LOTROCommunity
Sign in to follow this  
LasraelLarson

The Missing 2019 Producer Letter & Severlin?

December 12 2018 we hear Dc.Octothorpe has left SSG.

Here we are in early February 2019 & Lotro Producers letter from Severlin is still unpublished.

anyone actually know that he is still at SSG?

last time he was seen seems to actually be with Dr. Octothorpe:

ominous.

maybe he just didn't get it finished in time...  that or perhaps Daybreak does have their finger on the trigger.

time...  enough & eventually all comes to light.

DDO is also missing its 2019 Letter.

his last post on either the DDO or Lotro forums was back on September 10 2018:

https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthread.php?666721-End-Game-Loot-Lootboxes-Update-23-and-Beyond&p=7866238#post7866238

he did wear the top hat at both from SSG side of things.  the assumption is he still does, but there is no actual cause for that assumption.

i suppose one could come straight out and ask Cordovan, "Does Severlin still work at SSG?"  curious to hear a direct answer, or obfuscation.

but it is entirely possible he is already gone & having to manage that is not preferred, quite possibly hoping enough time passes and people forget.  that or distraction.

either way, Severlins presence at both DDO & Lotro is oddly similar to someone no longer with the company.  if communication isn't his bag, maybe he should pass the torch...

if it hasn't already been taken from him.

2 hours ago, LasraelLarson said:

https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthread.php?666721-End-Game-Loot-Lootboxes-Update-23-and-Beyond&p=7866238#post7866238

he did wear the top hat at both from SSG side of things.  the assumption is he still does, but there is no actual cause for that assumption.

i suppose one could come straight out and ask Cordovan, "Does Severlin still work at SSG?"  curious to hear a direct answer, or obfuscation.

but it is entirely possible he is already gone & having to manage that is not preferred, quite possibly hoping enough time passes and people forget.  that or distraction.

either way, Severlins presence at both DDO & Lotro is oddly similar to someone no longer with the company.  if communication isn't his bag, maybe he should pass the torch...

To be fair, Severlin is not a very active producer (at least, on the forums).  He rarely pops his head in and when he does, he makes gaffes like the time he said people are "awesome" for supporting the game by experiencing the "joy of opening loot-boxes".  He actually said that.  And when people put him on blast (the few that actually give a shit about the integrity of the game), he went back to not posting.  

4 hours ago, LasraelLarson said:

A direct answer from Cordovan?

Not bloody likely.

hypothetical scenario:

Q: Hey Cordovan, does Severlin still work for SSG?

A: I've worked with Severlin for many years, and throughout he has proven to be the consummate professional.  Through his efforts we have achieved untold success in developing one of the most profound, exciting and culturally relevant games in the industry.  There are many exciting additions to our next update, be sure to check the store frequently.  If you have any further questions, please direct them to one of our salaried white knights on the official forums.

24 minutes ago, warspeech said:

Players: "We're overdue for a Producer's Letter"

Cordovan: "Thank you for the suggestion."

Ha, but surely he'd just say "There already is a Producer's Letter out" and then just ignore anyone saying otherwise?

3 hours ago, Doro said:

Ha, but surely he'd just say "There already is a Producer's Letter out" and then just ignore anyone saying otherwise?

nah, he ignores it and anyone who pushes the issue gets banned for crap they did 2 years ago

Early February now. The game is running. I gave it for the new year and this shit show would be ended. With this said, It would be better if it had. Mainly for this fact. Many upon many over the years have stated about all the ineptitude beholden to Turbine and SSG. In many cases I agree with the general consensus. However these last two years I don't believe this is the case. Think about this for a moment. Most of todays so-called fuck ups aren't really by mistakes. No, No these are intentional and decisive choices. Anything from screwing up stats on armour to fucking up the simple structure of how a new incentive based feature is implemented. Often, there are convoluted paths to the desired gains where instead it could be strait forward. All these measure's players consider fuck ups are instead measured devices to keep the player logged on. Why? In the hopes the player will get frustrated and open the magic window. Pull out their credit card and be a winner. The difference now compared to years ago is this. Once they were subtle and left room for speculation for if they were mistakes, to now where there is no denying the manipulations. Today's path is always full of twist and turns and at no point will you ever feel like you can reach the goal line. This is intentional.

