LOTROCommunity
Sign in to follow this  
Talisman

Be Virtuous!

4 hours ago, LasraelLarson said:

if you are just starting out, this new system is initially fairly decent as you can slot 5 choices immediately & begin leveling those (one at a time) immediately.  so initially for a new person, getting virtue traits leveled is going to be much quicker than it used to be when a deed was locked to a certain virtue.

if you have just one spec of 5 traits & that is it...  this new system will be OK & less work than previously.

"IF CLAUSE INCOMING!"

"if" virtues remain unchanged (they keep there current values & aren't swapped again) & no other new virtues are added...

&

"if" virtues remain at level 60...  (((they won't but will go up when the level cap goes up, so you'll be doing more work when the level cap raises.)))

the new system is OK...  "IF"  ;)

for anyone wanting more than one 5 virtue spec, (or even a completionists) SSG just added another massive MASSIVE grind.  & you can bank on the level 60 cap raising with the next level cap increase.

so short term, this new system is going to feel OK.  as time wears on, folk will be as sick of it as they are the LI grind (and every other system grind in this game & there are plenty.)

Cordovan was reading some document on it and mentioned ranks above 60. Can't escape a level rise with the expansion.

All current characters did receive higher ranks to put a veil over how much more unfair it will be to new characters. 

As to the new virtue, other than to form a nice 3 X 7 grid who knows why they bothered when we can only slot 5 anyway.

But having worked on old deeds on my 4 mains since the patch it's really hitting home how much more advantageous it is on the toon with huge gaps in the virtue deeding. She's working through the last area deeds now. A Champ so Wisdom and Honesty are parked along with Patience at 54/55. All the others are capped at 60 and it's all going into Wit at rank 6 now and will be 21 when done with old deeds. My hunter was just short 15 deed completion so could only get the 5 slotted to max. At least I have no plans to level another toon...

Mac

On 6/8/2019 at 5:08 PM, Macdui101 said:

Cordovan was reading some document on it and mentioned ranks above 60. Can't escape a level rise with the expansion.

and yet, the fact remains they just raised each virtue trait deed by 10, for those @20 previously.  so the 20 existing virtues (even though they aren't all in their original states) to max those is an additional 200 deeds.

and then there is the new virtue, "Wit."  to max that is an additional 60 full completion of deeds that give deed points, (not all do.)

All current characters did receive higher ranks to put a veil over how much more unfair it will be to new characters.

to max just 5 virtue traits from scratch will require completing 300 deeds that grant points (not all do.)  but who starting out is going to use the exact same 5 virtues when leveling a basic character through to cap and finally end game content?  no one actually playing the game, would be my answer.

you will need more than 5 maxed.  and assuming they never add another virtue, or change existing virtues...

because from game launch under Turbine, transition to Warner & now under Daybreak...  Lotro's itemization and stats have remained soo utterly consistent, RIGHT?! [/end sarcasm]

... hell, there are folk who do not even remember just HOW MUCH Fate did back when Helms Deep launched, or Vitality for that matter...  let alone days when Will determined power pool, or stats having hard caps @10X.  & lets not even get into the introduction & removal of radiance, or the later reintroduction of it in 2 parts, first with Finesse around Riders of Rohan & then with Light of Earendil in Mordor.

the only thing consistent has been the dial turning all over the board, almost without fail resetting everything.  to the point i would say is intentional.

As to the new virtue, other than to form a nice 3 X 7 grid who knows why they bothered when we can only slot 5 anyway.

showing up front what is available, does make for interesting data gathering.  it gives insight into what players (when given the full menu of choice) are chosing, new, old, raiders, PvMP, etc.

now if i really believed that was going to be used to improve itemization through the whole game, i may be slightly more inclined to get on board.

but history shows me Lotros Devs have lacked in this area since ALL THE WAY back to Shadows of Angmar, and even then to a degree, but very much more so from that point on.

if anything, this will help them reset things, YET AGAIN when they want folk to grind Vs having a steady cadence of new content, multiple times a year.

and that is the biggest takeaway for me.  they just reintroduced more grind to a system that folk already were complaining about grind on.  & it will go up with cap increases & it potentially could go up more if they swap more existing stats, or ad a 22, 23, or even 24 virtue trait at some point.

because it is a awfully convenient distraction from finding the sweet spot and producing content with a frequent cadence, or actually having legitimate itemization depth ranging across robust crafting, variety of content rewards & compelling loot. 

