LOTROCommunity
Sign in to follow this  
Talisman

22 Hours

5 minutes ago, Doro said:

I'd take a wild stab in the dark and say the sycophants that post that sort of shit don't just view LotRO as a game, but as the main "hobby" in their life. To us, it's just a minor laugh that we dip our toes into when we fuck with them, but to them it's actually a keystone to their sense of purpose. They've made the whole thing so important to them that they've developed a pseudo-Stockholm syndrome to the company behind it, and because it's important to them they think they're somehow important to the company in turn. In their mind, they've finally found a place where they belong and believe they matter, so they'll do and say whatever they can to protect that fragile position. They've got nothing else, and if I were a more empathetic cunt, I'd feel sorry for them. But I don't, the fucking losers.

There is definitely some co-dependence going on.  "Please SSG let me know how Lotro is doing, so I know how I'm doing."  TTFN everybody,  I'll pop by in ten years when those last two millionaire whales give up and this rotting zombie of a game finally dies.

• Like 1

Send cookies? WTF! It's not they at SSG are going through a real hurricane and require disaster relief. If anything SSG needs swift kick in the ass for allowing themselves to be in this position. The whole thing is quite embarrassing.

• Like 1

I can remember the last time they had a long outage, this time it wasnt their fault, people were praising them for all the hard work they were doing to get the game back online.  The issues was something to do with their ISP.  I posted on the forum thanking the staff at the ISP for getting the issue fix as Turbine, who still operated the game at that time, had posted that there was nothing they could do.

Well next thing I know I get an infraction fro Sapience for trolling

The "send cookies" thing is particularly insane.  

2 minutes ago, cossieuk said:

I can remember the last time they had a long outage, this time it wasnt their fault, people were praising them for all the hard work they were doing to get the game back online.  The issues was something to do with their ISP.  I posted on the forum thanking the staff at the ISP for getting the issue fix as Turbine, who still operated the game at that time, had posted that there was nothing they could do.

Well next thing I know I get an infraction fro Sapience for trolling

I remember that.  He was trying to simultaneously claim that the issue wasn't their fault, but also that they (turbine) heroically fixed it.  Asshat.

6 minutes ago, warspeech said:

I remember that.  He was trying to simultaneously claim that the issue wasn't their fault, but also that they (turbine) heroically fixed it.  Asshat.

Oh yeah, that rings a bell. They wouldn't take any blame, but they were happy to take credit, even though it was supposedly nothing to do with them to start with.

Just 50 minutes left for their latest ETA... Will they have the balls to announce yet another one or will they try to sneak past it all and into the weekend?

The fucking timing of me checking this.

2019-03-08 22_40_19-Greenshot.png

Edit: 76 hours and counting.

31 minutes ago, MusicMachine said:

Just 50 minutes left for their latest ETA... Will they have the balls to announce yet another one or will they try to sneak past it all and into the weekend?

20 minutes, isn't it? Still crickets, so at least another extension forthcoming. From what was spilled over livestream, they had to get external contractors involved for cabling issues so now it's all in the hands of union fellas who won't be pressed for weekend overtime and successful resolution of whatever the hell is on that "list of issues with some checks on them" is contingent on SSG's place in that external service queue.

Edited to add: Ah, seeing Doro's post now. So Monday it is then, if then. Heading offline for a peaceful couple days, enjoy your weekend everyone 😊

ah well gotta wait more time i guess, was hoping to get back on my new hunter again, anyway its out of SSG hands, the people who run datacenter are having a hard time, i bet it an't easy...

Not a single positive comment with this last update. They’re sinking like a stone. It’s ALMOST painful.

And they simply don’t have the budget for the kind of PR needed to clear this mess. Maybe WB could have, but there’s no way the current publisher is going to invest on them.

Last nail time.

Maybe they moved the datacenter to Venezuela? There’s been power outages since Wednesday 😅

My favorite of these latest Twitter responses:

"I was there, Gandalf.  I was there 3000 years ago, when the servers were up" 

Are they still trying to use datacenters in New England?

I don't live there anymore, but traditionally you would not experience lack of excitement if you were having a farm there.

8 minutes ago, Darmokk said:

I don't live there anymore, but traditionally you would not experience lack of excitement if you were having a farm there.

I think the data center is in New Jersey.

15 minutes ago, Darmokk said:

The data center is in cordovan's ponytail.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Amenhir said:

The data center is in cordovan's ponytail.

/Sudden outburst of laughter occurs.

SSG should hire you for comic relief at Cordovan's live streams using LotRO emotes for punch lines. I might be inclined to watch them if this were so.

For those who don't know, the SSG customer service link on the launcher seems to work. If all those on reddit and twitter were to know this, I imagine many of them would flood their CS with angry type complaints. The evil in me isn't strong enough to care or I'd have let all of them know.

its really our own fault for continuing to pay this company for poor performance servers and incompetent people.

moving a data center is not difficult if you know what your doing, as these people clearly do not.

and why is this cord person even have a job, what does he do besides having a live stream video and not say anything.

i for 1 am through, no more money from me.

56 minutes ago, jiggywithit said:

its really our own fault for continuing to pay this company for poor performance servers and incompetent people.

moving a data center is not difficult if you know what your doing, as these people clearly do not.

and why is this cord person even have a job, what does he do besides having a live stream video and not say anything.

i for 1 am through, no more money from me.

He bans paying customers from the OF for voicing concerns about the defective product he's selling.  

If the servers aren't up by the latest deadline, they won't be up until at least sometime Monday.

The data center folks will only work half a day tomorrow (Saturday) and not at all on Sunday.

Too bad their customers doesn't demand answers, well this will be funny if they actually downgraded the servers and people will notice.

I don't want to be a jerk but if somehow they have damaged their database it will be glorious to watch the shit show.

I think the hamsters saw a chance to make an escape and bolted for freedom. 

I believe the last time it was down, it was between march 8th and march 21st 2011 or so, so if they do come back up in the next few days or so it will still be classified as a miracle.

I see that 8818 is still showing themselves off as an annoying prick.

I see also that Mac is floating around in here also, welcome to the banned.

• Upvote 1