You my fellow players have been part of one of the longest running experiments in the MMO world. An experiment where the producers of this game will continue to refine their machinations to a degree that has yet to be discovered. Under the guidance of DBG this will only continue. I have watched the subtlety of the psychology being used in this game. Knowing this decides for me what I do and don't do in this game and why. Others though seem so immersed in their desires and their needs to feel an accomplishment or reach a goal nothing is out of bounds. To the outsider observing the addicted player chomping on this carrot produced by SSG they would suggest the player be required to seek help for their disfunction.  As often said in Eve online. "The only way to win is to quit playing". Try telling this to an ocd, idiot and they will hate you forever much like forcefully taking a bottle from a life long alcoholic. The experiment is to see how far the bar can be raised and I dare say it crosses the boundary of predatory. Predatory on the blind and dumb people who fall for such simple gimmicks.

I said in one of my first post on these forums that I am an observer and this still holds true. I do still play LotRO but mostly I watch the players and how they react to what SSG feeds them. It is astounding how much shit a person will allow to be shoved down their gullet and all the while claim it tastes like ice cream.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Splay said:

I said in one of my first post on these forums that I am an observer and this still holds true. I do still play LotRO but mostly I watch the players and how they react to what SSG feeds them. It is astounding how much shit a person will allow to be shoved down their gullet and all the while claim it tastes like ice cream.

Statement of the Year!!

17 hours ago, Splay said:

Early February now. The game is running. I gave it for the new year and this shit show would be ended. With this said, It would be better if it had. Mainly for this fact. Many upon many over the years have stated about all the ineptitude beholden to Turbine and SSG. In many cases I agree with the general consensus. However these last two years I don't believe this is the case. Think about this for a moment. Most of todays so-called fuck ups aren't really by mistakes. No, No these are intentional and decisive choices. Anything from screwing up stats on armour to fucking up the simple structure of how a new incentive based feature is implemented. Often, there are convoluted paths to the desired gains where instead it could be strait forward. All these measure's players consider fuck ups are instead measured devices to keep the player logged on. Why? In the hopes the player will get frustrated and open the magic window. Pull out their credit card and be a winner. The difference now compared to years ago is this. Once they were subtle and left room for speculation for if they were mistakes, to now where there is no denying the manipulations. Today's path is always full of twist and turns and at no point will you ever feel like you can reach the goal line. This is intentional.

You my fellow players have been part of one of the longest running experiments in the MMO world. An experiment where the producers of this game will continue to refine their machinations to a degree that has yet to be discovered. Under the guidance of DBG this will only continue. I have watched the subtlety of the psychology being used in this game. Knowing this decides for me what I do and don't do in this game and why. Others though seem so immersed in their desires and their needs to feel an accomplishment or reach a goal nothing is out of bounds. To the outsider observing the addicted player chomping on this carrot produced by SSG they would suggest the player be required to seek help for their disfunction.  As often said in Eve online. "The only way to win is to quit playing". Try telling this to an ocd, idiot and they will hate you forever much like forcefully taking a bottle from a life long alcoholic. The experiment is to see how far the bar can be raised and I dare say it crosses the boundary of predatory. Predatory on the blind and dumb people who fall for such simple gimmicks.

I was saying this kind of stuff on the main forums and of course the dissenters disagreed because it ruined their image of what LOTRO should be.  The 2 remaining members of my kin being lifetimers mostly hang out on Ithil which I refuse to pay for, so now IF I log into the game at all, even running basic stuff means a pug and frankly I am worn out of holding peoples hands in even the basic types of runs like School or Library.  As you said, everything they do now is a push top the store, content is designed to get you to pay.  Hell even on the Legendary servers they "decreased experience gains" to as they said "let you enjoy the leveling process and explore the old areas again" that, was total bullshit, it was done, so people would head to the store and buy experience tomes (which they did) and oh reputation, they decreased drop rates for rep items silently, so now people are buying reputation tomes ( because of course they increased the rate at the skirm camps to push even more people to the store)

Now they are talking about revamping the LI system and I have a feeling something is going to come when the :LS hits Moria in the next month and of course, it will be a store push.  My sister whom hasn't played in a couple years logged in recently to maybe get involved again.  She called me asking why she sees these coin incons everywhere asking for Mithril and how she could farm them.  When I explained it was a store item, she logged off and deleted the game.  

Lotro has always been run by a company that plans for short term gains.  I have never seen anything developed for this game with the long term in mind.  It is always about get the $$$ quick with each update.  Look at how rep was handled in the wastes.  People farmed it for a few days... they saw a decrease in reputation tomes, so removed rep drops.  Same with Ashable items in Mordor forcing people to lootbox keys.  It is sad and pathetic.  No one has ever said Lotro doesnt need to make money all we have said over the years is do it honestly.  The LS is at least sort of honest, until they started forcing store pushes into it as mentioned above.

