still. Sent an alt to check auction houses back and forth like 5-6 times. 

On 2/9/2019 at 7:12 PM, Varking said:

Just checked but you can transfer servers between Ithil and Anor within seconds for free still. Sent an alt to check auction houses back and forth like 5-6 times. 

interesting that they left that feature open/active.  oversite, or intentional?

wonder if anyone will bother to transfer now that the name rush is over?  off peak player numbers are very thin.  prime numbers aren't all that great either.  the remaining must be a... peculiar crowd.

On 2/6/2019 at 6:55 AM, Tarantula said:

I am so glad I gave up on that game!

My daughter is running around in the Shire with a new hobbit. That's the area she loves most.

She went to Hengstacer's to get a starter horse... these cost 50MC now... so that was a no deal. Yuk!

Are you shitting me?  50mc for a horse that used to cost 500s?

Treasure Picks are 5 for 200 LP for the Treasure Hunt. I went there out of curiosity. Basically you get 5 picks through game play to do your thing in the treasure hunting area then go back and wait 10 to 15 minutes. 50 picks at 2k LP is about $20

I know damn well there are idiots throwing cash at this because they can't sit still for more than 5 seconds let alone ten minutes. Yesterday some player claimed they had 400 picks. I commented about all that time wasted to get picks. They sent me an IM and said lol no I bought them at the store. $80 to gloat in world chat about virtual pixels. For what? I hope the dumbass didn't get what they were after and blew another $80. After all some dumb fuck has to keep this shit show running.

I remember clearly when the store first arrived someone at Turbine claimed the store would only sell cosmetics and other such QoL items. Some dumbass who is willing to pay $80 for a chance to get a treasure goat. Ha Ha Ha!

4 hours ago, Splay said:

Treasure Picks are 5 for 200 LP for the Treasure Hunt. I went there out of curiosity. Basically you get 5 picks through game play to do your thing in the treasure hunting area then go back and wait 10 to 15 minutes. 50 picks at 2k LP is about $20

I know damn well there are idiots throwing cash at this because they can't sit still for more than 5 seconds let alone ten minutes. Yesterday some player claimed they had 400 picks. I commented about all that time wasted to get picks. They sent me an IM and said lol no I bought them at the store. $80 to gloat in world chat about virtual pixels. For what? I hope the dumbass didn't get what they were after and blew another $80. After all some dumb fuck has to keep this shit show running.

I remember clearly when the store first arrived someone at Turbine claimed the store would only sell cosmetics and other such QoL items. Some dumbass who is willing to pay $80 for a chance to get a treasure goat. Ha Ha Ha!

I suppose on the plus side there are less people fighting over the cherry bushes.

5 hours ago, Splay said:

After all some dumb fuck has to keep this shit show running.

Well, whenever anyone asks how is this game still up and running...this is why.  And let's not forget about the joy people receive from opening loot-boxes.  And how awesome they are for doing it.  Sigh...

5 hours ago, Splay said:

I do not do festivals, even after 11 years Ive done maybe one back in the first year or so, I accept the quest and toss the map as soon as it pops then delete the quest if I have to. I have no idea what hobbnonigans is, or if that is even spelled correctly.  I guess I shouldnt be surprised they are a direct gateway to the store. Now we all know why there are more times when a festival is running than when there is no festival

1 hour ago, Altreg01 said:

I do not do festivals, even after 11 years Ive done maybe one back in the first year or so, I accept the quest and toss the map as soon as it pops then delete the quest if I have to. I have no idea what hobbnonigans is, or if that is even spelled correctly.  I guess I shouldnt be surprised they are a direct gateway to the store. Now we all know why there are more times when a festival is running than when there is no festival

I tried the Halloween festival and the Christmas festival when it was running recently, and I couldn't see the appeal. Grind a bunch of crappy daily quests for tokens and then trade those in for some cosmetics. Whoopty fuckin' doo, Basil. I have no idea how so many of these simpleton festival fags look forward to it, let alone put themselves through the repetitive grind of it. This weird digging thing has been even worse, just running around digging at holes, with all the shitty rewards being so expensive you'd have to grind it constantly where possible just to get even half of it.