who needs that when there is a store...  or worse random luck loot boxes, where you have a chance at paying to win something.

instead we have Lord of the Hamster Wheels within Wheels Online.  oh look, they just increased the time it takes to seem viable...  AGAIN!

woah betides us all; won't anyone ever scry the mystery of why this game isn't the greatest market hit, or why the player-base does not grow...  🙄

a POX of shire dwelling rainbow & sunset watching flower sniffers upon them!  @ this point, they deserve nothing more.  😉

• Upvote 1

Didn't they say they're going to be awarding VXP in festivals? Sounds like the festival fags got upset that not enough people were paying attention to their minority interest, so SSG have kindly gone and made them a necessity for virtues, too. If you can't fill the seats with actual content, you might as well hold stats up as a ransom.

5 minutes ago, Doro said:

Didn't they say they're going to be awarding VXP in festivals? Sounds like the festival fags got upset that not enough people were paying attention to their minority interest, so SSG have kindly gone and made them a necessity for virtues, too. If you can't fill the seats with actual content, you might as well hold stats up as a ransom.

i think that might be for things like the seasonal instances they added, which are hacked off old raids.  currently it is Summer Fest with Thrang (Rift Boss segment) & the picnic instance & Winter Fest is Storvagun (Helegrod Giant Boss) & Frostbluff battle.  they added a new region for the Fall Fest, but i don't recall an instance.

i don't think any of the original festival content gives any virtue deed XP.

but not sure on that...   ;)

if this is to steer festival fishers and flower patch pickers into raiding...  can't see that working out so well.

unless i am mistaken, this will be targeted to folk who currently grind the shit out of instances like Anvil, or the Mordor instances when that launched, etc.

1 hour ago, LasraelLarson said:

... the picnic instance...

Hold on, hold on, HOLD ON... there's an actual fucking picnic instance?

Image result for david mitchell laughing gif

1 hour ago, Doro said:

Didn't they say they're going to be awarding VXP in festivals? Sounds like the festival fags got upset that not enough people were paying attention to their minority interest, so SSG have kindly gone and made them a necessity for virtues, too. 

Adding Virtue XP to festivals would be too sensible a measure to mitigate the VXP grind... So SSG, with their cranial-rectal-inversion-syndrome, added Virtue XP to festival wrapper quests *only*. So a toon can get very limited VXP, once per festival, by grinding daily festival completions to get the quest completions count up to 10, then 10 x 3, then 10 x 5 just to get a few crumbs of that "extra" VXP festival bonus tucked into the "complete five completions of ten festival dailies" quest reward.  Hence upsetting both regulars and festival fags, who have mastered the skill of crying and swallowing at the same time.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Doro said:

- Deeds that used to award a virtue will now award 2000 virtue experience. Deeds that used to award two virtue ranks will now award 4000 virtue experience.
- Featured Challenge quests and the Vales of Anduin endgame weekly quests offer virtue xp as an additional reward.
- Summer Festival: Forgotten Errands, Too Much Festival, Thrâng's Challenge, and the Heat of Summer wrappers now award virtue xp.
- Fall: Valuables Gone Astray, Gourds and Goblins, and the Bountiful Harvest wrappers now award virtue xp.
- Yule: The Traitor's Loyalty, Seasonal: Storvâgûn's Riches, and the Festive Flurry wrappers now award virtue xp.
- Spring: A Fistful of Flowers, Pretty Parched Party-goers!, and the Bustling Bloom wrappers now award virtue xp.
- Anniversary: The Yearly Yield wrappers now award virtue xp.
- Eyes & Guard Tavern: Temerity once again has 3 different virtue quests. Each will award you some virtue xp for your earning virtue and an assortment of virtue xp items.

https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthread.php?673033-Bullroarer-Update-24-Preview-3-Release-Notes&p=7936256#post7936256

nTo clear up some maths: It takes 43 virtue deeds to max out a virtue under the new system. The release had 31 deeds done and one more completion max out a virtue. Done purely to hide the inherent unfairness for new players/toons. No clue why you'd do this unless you are crap at maths or you hate working on the game.