But hey, we all know this and I doubt it is going to change.  So I wait to see how the new LOTR MMO will be and if WB and Monolith ever make a 3rd Shadows game.  As far as the shit comment, I have honestly told some of the white knights on the forums that they could literally hand them a bag of flaming dog shit and the white knights would say it was the greatest dog shit ever

Edited by TheKickman
Clicked send to quick

just needs to pass by another 15 editors & then Severlin will surely hand deliver it to a Cordovan live stream in March... or April, nullifying all doubt he was ever NOT CURRENTLY EMPLOYED @SSG...

...  i forgot about the translations.  make take until May. 

Greetings!

Thank you for being a part of the Lord of the Rings Online community as we celebrate 11 years of adventure. Happy Elevenses! I'm writing today to let you know a bit about our plans for the rest of the year and beyond, and hint at some exciting announcements you can expect to read more about in the future.

We've been enjoying exploring Northern Mirkwood, the "There" part of "There and Back Again". We plan to continue our expansion of the broader region throughout the year. We will also be using 2018 to work on classes, festivals, and quality of life improvements based on your feedback and suggestions (including, in a near update, the ability to see sheathed musical instruments).

Let’s look ahead to Update 23! We will be journeying to the Lonely Mountain, and from there following the eastern paths to the Iron Hills, and north to the Grey Mountains. We're excited to put these important parts of Dwarf culture and history on the map. Update 23 will also come with an instance cluster and, later in the year, a new raid. Our new instances will be designed for both groups and solo players, allowing everyone to see the storyline that unfolds in those instances. Full groups will also be able to enter into the more dangerous tiers of these adventures. The new landscape has 80 new quests, and the Black Book of Mordor will continue its story into these new regions. Update 23 will also increase the level cap to 120.

Beyond Update 23, we have some threads to tie off before we are done with North Rhovanion, including Gundabad, the Vales of Anduin, and landscape contiguity with Lothlórien. You may recall that I initially talked about plans to bring you Minas Morgul in my letter earlier this year. We've re-evaluated that plan, and have shifted the Morgul Vale into 2019. We have big plans for Minas Morgul, and are shifting its release out slightly to allow for an expanded vision of the content.

One of the longer-term requests we have heard from you is a desire to take a holistic look at our ten classes. This is a challenge for our relatively small team, so we had to take a look at how best to bring this to you. Instead of a comprehensive overhaul of each class, one at a time, we will instead make targeted adjustments to many classes at once, and continue these incremental improvements over future updates. This allows us to improve all of our classes in a shorter time frame and better balance power and group utility in a more responsive way. You can expect the first wave of class adjustments to happen in the coming months, and continue for some time to come.

Speaking of shorter-term plans, we will be bringing you something new this summer: Seasonal Instances! Two Instances will be added, which will run during the duration of the Summer Festival. First, we are remastering Thrang from the Rift of Nûrz Ghâshu as a standalone, scaling Fellowship Instance. Secondly, we are introducing "A Perfect Picnic", a Festivity Instance that allows groups of varying sizes (including solo players) to enjoy a challenge at their level. Our Festival plans don’t end there, and we will be adding to the Harvestmath Festival as well, although the Boffins have suggested we not reveal more at this time.

There are several significant initiatives that are still in the planning stages, so I can’t reveal details today. Expect to hear exciting things throughout the year and beyond! Thank you again for taking part in this journey through Middle-earth with us, and I will write more in the future.

Sev~

coming up with advanced things like ^this^ takes ALOT of time, clearly.

Community Manager

The Producer's Letter will likely be published around the anniversary (so, a couple weeks yet).

so apparently DDO is getting their Producers letter on, or around their anniversary, February 28.

i wonder who it will be signed by?  anonymous?

https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthread.php?670727-WTB-2019-Producer-s-Letter&p=7909446#post7909446

"I think you know full well that the letter is probably just about finished but has to be ratified by the legal department and this is what takes the time.

If you didn't know and weren't using this pretence to have a bash in the hope your whining would increase the speed..... then in future just do a little research before you feel the need to create a whole thread about something that is common knowledge....

I was going to link the info for you but that would only encourage further indolence"

^ This is the kind of shit that makes me want to choke someone.  What a useless cocksucker.

1 hour ago, Amenhir said:

^ This is the kind of shit that makes me want to choke someone.  What a useless cocksucker.

I'd take a bet that he doesn't see the irony in writing his signature all in caps.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Doro said:

I'd take a bet that he doesn't see the irony in writing his signature all in caps.

I'd say truth... but sure, let's go with what you said instead...

On 2/14/2019 at 5:49 AM, Amenhir said:

This is the kind of shit that makes me want to choke someone.  What a useless cocksucker.

yeah lots of people being cute on both Lotro & DDO official forums.

when the signal lacks (producers letter) make lots of noise.

giphy.gif