LOTROCommunity
Sign in to follow this  
Talisman

The Elusive Producer's Letter

14 hours ago, Amenhir said:

I wouldn't go so far as to imply that some of the more fervent supporters are actually employees.  I honestly don't think they have the time.

I doubt they even care enough, unless they are getting paid to post.

21 minutes ago, Talisman said:

I doubt they even care enough, unless they are getting paid to post.

Though there is something odd about how a number of pass-agg trolls over there are actively defended by Cordovan. I can't believe that sort of loyalty by multiple CMs would be just because they're arse-lickers.

11 minutes ago, Doro said:

Though there is something odd about how a number of pass-agg trolls over there are actively defended by Cordovan. I can't believe that sort of loyalty by multiple CMs would be just because they're arse-lickers.

You believe there's still a team of CMs?

11 minutes ago, Talisman said:

You believe there's still a team of CMs?

I meant past CMs. The mantle of protection on these sycophants seems to get passed down.

3 hours ago, Amorey said:

Or me, or you, or many that still follow LOTRO.

You're missing the point.  I no longer log into Lotro on auto-pilot, give them money, or blindly support everything that SSG does or says.  I don't smoke meth, but that doesn't mean I don't read news articles about meth.  I never played World of Warcraft, but sometimes I'll watch a youtube video.  It seems your definition of addiction is reading about or discussing something.  That's a very broad definition.

I've all but stopped talking to my friends who continue to play Lotro, because it's a nonstop bitchfest about how laggy, buggy, and outright boring the game has become.  That is addiction, continuing to do something even though it's "hurting" you, because you can't help yourself.  Hurting in this case being frustration and anger.  All I can do, when I do talk to them, is express how better off they'd be if they quit.  Sadly, they won't give it up.

It would also appear that you were confused.   I was not using Kickman as an example of someone who would not let go.  I was using his change in attitude as what must happen in order for the "true believers" to quit.

2 hours ago, Doro said:

They're the Wal-mart brand of star fuckers.  It appears they believe they're buying themselves some goodies.  They see Cord streaming on twitch and they seem to think he's some kind of celebrity.  They want to be noticed, so they stroke his ego with cringe inducing level of ass kissing.  On the occasion that I watched one of his streams I felt like I might give myself a detached retina from the constant eye rolling.  The viewers are just as toxic, if not more so, then some of the most elitist pvpers in the game.  They drown out and shut down any dissatisfaction raised by anyone.  Then one of the official protectors of the realm will ban anyone who dares take Cord to task on his bullshit.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Amorey said:

Or me, or you, or many that still follow LOTRO. It is true that many players are feeling disappointed and let down by the direction the game is going; I am including myself in the category. My issues with LOTRO today are mostly related to monetization ( store, loothboxes, F2P model ), performance, and use of never ending grinding. On the last couple of years my game time has been reduced to almost zero. 

It is also true that many players just refuse to let go. Many of these folk have spent the last decade playing the game and many of them are driven by the lore more than then game mechanics as such. These are those that will be there to the bitter end, no matter what.

Wherever we stand on the scale of love/hate for LOTRO, we are all still talking about it, sometime arguing about it, some even hold up some hope to see some improvement. Letting go for good will only be possible the day the game sunset, until then people will discuss, comment, hate or love with a passion. 

It is as it is. I don't think LOTRO will sunset for lack of players, but sunset one day it will and I am sure we'll all have something to say on that day.  This week I have been leveling a hobbit on one of the Legendary Servers, I have no plans or expectations, I just want to relax, enjoy and build a few more memories. Leaving arguments and bitterness behind, I just need a place where I can relax and escape from the shitshow going on in the real world, and LOTRO can still offer that.

I am the same.  I find myself forcing myself to log in because my friend calls and wants me to play for a couple hours.  She is one of those who is addicted and can not let go.  She has tried but always comes back playing hours a day and since she is a lifetimer she is loving the LS to the point she is begging me to pay to play over there with her.  I feel bad when I tell her NO because we have become best of friends through LOTRO and call each other daily ect.  But because I barely touch the game anymore our friendship took a hit because she is always on.  I have moved onto other games and she can not.  All is life I guess.

38 minutes ago, Amenhir said:

It would also appear that you were confused.  

It would not be the first time 😛

Sorry if i misread your post. Now I understand what you meant. 

As I said I've been away from LOTRO for a very long time and have no intention to endorse or support anyone, I just 'use' the game as a tool and when I am tired I stop. I made my views  about LOTRO's problems known. Feedback was give now it is up to the people that run the game to make changes if they care. They are still working on it so it seem the game is not quite yet on its last leg, but it is struggling with many issues.  

I am stuck in between been a gamer and been a Tolkien's fan. The gamer in me  is actually quite angry with how the game has been changed in the last two or three years , basically since Daybreak entered the scene. I truly despise Daybreak  and I am someone convinced their influence is not good for LOTRO . The tolkien's fan in me is still able to see how beautiful some of the story telling and world building in game are. 