You get 2000 VXP from a deed. Costs to rank up increase as you get higher ranks. Start at 1000 stepping up each ten ranks; 1000, 1100, 1200, 1300, 1400, 1500 then ramps up to 2000 above 55. Old system was an effective max of 30, going to 60 now means you would need two ranks up each time to match the old advancement. You get this for the first 10 ranks then you start to loose.

Some will inevitably see the gaining of two ranks as somehow better than the old system that only ranked once. The same who are blinded during the brown nosing procedure. It's like the government devaluing the currency by half and you being happy with a small pay rise. You are getting shafted. 

There is enough VXP in the approximately 600 deeds on the old game to max out only 14 virtues with the other 7 at zero or rank all 21 to around rank 41. I don't want to think what kind of festival grinding you'd have to do to stand a chance of capping all virtues by the level cap. With a number of festival vxp quests involving instances and level setting will the vxp rewarded be less for lower tier and Level selection? With the greater number of virtue earning deeds in the early game you are going to have to avoid deed completions or risk always having overflow going to irrelevant virtues. In the middle game where virtue earning is much less you might need a bank of deeds to top up slotted ranks. Really you'd need to hit every festival to the max to earn it while it's available and have old deed completions at the ready to finish off selected virtues when you reach the game's level cap.  If you start out thinking you can rank them all up as you go it might start fine but the lack of virtues earning deeds later will hit home maybe to late too change the plan.

The "easy" out from the grind is to buy and use valar items at the last possible level use requirement, you'll want to hide the stigma of a valar user. You'd have to prep for this however. At 105 your virtue cap will be 52 and using all the VXP pills will have overflow going to the useless virtues. But maybe that's doesn't matter so much if maxing out all are the goal. But ideally you'd want to apply the pills at the level cap which is easy to get to well before you reach the end game content.

The VXP pills for the 105 one are 5 X 70,000 and 15 X 20,000, 20 in all. You'd have to have a store of 43 old deeds to handle the missing pill. Get 5 virtues only up around rank 20 to take the whole of the big pill. Get 15 only to rank 50 to take the lower pill.  If you can't live without capping your slotted virtues you can just suck up overflow going elsewhere. But even with this huge advantage coming from a valar purchase you are still going to have to do the festival grind, the vxp from the purchase only just gets you in the ball park of where the current capped player is now. 

Now will SSG get around to doing some of the maths on just how disadvantaged a new player will be and make some adjustments or are they banking on getting them to accept the festival grind? Will their bribe to existing players doom those coming later?

Mac

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Wrath of Winter said:

Hence upsetting both regulars and festival fags, who have mastered the skill of crying and swallowing at the same time.

I can't say I've ever heard a gargling scree or a gargling squee. I imagine they both sound the same.

That shit is just too funny.

SSG seem intent on driving the raider and festival crowd into conflict. It's all about it works in DDO, the only game they play, so why not Lotro as well? Because this isn't bloody DDO!

Your raider want to farm an instance to login the next toon quicker. Your n00b want to have everything explained and thinks that you can relay 12 years experience in a line or two of text. Literally the instance challenge is the n00b who will utterly waste the raiders time if there's a mechanic that can wipe the group.

Now we'll have the Raiders hit the festival metas and beat every n00b to the phasing drop to have them accuse you of stealing the object they were going to pick up as they ride up on their old nag to dismount and right click to use.

Raiders pleading for festival encores and extensions? 

Who is not going to immediately drop fellow for Thrang when you find your healer is named Dwinstrel and is asking for a hunter friend to join?

It's like putting Suni and Shite together because they are both Muslim and wonder why they are at each others throats. 

The reason why it works in DDO is that some of the items (like a cloak from the halloween festival) make sense to grind out multiple times as you can get versions at various levels, and as the cloak is a particularly good cloak that you can build around, it makes sense to do this especially since you carry all of your items through a reincarnate.

In LotRO, however, this doesn't work as LotRO needs to be a WoW clone that's good... so this kind of busywork just doesn't work.

• Upvote 1

18 hours ago, LasraelLarson said:

& lets not even get into the introduction & removal of radiance, or the later reintroduction of it in 2 parts, first with Finesse around Riders of Rohan & then with Light of Earendil in Mordor.

correction:  Finesse was introduced with Rise of Isengard...  i've been looking things up ;)

17 hours ago, Doro said:

i guess so...  but lets just say you have a play session that lasts between 4 and 5 hours...  on any given fest day you will see between 10 & 50 calls an hour for Storv & or Thrang... the SPAM is real.  whereas the picnic and frostbluff battle, you might see one or two call in the entire session, sometime nothing.  both depending on day of the week.

perhaps those other instances don't require as much group-work, who can say?  not me anyway, i have never run any of those festival instances.

