LOTROCommunity
Sign in to follow this  
PJ.

FPS

Hi,

I am only getting between 40-50 FPS but it looks so much smoother and is lag free compared to LOTRO when I get much much higher FPS. Is this to do with server quality and a 64 bit client?

I suspect it's largely due to code quality.  Keep in mind that SE [Square Enix] had to make FFXIV work with a PS3, so they probably have highly optimized rendered code compared to the mess that is LotRO's renderer.

A 64 bit client would (in this case) only help with being able to load more stuff into memory, and not necessarily with processing throughput.  Server quality is largely irrelevant to client loading, and only really matters with latency.

17 hours ago, Almagnus1 said:

I suspect it's largely due to code quality.  Keep in mind that SE [Square Enix] had to make FFXIV work with a PS3, so they probably have highly optimized rendered code compared to the mess that is LotRO's renderer.

A 64 bit client would (in this case) only help with being able to load more stuff into memory, and not necessarily with processing throughput.  Server quality is largely irrelevant to client loading, and only really matters with latency.

Thanks, that is interesting

Still experiencing it until now?

By the way, newbie here as well. Aside from being a poker enthusiast, I'm also a critter-lovin' guy. I live with my Pomeranian, Tom. Whenever I'm outdoors, I usually walk my dog in the park, though as a precaution, I'd fit him with one of those sportdog collars, as he tends to wander off most of the time. So, that's me. Have a nice day, everyone!

On 3/7/2019 at 4:39 PM, Daventer said:

Still experiencing it until now?

In FFXIV? Still smooth and lag free (apart from when I kicked the laptop power out and was running on battery only for a bit!)