LOTROCommunity
Sign in to follow this  
Talisman

Be Virtuous!

2 hours ago, Macdui101 said:

After the initial look at the stats they chose for Wit I realised they wouldn't add so much. Adding both Phy and Tact mastery is wasting a space for something else on most classes, does having both of these make it still useful for Cappies? We don't know if Wit in particular will get a buff at some point. They can literally play with the values anytime they like if they want a good laugh.

Yeah you can't avoid most Explorer deeds completing as you quest through. You can avoid finishing advanced slayers for a savings account when you can rank you favourites. In the Vales the slayer numbers are set oddly low like they don't want anyone to save for the inevitable cap rise in the expansion.

Wit is getting leveled as it is literally the only virtue that I don't have a rank in, and I want the points to go SOMEWHERE marginally useful as I'm lower level.  Now that I have a better grasp on the system, I'm going to probably run a few skirms with a bunch of XP boosters to help powerlevel myself so that I can start contributing to Discipline, Fidelity, Honour, Innocence, and Tolerance for my virtues as that should give me a decent baseline defensive stats that I can add to with my LI relics, and then use the essences to properly build things out to cap.

The advantage to this is that I can use most of my gear to be largely offensive, and as most of the gear will be focused around might and crit (as most of the defensive stats should be taken care of), the remainder of my deeds can be thrown at the virtues - so in this case, I'm just lucky with the virtue rework as I basically stopped prior to MT and have a whole lot of deeds left from the Great River forward as I really didn't see the point in doing the slayer deeds.

10 hours ago, Macdui101 said:

the stats they chose for Wit

both Phy and Tact mastery is wasting a space for something else on most classes

which is why i can foresee SSG adding another virtue in the future and splitting either the physical, or tactical up and pairing it with something from other virtues, resetting everything.

anyway, the reason i previously made the labor of highlighting the past virtue rank progression over the years:

On 6/10/2019 at 8:15 PM, LasraelLarson said:

Lotro launched with a deed cap at level 10

that virtue max of "10" remained in place right up until Rise of Isengard in September of 2011, where it increased to "12."  so from April 2007 until September 2011, (4+ years) we had 10 levels to virtues.

in March of 2012 that "12" max quickly increased to "14" with the release of Update 6: Shores of the Great River.

"14" became "16" in October of 2012 with Update 8: Riders of Rohan.

"16" became "18" in November 2013 with Update 12: Helms Deep.

"18" became...  "19" in July 2014 with Update 14: Paths of the Dead (W.Gondor).

& "19" became "20" in August 2017 with Update 21: Mordor Expansion.

is to highlight the fact that they disguised 10 additional levels added in incredibly short order.

if the old system was in place, we would now be at level 30 for virtues.  a jump of 10 levels (20 - 30.)  that is bigger than anything we've had in the past & they already intend to jump up again with the potential expansion.

so why are they flooring the gas-pedal?  why now?

23 minutes ago, LasraelLarson said:

To pretend to be answering player requests, and to hook yet another system to the store when their solution proves to be poorly designed.

2 hours ago, LasraelLarson said:

They're hitting the WoW problem of stat scaling, where each expansion needs to increase exponentially over the last, so the virtues need to scale up exponentially or they stop mattering.

13 hours ago, Macdui101 said:

After the initial look at the stats they chose for Wit I realised they wouldn't add so much. Adding both Phy and Tact mastery is wasting a space for something else on most classes, does having both of these make it still useful for Cappies? We don't know if Wit in particular will get a buff at some point. They can literally play with the values anytime they like if they want a good laugh.

It's not bad for a bear, since roars and heals are tact based and the rest is phys based. That's the only class I really got to grips with during my recent stint, so I don't know if any other classes have a similar split.

There has to be a good many at SSG in complete denial. Some have hung on to some morals, can't bring themselves to post shit on the forums so they get Cord to do it for them. Others can stay in their own bubble like Chris Person and MoL and never stray out of their remit. They have survived this long after all. We have SSGPanda trolling to diffuse matters when they are found out, trying to justify shitty store items/costs and relying on the Blue Title that sways all the numpties, the last shit to suggest that they didn't have a monumental hole in the virtue system because of festivals and endgame weeklies. We do have Vastin covering for the shit his colleagues/boss are dumping on the game how long can he put up with it?

Management who don't even like the game. Cord on DDO streams has me associate the word "competent" with what I see. Bumbling moron on Lotro. It's like a concerted effort to draw competent gamers to DDO and shitty no hopers to Lotro. You have to have a very low bar to see his Mordor video and think that's the game for me. How anyone at SSG can look at the official stream and think it adequately promotes the game is beyond me. Even that deluded Sanders woman had her limits. 

Has Sev gotten a character beyond the Shire even? You are probably treated like scum around the office if you still play or prefer Lotro.  Any shit you do in Lotro just needs a corresponding piece of metrics to tell the boss and the suit it's working as intended. But never-mind it's only Lotro...

But what do you do if you have no clue? Bluff it out.

8 hours ago, Almagnus1 said:

They're hitting the WoW problem of stat scaling, where each expansion needs to increase exponentially over the last, so the virtues need to scale up exponentially or they stop mattering.

heh.  so we have stat bloat over here...  to fix this, lets not dial the existing bloat back, rather lets propagate it everywhere to all corners of the game.  🙄  who cares if the areas lacking stat bloat require we release in a single update the same amount we released over the past 12 years...

wonder how that impacts existing level scaling, or any future intentions to add?  surely this won't run away even further on them...   :P

10 hours ago, Talisman said:

to hook yet another system to the store when their solution proves to be poorly designed.

oh the store will certainly come into play EVEN MORE.  we have all seen this multiple times over in the past, now they are just accelerating.  with multiple examples in play, poor design is the intention.