13 hours ago, Talisman said:

- Deeds that used to award a virtue will now award 2000 virtue experience. Deeds that used to award two virtue ranks will now award 4000 virtue experience.

notice the amount of virtue XP is listed.

13 hours ago, Talisman said:

- Featured Challenge quests and the Vales of Anduin endgame weekly quests offer virtue xp as an additional reward.
- Summer Festival: Forgotten Errands, Too Much Festival, Thrâng's Challenge, and the Heat of Summer wrappers now award virtue xp.
- Fall: Valuables Gone Astray, Gourds and Goblins, and the Bountiful Harvest wrappers now award virtue xp.
- Yule: The Traitor's Loyalty, Seasonal: Storvâgûn's Riches, and the Festive Flurry wrappers now award virtue xp.
- Spring: A Fistful of Flowers, Pretty Parched Party-goers!, and the Bustling Bloom wrappers now award virtue xp.
- Anniversary: The Yearly Yield wrappers now award virtue xp.
- Eyes & Guard Tavern: Temerity once again has 3 different virtue quests. Each will award you some virtue xp for your earning virtue and an assortment of virtue xp items.

that looks to be the rest of the comprehensive list.  only thing i would point out is missing...  the actual VXP values that will be awarded.  my guess is it is far less than the 2000 VXP from proper deeds.  just how far less will be interesting to see when the next fest pops.

11 hours ago, Macdui101 said:

nTo clear up some maths:

... detailing the murky convoluted details obfuscating the massive shift that just transpired*

to get back to me and looking stuff up online.  ;)

waaaaaay back when Lotro launched with a deed cap at level 10, and originally 8 slots that was reduced to 5 in the first official patch.  here is what they looked like back in 2007:

image.thumb.png.78840da406f6bca43f4d4a0a8d597dc3.png

that virtue max of "10" remained in place right up until Rise of Isengard in September of 2011, where it increased to "12."  so from April 2007 until September 2011, (4+ years) we had 10 levels to virtues.

in March of 2012 that "12" max quickly increased to "14" with the release of Update 6: Shores of the Great River.

"14" became "16" in October of 2012 with Update 8: Riders of Rohan.

"16" became "18" in November 2013 with Update 12: Helms Deep.

"18" became...  "19" in July 2014 with Update 14: Paths of the Dead (W.Gondor).

& "19" became "20" in August 2017 with Update 21: Mordor Expansion.

that above"20" got converted to an entirely new system, which elevated it to a new value at "50".  & the current max in the new system, with new values is "60".  new players with that ancient max of "10" are not going to have the same values we had @ "10" back in 2007.  though they will get to 10 (in theory) much faster than we did.

regardless, the old system which was a tad grindy already, just got a whole lot more grindy.

12 hours ago, Macdui101 said:

There is enough VXP in the approximately 600 deeds on the old game to max out only 14 virtues with the other 7 at zero or rank all 21 to around rank 41. I don't want to think what kind of festival grinding you'd have to do to stand a chance of capping all virtues by the level cap.

all this without the current "60" max getting raised with the potential expansion coming. and considering that at level 50 cap we were maxxed at "10" & it took 12 years and 70 more levels to double that...  they just hit the gas in a massive way.  in spite of the obfuscation, deeds have been reset & the new reality is MANY times more grindy.

not to mention if they decide the addition of "WIT" needs more additions, (and existing values get another shift in the process.)

12 hours ago, Macdui101 said:

The "easy" out from the grind is to buy and use valar items

give it a while for the slower folk in the player-base, who still haven't realized what just happened to catch up.  other outs will start showing up in the store.

• Upvote 1

I think the community is far too self centred these days, only a few look at the broader picture. No one with any sense of it is levelling a toon to max right now. If you're new to virtues you won't know that you've been shafted. The usual muppets SSG harvest will have no clue anyway.