20 minutes ago, TheKickman said:

because I barely touch the game anymore our friendship took a hit 

Ouch that really sucks :( 

LOTRO one day will sunset, and when it does I hope you and your friend will be able to find a way to rekindle your friendship in a new game. 

Sorry about that Kick, not much comfort I know , but here is a small *hug*. 

34 minutes ago, Amorey said:

I am stuck in between been a gamer and been a Tolkien's fan. The gamer in me  is actually quite angry with how the game has been changed in the last two or three years , basically since Daybreak entered the scene. I truly despise Daybreak  and I am someone convinced their influence is not good for LOTRO . The tolkien's fan in me is still able to see how beautiful some of the story telling and world building in game are. 

The great thing is that the books still exist as they were written, and SSG can't change that.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Amenhir said:

The great thing is that the books still exist as they were written, and SSG can't change that.

True :)

38 minutes ago, Tarantula said:

I want a private reprimand as well, for liking this post. Then I will feel really at home (as on the OF) ;)

You got a 'like' instead  :) 

Insults and personal attacks do say more about the people that do  post such things that to the person receiving it.  I am not expecting any sympathy or welcome committee here, I know very well we often disagree , but I am not in the mood to fight or argue with anyone .  The dislike is reciprocal , the insults are not . 

I stopped posting on the OF a long time ago, I post here sometime, that is that.

Ok sorry for the off topic, carry on 

Some answers:

We have an expansion coming that will include Minus Morgul and Shelob. It isn’t just an update, but a full expansion. We are not discussing more details about it just yet.

Yes to an LI revamp, in due time. We want to revamp the system, and we want to make sure players feel their progression is represented in the new system. This isn’t something we can rush; this touches so many class balance topics that it is something we need a lot of time to design, implement, and gather test server feedback. That means I don’t want to promise it for this year, as it could creep into 2020.

Our intention is that Tier 3 raid encounters will continue to have extra mechanics specifically designed for the raid in question. We don’t want to negate any option for these kind of customized achievements, but that doesn’t extend to other instanced play in a way that benefits solo and small group play.

I agree with the sentiment of many here - I don’t think higher instance tiers that only change damage and hit points would be interesting enough without other surprises and mechanics that change game play.

Class balance of all types will continue throughout the year. Discussions on specific changes are not really in the scope of the Producer’s Letter.

The 64 bit client will include fixes to the game’s graphic that limited how much graphic card memory the game could use, and better options to manage texture memory. It isn’t the fix all for all performance issues in the game. We will need to tackle those as the year progresses.

Sev~

No mention about those virtues.

50 minutes ago, Amorey said:

You got a 'like' instead  :) 

Insults and personal attacks do say more about the people that do  post such things that to the person receiving it.  I am not expecting any sympathy or welcome committee here, I know very well we often disagree , but I am not in the mood to fight or argue with anyone .  The dislike is reciprocal , the insults are not . 

I stopped posting on the OF a long time ago, I post here sometime, that is that.

Ok sorry for the off topic, carry on 

Why would you expect any sympathy from us? We know you and your “here have a banana” attitude too well. The only reason you are not stalking the OF is because your former master Sapience got a dishonourable discharge and the current CM dislikes the game so much that he even ignores you shills. Also, you are such a pathetic attention seeker that you need to come here for conflict now that the OF is dead thanks to you and your peers.

• Like 2

Ah,  here we have it. We'll see how this all pans out.

We are planning to have deeds give special Virtue experience points instead of specific Virtue upgrades, but the design doesn't include taking away other rewards those deeds might award.

Sev~

2 hours ago, psalm8818 said:

And I really hope you get to read this before Doro deletes it and privately reprimands me for calling you out, you shameless hypocrite.

Hold on, let me just get my Gestapo uniform...

Some answers:

We have an expansion coming that will include Minus Morgul and Shelob.

Wait... what?

image.png.e01f217de79c9eb5fa97f942d30f6224.png

Really...?

image.png.7694369cda3632e7fd07500a33b5a78a.png

I'm so done I'm out of reaction .gifs.

I think it's a lovely day here, thank you all.

First I get to LMAO, then I get to like a post, then someone who apparently dislikes us all tells me that 'insult and personal attacks' say more about me than about the person I respond to. Oh well. I can write a book about why that can be debated.

Then there is another beautiful rebuttal, followed by a Gestapo uniform, followed by a beautiful slip of the tongue: Minus Morgul.

Then I stumbled on this gem on the OF  :

Nymphonic:

I'm thinking that at the high level areas, players that get there are expected to place down some real world money. A $20 purchase every 4 months is a little over 4,500 points. That's a lot of grinding deeds.

I feel that if you can afford internet and a comp that can play LOTRO, you can  afford $20 every 3 or 4 months. I don't see having reduced LP in the new areas as being an issue.

