LOTROCommunity
Sign in to follow this  
Talisman

22 Hours

From Cord
The LOTRO Game Servers and http://myaccount.standingstonegames.com will be offline for maintenance on Wednesday, March 6th from 2:00 AM to 12:00 AM Eastern (-5 GMT). Thanks for your patience, and we'll see you back in the game soon!

Note: We apologize for the lengthy downtime, but this downtime is due to some significant data center work being done. We hope to reopen the worlds early, but that will depend on how things go throughout the day on Wednesday.

In another thread, it was stated that Cord announced it during his stream today (Friday, 3/1). The servers are being physically moved within the data center.

What's the betting they downgraded the office space, so they've had to shove everything into a cupboard?

4 hours ago, Doro said:

What's the betting they downgraded the office space, so they've had to shove everything into a cupboard?

The servers are being moved to Cord's windowless van in the parking lot.  It's where he keeps his beaded curtain, patchouli, and lava lamps.

• Like 1

I cant see anything bad happening with this. They hope to open them early?  More likely they hope to open them by the weekend

3 hours ago, TheKickman said:

If the forums are up, it will be a Glorious Shitshow indeed

tenor.gif?itemid=9554280

It will be even better if it will take them any longer than 22h lets say 44hours :)

Nope, no forums, no website either. It's amazing that they don't diversify these. Keeping everything under the same roof is a recipe for trouble.

Yep forums on the same servers. I'm sure all the sycophants are scouring other media type outlets to get their Cordoban ass kissing fix.

I still don't know how it takes a minimum of 22 hours just to physically move some servers. Swapping to a different set of servers entirely, sure, but just unplugging them, moving them to the cupboard with the mops and brooms, and plugging it back in? Seems a bit much.

2 hours ago, Doro said:

I still don't know how it takes a minimum of 22 hours just to physically move some servers. Swapping to a different set of servers entirely, sure, but just unplugging them, moving them to the cupboard with the mops and brooms, and plugging it back in? Seems a bit much.

It seems like it takes about 4 hours to reboot the servers (per the weekly reboots), so that gives the data center people 18 hours to do the physical move. I'm sure the estimate was exaggerated.

My LS kin has a rift raid scheduled for tomorrow night. What are the chances it happens?  Not holding my breath for this one

And thus the end is nigh....

Only because they realized that PC doesn't stand for Personal Computer, but Prolifically Cabled, and forgot to map out where the cables go so will never be able to properly connect things again, and utterly fail at working around their mistake because... well... they make driveway gravel look like Einstein.

Even Star Wars Galaxies gave its 500 players a few weeks' notice before shutting down.  That said, such a dick move would be consistent with LOTRO's management.

Either way, fingers crossed...

27 hours now...

From the LOTRO twitter:

We apologize, but an issue encountered this evening will require us to take a bit more time to reopen the worlds. Our downtime is now extended until 5:00 AM Eastern (-5 GMT). If anything changes we'll let you know. #LOTRO

Any bets on seeing the following tweet?

"We regret to inform you that we've had an issue with the character database, so some characters may be impacted"

and 6 hours more, 33 now.

I'm curious what they are doing, it feels so extremely long to just move some servers. 

Grasping at straws here, but it could also have something to do with the mythical "64k client" that's been in development for years.

Or not.  Could easily have been an accidental database wipe, followed by an accidental backup database wipe.  That's doubtful though, because not even the people who brought you LIs, Radiance, talent trees, Beornings, mounted combat, epic battles, lootboxes, and the Mordor trailer could possibly be THAT irresponsible and stupid.

Or could they?..........

12 hours ago, Talisman said:

27 hours now...

From the LOTRO twitter:

We apologize, but an issue encountered this evening will require us to take a bit more time to reopen the worlds. Our downtime is now extended until 5:00 AM Eastern (-5 GMT). If anything changes we'll let you know. #LOTRO

Almost 8:00 AM here, still dead in the water.  Edit:  I see they extended it to 11:00 AM. 

9 hours ago, Almagnus1 said:

Any bets on seeing the following tweet?

"We regret to inform you that we've had an issue with the character database, so some characters may be impacted"

Scented candles for everyone incoming in 3,2,1....

Some ass kisser will later on the forums thank SSG for tirelessly working near two days nonstop to bring players their shitshow. Same ass kisser will be so giddy they will fend off any criticism and get some free LP for their valor whiteknight heroics.

Meanwhile SSG never physically had in their possession any server, because a courier hired by DBG went to New Jersey to fly the equipment to California. During the flight they landed in Colorado Springs to get a second plane due the the 1st one being grounded because it had an engine failure. The luggage and cargo ended up in Buenos Aires, where it is now in a warehouse waiting to be auctioned off by customs agents who have an Ebay store on the side. The courier is back in San Diego standing on a corner waiting for his day work pick up. DBG are screaming WTF! at SSG for being denied to place on the launcher load screen.

HAHAHA! All your server are belong to us!