Maybe they are waiting for a ground swell of peeps demanding store bought virtues, but maybe this time in being very clear about virtues no longer via the store they mean it for now. The reason is their ever present need to have peeps engaged in whatever piece of new tech they add so they can demonstrate to the suits the budget spent on it was justified. Like BBs getting a whole load of BiS jewels, first agers and gold essence dropping to get us playing them. Then Cordy can do his usual "Seems <insert crappy tech name here> is very popular with the players". Only because the carrot was compelling. Gold Essence in the festival instance anyone? Oh how popular was doing regurgitated old content that we'd done to death years ago?

It only takes one ghost post on the OFs for Sev to do his "listening to the feedback on the forums we are" and we have virtue tomes back in store. 

I don't open Lootboxes these day, there was some hint that the Adventurer one would drop a virtue tome, it's on the wiki. But I don't know if this is still the case. Someone would have to have the RNG Gods favour them given the likely drop rate to find out. Maybe SSG will just wait for some serial key buyer to get one, post in chat and then more keys get sold. They are adamant that Lootboxes are here to stay and it could turn out to be just another thing to get more folk buying them. 

The idea to revamp was ok but as usual the design was poor, the implementation needed a couple of rounds more in beta to save it. Once the dye was cast on release there was no turning back. Now it's up to The Community Misleader to vaguely go where only Sapience has gone before and bluff it out.

Mac

• Upvote 1

19 hours ago, Doro said:

Yep. During the Summer Festival. It's called the Perfect Picnic, and it takes place in Greenhills Country in The Shire. It's more like a skirmish. Your goal is to escort Penny the pony to a picnic spot on a hill, while battling fire- and heat-based illusions, including drakes, fire grims, worms, etc. At one point, you go through Woodhall, where you have to thwart Hungry Hobbits. There are also optional encounters.When you get to the picnic spot, you have to protect the picnic food from a swarm of bugs and hobbits that are trying steal it. At some point, the final boss will spawn.

The main reason to run it is for special tokens, which you can trade for cosmetic pets, a stead (of course), and a picnic blanket housing item. And now, to earn VXP. It can be run solo, or in 3, 6, or 12-man groups (supposedly, each has a separate chest, but when I ran it last year, I first ran it solo, and then in a group, but I didn't get any rewards for the group).

It's not a terribly hard instance, but it does take some coordination at the end because a lot of enemies swarm, especially in the raid.

Isn't there a Frosty the Snowman instance? It must be the Festive Flurry one I guess.

All the Festival VXP quests are for the wrapper quests. The norm is that you have the days to complete the overall wrapper during the main event but rarely for any encore. Even a hotfix or two can throw out your plans for completing the wrapper.

We have just 5 festivals listed, not Farmers Fair for some reason (maybe TBD) and we have from one to four vxp wrappers in any specific festival. I'd have to imagine that each festival would produce the same amount of VXP overall.

Lets assume it's six each year and lets be super generous, call the reward for one festival completed to be 10,000 VXP. So in a year that's 60,000 VXP.

Now what kind of hole does that fill for a new player or any of us having a stroke and deciding to level up a new toon>

It's a given that any new toon will be a massive deed completionist now. That would earn 1,200,000 ish  - rank 20/30 on all 20 virtues previously,  all pre U24 content. It's a bit less but we are being generous.

With 85,000 VXP to fully rank a virtue from scratch now the amount we 'd need to max all 21 is 1,785,000 VXP. Giving us a gap to fill of 585,000 VXP with new sources. I'll leave out new and endgame sources, we are levelling a new toon here.

That's getting on towards ten festivals @ 10,000 VXP a time. Perhaps you take a Summer holiday and celebrate a yearly festival yourself so we might have to miss a couple.

If less generous @5,000 then it's 20 festivals, more generous @20,000 and it's only around five festivals - a year. Anyone have access to ask SSG how much these festival quest will reward? I've only seen speculation that it'll be around 2,000 VXP and you may as well just suck it up and wait for endgame weeklies. Investment of time verses reward choose your figure for compliance.

The problem is the system can't manage big hits of 20,000 at a time, it can't reasonably cope with normal metas completing for 6,000 VXP. 

When SSG actually do the maths do they leave it as it is and risk any new player being told there's no point ranking more than half there's not enough in the game to do any more? Maybe the idea is for new players to only have 5 to 8 virtues ranked up? Never to quite stand up against an old timer's stats. How would they change it, by lowering or cutting out the increasing costs? But we've had a week of virtue deeds being completed so it's already too late now. Put in more lower level restricted sources. Can't think of a better option right now.