Not only that, you can make a ton of points with low level alts in a fraction of the time.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Not sure why the next lines end up in the quote box, but they are my words:

Not sure what he is smoking, but it's not good for clear thinking. Isn't this a contradiction: - "I don't see having reduced LP in the new areas as being an issue" vs "Not only that, you can make a ton of points with low level alts in a fraction of the time."

Also, iirc, SSG already reduced the LP from deeding.

in this thread: https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthread.php?671463-Tinkering-With-Trait-Deeds-Removing-A-Way-To-Earn-LoTRO-Points&p=7918249#post7918249

https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthread.php?671460-SSG-stop-the-Tier-scaling-pls/page2

This is a wonderfully worded post, see bolded sentence.

Crafting-->Fellowship quests--> tier 1 --> tier t2c        

^This is what gear progression should be.

Instead its going to be :

Gear from last level cap--- > lootboxes--> tier 1/tier2/tier 3/tier 4/tier 5  ( 7 days a week so you have enough ash for )--> tier 6

This is AIDS and must be stopped dead in its tracts.

See, it did it again, put my words in the quote box...

This is why we don't play and this is why we don't pay!

1 hour ago, Tarantula said:

I think it's a lovely day here, thank you all.

First I get to LMAO, then I get to like a post, then someone who apparently dislikes us all tells me that 'insult and personal attacks' say more about me than about the person I respond to. Oh well. I can write a book about why that can be debated.

Then there is another beautiful rebuttal, followed by a Gestapo uniform, followed by a beautiful slip of the tongue: Minus Morgul.

Then I stumbled on this gem on the OF  :

in this thread: https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthread.php?671463-Tinkering-With-Trait-Deeds-Removing-A-Way-To-Earn-LoTRO-Points&p=7918249#post7918249

God dammit! When will people learn that it's not about having the money, it's about being manipulated by underhanded business practices.  Yeah I have 20 bucks every 3 to 4 months to give them, but why the fuck should I when they're intentionally turning the game to shit in order to make spending that money seem like a good idea.  Fuck that SSG cock gobbling fucktard who came up with that bullshit justification.

1 hour ago, Wrath of Winter said:

Wait... what?

image.png.e01f217de79c9eb5fa97f942d30f6224.png

Really...?

image.png.7694369cda3632e7fd07500a33b5a78a.png

I'm so done I'm out of reaction .gifs.

Yay Shelob, finally!  Only over a year since it was fucking relevant and we visited her god damn lair.  Hey how about we don't add instances and raids revolving around actual bad guys from the stories.  No, let's add a buggy pile of crap about an orc prison guard, something something vampire, and a raid that has nothing to do with the story.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Amenhir said:

God dammit! When will people learn that it's not about having the money, it's about being manipulated by underhanded business practices.  Yeah I have 20 bucks every 3 to 4 months to give them, but why the fuck should I when they're intentionally turning the game to shit in order to make spending that money seem like a good idea.  Fuck that SSG cock gobbling fucktard who came up with that bullshit justification.

Exactly fucking this. I spend that much pretty much every day on lunch. I could lose that much and it might be an initial twinge of annoyance but I'd soon forget it. However, they're still paying a company that's not only incompetent but openly disdainful of its customers. "But what about the entertainment/time value?!". "What about wanting to keep the game going no matter what?!" It's about the fucking principle, that they give money, even small amounts, to help keep a bunch of morons in a wage. They're the sorts of people that take no issue with getting stepped on or fucked over, so they see no issue with being treated like a walking wallet with the brain capacity of a dried slug. Absolute NPC, sheeple, normie cunts.

Edit: oh yeah, and an expansion for "Minus" Morgul. Doesn't sound much like you could make a zone out of that. Barad Guldur had Mirkwood. Orthanc had Dunland. Minas Morgul has... a vale? Now, I don't know how much is already available in-game to reach, but from the this, it doesn't look like a lot of room at all.

• Like 1

"Yes to an LI revamp, in due time."

This should have happened years ago.  Literally.  To say "in due time" now is laughable.  But coming from SSG, expected.  Much like the spelling errors.  

• Like 1

Reading the forums reminds me of the game Age of Empires.

I bought this disc back in the 90s and might still have it somewhere. This Moses guy walks around with a bunch of followers sorta to protect him. All while slowly carting along the Ark. Moses is SSG, The Ark is the EP letter and the followers are the dumbasses who fawn over every word from SSG. The whole time this staff wielding character is sounding off LOLLOLLOL, LOLLOLLOL, LOLLOLLOL.

14 hours ago, Amenhir said:

Yay Shelob, finally!  Only over a year since it was fucking relevant and we visited her god damn lair.  Hey how about we don't add instances and raids revolving around actual bad guys from the stories.  No, let's add a buggy pile of crap about an orc prison guard, something something vampire, and a raid that has nothing to do with the story.

Its just burying their heads in the sand in ways to defend.  It has become so freaking laughable I cringe just reading the OF and honestly am glad I have been banned because I do not want to be associated with the lunacy and mental olympics those shills go through on a daily basis.