But I suppose if I understood why they like them, I'd be just as retarded as they are, so thank fuck I'm not.

• Like 1

The day I went to the Treasure Hunting area a player I knew ask me if I had the Dousing emote. Idk maybe some 5 years ago I went to the area and did some of the repeats for a time and when done seen I could trade for the dousing emote.

I showed the player the emote. Later, after I left the area, the Dousing animation persisted for the duration of my session with my character holding a supposed rod/rope with a gem at its end wherever I traveled. A person would think after all those years something like this would have been fixed. To think, I would pay money for picks, to end with a broken emote is laughable

7 hours ago, Doro said:

I tried the Halloween festival and the Christmas festival when it was running recently, and I couldn't see the appeal. Grind a bunch of crappy daily quests for tokens and then trade those in for some cosmetics. Whoopty fuckin' doo, Basil. I have no idea how so many of these simpleton festival fags look forward to it, let alone put themselves through the repetitive grind of it. This weird digging thing has been even worse, just running around digging at holes, with all the shitty rewards being so expensive you'd have to grind it constantly where possible just to get even half of it.

But I suppose if I understood why they like them, I'd be just as retarded as they are, so thank fuck I'm not.

I could see the appeal if you've got a couple of die-hard completionists, but years ago that grind got waaaay to absurd.  At this point, it's prolly people that have far too much time on their hands that don't mind the grind.

The great irony is looking at how FFXIV does their festival events (like the Valentine's Day one), which is basically "do the new story quests for this year, then run the holiday instance a couple of times to get most of the stuff" and you're done.  No need to drag it out unless you really want the housing items, or like accumulating the consumables.  Even looking into the events in Warframe, a lot of those (historically speaking) tended to be grindy because it was a competition between the clans that forced some of the grindiness (or there were materials that made doing it worth the time, like Plague Star specifically).

When you take a look at the Skinner Box that are LotRO festivals... I wonder if an abuse case would be warranted.

4 hours ago, Almagnus1 said:

The great irony is looking at how FFXIV does their festival events (like the Valentine's Day one), which is basically "do the new story quests for this year, then run the holiday instance a couple of times to get most of the stuff" and you're done.  No need to drag it out unless you really want the housing items, or like accumulating the consumables. 

I agree that FFXIV hits a sweet spot with the festivals.  They blend just enough story and lore into the event and it's a short and sweet affair.  And that is the way it should be, festivals and the like are about getting away from the grind of the main game and doing frivolous shit.  But LOTRO can't pass up the chance to increase that grind and hope that folks run to the store to alleviate it some way.

7 hours ago, Papi said:

I agree that FFXIV hits a sweet spot with the festivals.  They blend just enough story and lore into the event and it's a short and sweet affair.  And that is the way it should be, festivals and the like are about getting away from the grind of the main game and doing frivolous shit.  But LOTRO can't pass up the chance to increase that grind and hope that folks run to the store to alleviate it some way.

It's cause they need the festivals to compensate for bad quest design.  From what I can recall, Budgeford was huge into making the quests actually good as MoL just isn't as good at the quests without Budgeford because you get into too much "it's this way cause I said so" writing.

New all time low for last month on the Steam chart. I have also noticed many a player who have consistently been active for years now mia. The raid content is boring. The grind to prepare for raid content is tedium extreme. Most players claim to have put lootboxes on the filter list. The AH is starting to look like a bare cupboard. Activated npcs are  sluggish even on the days of server restarts. LS populations are still declining. Store sales are inconsistent and often have disparity between LP and Mithril. The Festival has failed to bring in long term ezmoders for cosmetic shinys. Yet every fucking retard, who has 50 alts and owns a complete homestead will vehemently defend the "LotRO is doing great" mantra. 8)7