Mac

2 hours ago, Macdui101 said:

Isn't there a Frosty the Snowman instance? It must be the Festive Flurry one I guess.

All the Festival VXP quests are for the wrapper quests. The norm is that you have the days to complete the overall wrapper during the main event but rarely for any encore. Even a hotfix or two can throw out your plans for completing the wrapper.

We have just 5 festivals listed, not Farmers Fair for some reason (maybe TBD) and we have from one to four vxp wrappers in any specific festival. I'd have to imagine that each festival would produce the same amount of VXP overall.

Yes, the Snowman instance takes place during Yule Fest.

IIRC, there's no wrapper quest for the Farmer's Faire Festival. That's probably because it's extremely easy to earn tokens, since both the Egg Scramble and Mushroom Hunt can be repeated hourly. The reward for completing the Egg Scramble is 5 tokens, and for completing Mushroom Hunt is 10. Plus, you get token for "consuming" the eggs and mushrooms.

7 minutes ago, Talisman said:

Yes, the Snowman instance takes place during Yule Fest.

IIRC, there's no wrapper quest for the Farmer's Faire Festival. That's probably because it's extremely easy to earn tokens, since both the Egg Scramble and Mushroom Hunt can be repeated hourly. The reward for completing the Egg Scramble is 5 tokens, and for completing Mushroom Hunt is 10. Plus, you get token for "consuming" the eggs and mushrooms.

Farmers really did me in. I have two toons on the Evernight top 10 leader board, can take no more. If only that prior effort could be rewarded with some VXP pills?

So we are down to 5 full festivals.

On 6/10/2019 at 9:26 PM, Macdui101 said:

The reason is their ever present need to have peeps engaged in whatever piece of new tech they add so they can demonstrate to the suits the budget spent on it was justified. Like BBs getting a whole load of BiS jewels, first agers and gold essence dropping to get us playing them.

Ooh soo VERY true!

well the jewelry isn't best in slot at cap, it is a stop gap until you actually acquire that BiS item (and the essences to go with.)  pre-cap however, it is usually BiS, with only a few exceptions.  the Blemished Eldar Symbols certainly help, & if you are doing 3 or 4 BB's a day & netting platinum boxes overall, you are looking at a minimum of one or 2 a week, quite possibly more.  then add that stars of merit are a sure fire barter for Anfalas Star-lit Crystals, which if you run 3-4 a day works out to about one per day.  the likely-hood of tier 10 - 12 stat tomes is also fairly decent & roughly share same odds with Blemished Eldar Symbols.  Platinum boxes have the highest chances, Gold less, Silver less still, and Bronze the smallest chance of all.

the gold essences are currently lvl 100, so there value is considerably diminished after every cap raise (120 currently.)  wouldn't actually consider these a draw anymore, as they no longer sell for 100+ gold...  you'll be lucky to get 10g now.

& all of the above plus the fact that at 100 BB points earned, you are granted a trait point for class trees & another at 200 BB points.

without question, without these carrots on a stick, BB's would have crashed harder than mounted combat.

the bulk of the player-base that does run these begrudgingly to gain the 200 points for 2 traits & even less to hit rank 6...   then converts to solely running Pelargir 6 mans for the loot mentioned above.

the EPIC Big Battles have never converted players on their own merits, which Turbine (at the time) shot themselves in the foot, because until you rank to 6 at minimum, you have no clue the impact you can actually have, as for the most part, your actual class strengths are inconsequential, but for the odd boss in a couple instances.  so the desire to actually grind out and advance yet another "SYSTEM" allowing you to have a big impact is a hurdle the bulk of players won't even bother with.  & i can't say i blame any of them either.  initially they are as boring as fuck without being fully ranked and understanding each profession & it's impact.

& even fully ranked, unless you are running with folk who are also ranked up and understand the mechanics and flow, they can still be nothing more than a headache.

so it is no surprise, even with all the loot carrots and after all these years, getting 11 other players competent enough to score a platinum run on the 12 man, simply doesn't happen.  after 200 points and rank 6, it is all Pelargir spam & very little else& that right there is proof just how badly EPIC Big battles failed to deliver!

if anyone in a suit actually had a clue what to look for, SSG might actually have to sweat a little hoping for the next green light on any new system.  frankly there are already too many Systems to grind as is.  the ship is system bloated!  i can't imagine anyone ACTUALLY new wanting to jump on board the moment they realize the state of affairs this game suffers under.