2 hours ago, Macdui101 said:

It's like a concerted effort to draw competent gamers to DDO and shitty no hopers to Lotro.

uh no.

both games suffer like ass & both games are losing population.  DDO is every bit the slug as Lotro, just with a dodge mechanic and an overly complex build system that requires a stomach to endure.

each game may have a small bump from content, but the height they regain falls well short of past benchmarks.  both games are in an overall losing trend.  DDO seems less so because they have a MUCH smaller base (comprised almost entirely of old long term players who to a great degree suffer from sunken cost fallacy & rather than start out from scratch in something new and better, they will stay till the lights go out.)  something both games, again have in common.

competent gamers on the whole are actually leaving the MMO genre behind and playing other genres.  because competent gamers want to practice core combat mechanics and GET GOOD... over spending months on end grinding out incremental stat gains gaining numerical advantage, repeatedly.

if that is actually the modus operandi driving the decisions, it will fail spectacularly.  anyone who wanted to try both games has, if the conversion was going to happen, it would have already transpired.

more than likely is the realization that they have a core of sunken costs players, who they are under orders from Corp to milk harder.  which as a strategy has a shelf life because ever increasingly the remaining players begin to feel...

thin, sort of stretched, like butter scraped over too much bread.

Zero mention of virtues on the stream, maybe none of them have the capacity to do maths.

Anyone know if QuartermasterU did a bad rep change to SSG_RedPanda? His ignorant trolling has a familiar touch. Timelines fit his fall from grace.

3 hours ago, LasraelLarson said:

heh.  so we have stat bloat over here...  to fix this, lets not dial the existing bloat back, rather lets propagate it everywhere to all corners of the game.  🙄  who cares if the areas lacking stat bloat require we release in a single update the same amount we released over the past 12 years...

wonder how that impacts existing level scaling, or any future intentions to add?  surely this won't run away even further on them...   :P

the great irony is that a level 120 char probably has so much stats behind them that they could solo all downlevel raids - especially if they're on a class with some self healing capability.

On 6/14/2019 at 1:37 PM, Macdui101 said:

Anyone know if QuartermasterU did a bad rep change to SSG_RedPanda? His ignorant trolling has a familiar touch. Timelines fit his fall from grace.

Don't they both task the same roles for SSG? I hadn't paid attention to any correlation to one ceasing activity and the others emergence. I did note SSG_RedPanda recently edited one of Cordovan's post concerning the last patch where Cord used the word magic in place of tactical. Has QuartermasterU ever made similar editing to any CM's posting?

11 hours ago, Macdui101 said:

Yay! I earned 100 VXP at the festival today. Two quests mind you...

haven't seen the festival stuff yet.  so is 100 VXP the standard for festival quests?  do the wrappers have more?  festival instances?

regardless, if it is repeatable fest after fest, over a long time, that could make up the difference, though every cap raise will push that timeline further down the track.

1 hour ago, Splay said:

Don't they both task the same roles for SSG? I hadn't paid attention to any correlation to one ceasing activity and the others emergence. I did note SSG_RedPanda recently edited one of Cordovan's post concerning the last patch where Cord used the word magic in place of tactical. Has QuartermasterU ever made similar editing to any CM's posting?

Jacob "QuarterMasterU" Lee started at Turbine on DDO in October 2011, added Lotro in May 2014, transitioned too SSG and left the latter company in October 2017.  https://www.linkedin.com/in/jacobdlee/

Johnny "SSG RedPanda" Liu started at Turbine as a QA in July 2014 and left in May 2017.  SSG rehired him in May 2018.  https://www.linkedin.com/in/johnny-liu/

the "Hats" aka "Titles" they wore may have different names, functionally, they were both "marketing."

3 hours ago, LasraelLarson said:

haven't seen the festival stuff yet.  so is 100 VXP the standard for festival quests?  do the wrappers have more?  festival instances?

regardless, if it is repeatable fest after fest, over a long time, that could make up the difference, though every cap raise will push that timeline further down the track.

Jacob "QuarterMasterU" Lee started at Turbine on DDO in October 2011, added Lotro in May 2014, transitioned too SSG and left the latter company in October 2017.  https://www.linkedin.com/in/jacobdlee/

Johnny "SSG RedPanda" Liu started at Turbine as a QA in July 2014 and left in May 2017.  SSG rehired him in May 2018.  https://www.linkedin.com/in/johnny-liu/

the "Hats" aka "Titles" they wore may have different names, functionally, they were both "marketing."

Appreciate the staffing history. The timing had the whiff of a bad rep name change ala Devilled_Egg. I had thought he was just avoiding live streams, may have been more serious.

VXP: We have 3 five day wrappers, first awards 1000 VXP, can only speculate the reward from the next two. The festival long wrapper doesn't award VXP.

We also have these two 50 VXP dailies that can be done every day, festival and encore. An encore will likely have room to fit one 5 day. Either way it's a drop in the ocean for a new player who wants what the older characters have gotten in the transfer bribe.

Just with these figures we can figure on a year around festival not even making a dent. Ball park 190 weeks if the 580,000 hole is to be recouped.