LOTROCommunity
Sign in to follow this  
Talisman

The Elusive Producer's Letter

Yesterday, I nearly finished the first region of mordor and it doesn't feel like the stronghold of the enemy that has just lost the war. And I think they did make it easier than it was, I died twice because I pulled a little too much on my champion, but the first time I walked into Mordor, I think more than a year ago, I should be carefull with all my pulls, now I could pull a lot more mobs.

And to be honest, it wasn't bad to play, yeah, graphics are getting old etc., but that's what you expect of a game that's 10+ years old. But playing only one area for a couple of hours doesn't give the "look, same quests again" feeling yet. Curious to see how that is if I continue to play.

I just went through all 4 regions on my LM and rather enjoyed it - but I reached level cap during the process so was over leveled for everything after Udun.  (I did like watching my polar bear tank some of the camps though ....)

I just found this comprehensive interview with an Executive Produce and Community Manager showing how thoroughly intimate they are with the game they produce.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s5gbSwZ9PaU

I'd imagine the subs for this game would be too much for my money, it sounds brilliant given the enthusiasm and knowledge these guys have. If only we had these people working on Lotro, even part time it'd be well worth it.

Mac

35 minutes ago, Macdui101 said:

I just found this comprehensive interview with an Executive Produce and Community Manager showing how thoroughly intimate they are with the game they produce.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s5gbSwZ9PaU

I'd imagine the subs for this game would be too much for my money, it sounds brilliant given the enthusiasm and knowledge these guys have. If only we had these people working on Lotro, even part time it'd be well worth it.

Mac

That's the great irony of Turbine and SSG: LotRO was the millstone, while DDO was the passion project.  I've enjoyed DDO when I was playing it (it's F2P), but you had better know D&D 3.5 as it's really easy to screw up a character build if you don't know what you're doing.

It 30 years ago since I played D&D I seem to remember the build process started with a guy with his "lucky" dice (mangled dice with particular corners more rounded) trying to roll a load of triple sixes in front of witnesses.

You didn't read the DDO producers letter then, it's even shorter than the Lotro one, I think it could have used more stuff in it but it did give some idea as to what could be coming this year for the game.

That's the great irony of Turbine and SSG: LotRO was the millstone, while DDO was the passion project.  I've enjoyed DDO when I was playing it (it's F2P), but you had better know D&D 3.5 as it's really easy to screw up a character build if you don't know what you're doing.

It's very easy to screw up a build if you don't pay attention to what's going on, that said I've made some flavor builds for the fun of it to see what I could do, and others have been abject failures, lol, live and learn I guess.