• Upvote 1

It's basically a house of cards with SSG playing the suit on one side and the players on the others. It's worked like that for years, but less and less people around the office seems to have escaped them. 

At a point where changes in stat caps/diminishing returns and stats from other sources matched up those gold BB pieces with % buffs then come back into mix in raids for some classes.

16 hours ago, Macdui101 said:

At a point where changes in stat caps/diminishing returns and stats from other sources matched up those gold BB pieces with % buffs then come back into mix in raids for some classes.

ah yes the gold rings, (no earring, bracelet or necklace versions) the ones SSG nerfed not even 3 days after release.

yet again an example of SSG not fixing a mistake of their making, all the original earned kept their original stats.  those finger-rings had 2 types, one very desirable (Vitality) & one much less soo (Fate.) & even with basic 120 essence slots, those rings were BiS, (now with tier 3 essences especially.)  that said they have a drop rate worse than Blemished Symbols, but you can still acquire them if you run enough BB's.  if you do manage to get the desired ring, it still won't match up to someone who got theirs in the first couple days.

but the teal jewelry that is fairly easy to acquire, whilst not BiS is more than sufficient for ALL generic landscape & will see you through the content until you can grind out the other BiS items that require much more grind to acquire.

it is nice to see folk on OF talking about the lack of directed overflow in the new system & awareness of how capping everything now will not be an easy task.  you will need to stay on top of what gets leveled first & the choice alternatives, so that you aren't stuck having leveled something not needed, whilst behind the 8 ball trying to max what you do want.

new folk are soo screwed.  to generate the same passives as seasoned players, they are in for a ridiculous grind.  something even seasoned players are going to have to do to a degree if they want more than just 5 options.

all this without SSG at any point in the future simply adding another "Wit" and shuffling the existing in the process & causing another reset.

& when the new store options are introduced to alleviate the mess of SSG's own creation...  will anyone actually be surprised?

Exposing SSG is why a lot of us end up here.

The White Knights aren't in play yet. The simpler game mechanics is beyond them so add in some actual maths and it'll have their brains shutdown.

Only way to prep for the next intern to screw up is to cap all virtues. 

But to have a hole in the system for new players that's nearly as big as all the old virtue deeds put together is asinine. That it turns everyone into a completionist yet still offers them no catch up and a moving goal post on a cap level rise. DUMB

Yet most will just never get to that realisation, they be grinding away without a clue it will always be out of reach.

Did you pick up the inference of Blue Post trolling is against the rules? 

Mac

5 hours ago, Macdui101 said:

Exposing SSG is why a lot of us end up here.

The White Knights aren't in play yet. The simpler game mechanics is beyond them so add in some actual maths and it'll have their brains shutdown.

Only way to prep for the next intern to screw up is to cap all virtues. 

But to have a hole in the system for new players that's nearly as big as all the old virtue deeds put together is asinine. That it turns everyone into a completionist yet still offers them no catch up and a moving goal post on a cap level rise. DUMB

Yet most will just never get to that realisation, they be grinding away without a clue it will always be out of reach.

Did you pick up the inference of Blue Post trolling is against the rules? 

Mac

Amusingly, as I had completed **A LOT** of the deeds a long time ago, I came through with an average of rank 53 on almost all of my virtues.

Yeah take the bribe and sing SSGs praises :)

You might quite possibly be the lucky bastard who's hit the sweet spot of the rank transfer. Not too few that the cost increases get you later and not too many that you have too few deeds available left to do. A Goldilocks character. 

2 minutes ago, Macdui101 said:

You might quite possibly be the lucky bastard who's hit the sweet spot of the rank transfer.

Sometimes it's better to be lucky than good =P

Downside is that I'm ranking up Wit right now as I don't have the levels to actually start working on the primary virtues.

After the initial look at the stats they chose for Wit I realised they wouldn't add so much. Adding both Phy and Tact mastery is wasting a space for something else on most classes, does having both of these make it still useful for Cappies? We don't know if Wit in particular will get a buff at some point. They can literally play with the values anytime they like if they want a good laugh.

Yeah you can't avoid most Explorer deeds completing as you quest through. You can avoid finishing advanced slayers for a savings account when you can rank you favourites. In the Vales the slayer numbers are set oddly low like they don't want anyone to save for the inevitable cap rise in the expansion.