LOTROCommunity
Sign in to follow this  
Tarantula

gaming laptops and noise

So yeah, you can get a gaming laptop... but the biggest problem they have is that they don't have the space to properly do a quiet cooling solution like a desktop.

And honestly, don't buy from the stores unless you can get a good deal, but it straight from the manufacturer as you are able to (usually) get a better warranty that will often include accident protection (so when you spill a cup of coffee on the laptop you're not screwed).

No idea if this works for laptops, but my PC has fan-control software. I've set a curve so that fans are on a minimum and practically silent while nothing's going on (and temperatures are low), but the minute it starts getting up to about 60 celsius they start speeding up and get louder, to prevent any damage. The problem I've found with my partner's MacBook is that it can get hot over pretty much nothing just because of how bad the airflow is for them, so she has to prop it up on a thick book to try to get the vents exposed, which I'm guessing would be the same for most laptops. It's the downside of trying to pack everything in to a small space.

Thank you for all your feedback.

My older pc still runs like a charm, but laptop gave out.

Good idea to go manufacturer route.

Wire cooling rack or a cooling pad.

Nice to still be in pre-purchase phase :)