LOTROCommunity
Sign in to follow this  
Almagnus1

UK Perspective on UK Contempt of Court

27 minutes ago, LasraelLarson said:

does jolly ole Englandstan have needle programs in place like San Fran, Seattle & other left liberated cosmopolitan centers?

image.thumb.png.0bc70745e26a22623e81ca083a33f8cd.png

but knives (& apparently straws) are a real concern.

Having lived in Seattle, I can tell you that the homeless problem is more of a homeless drug addict problem.  I wouldn't be surprised if the weapon issues are (yet another) example of leftist idiots not calling a spade a spade.

On 3/15/2019 at 1:52 AM, Almagnus1 said:

I don't blame him, the law around your media court restrictions is bullshit.  A judge should never be able to declare a media blackout unless there's secret or top secret information being discussed in the trial.

I wasn't aware of that, can you provide a source?

Already knew that, as what Tommy has said is that it was done to protect his family.  I've seen enough weird stuff around what's going on that I'm wondering if there's the "official" narrative and then reality, as I'm seeing the exact same thing play out in the US (like the entire Russian Collusion thing which turns out to be a giant waste of taxpayer money because it's really the FBI having beef with Trump cause he fired their friend).

That said, I'm on the outside looking in, and the entire thing just looks wrong from many angles.

Source?

Here's Tommy heroically defending his country from another English fan determined to undermine our national pride

On 5/20/2019 at 1:12 PM, Almagnus1 said:

Having lived in Seattle, I can tell you that the homeless problem is more of a homeless drug addict problem.

Growing up in the North East US and spending a decade in Seattle. I can tell you the homeless problem is exacerbated by things like the needle exchange program, feeding homeless in city parks and handing out coats during winter in the city of Seattle. I lived in the U District and Queen Anne and I know most of the homeless that sleep in their parks have no reason to find a way to not be homeless. Aside from NYC (It is its own beast) homelessness is not tolerated in the North East as it is on the West coast and by extension there is no need for the needle exchange program in the NE. Not even in nasty cities like Newark or New Haven are there homeless sleeping in parks with the police giving the nod to do so. Sure there are people of all walks who end up in this way and become homeless but some places choose to deal with it in a totally different manner than Seattle. So , If England or London had a needle exchange program, they would be better off if they didn't.

I used to watch junkies each day stagger down U. Ave to the needle guy empty handed and leave with fresh works daily. It wasn't by coincidence the alley behind my Apt. building was littered with discarded works. I could pick up 100 or more a week and next week would be same shit. If they weren't distributed freely they wouldn't end up on the pavement and just maybe the junkies would have moved on in some way.

8 hours ago, Splay said:

So , If England or London had a needle exchange program, they would be better off if they didn't.

We have them, but the idea was to combat junkies costing the NHS more when they caught diseases. However, our homeless aren't usually injectors, they're drunks, pill poppers, or spice/weed abusers. In London, it's a mix of immigrants and addicts who let their lives fall apart. We still have injectors, but the cost of heroin is slightly higher than alternatives so it's a slight deterrent. Also, the government tends to put heavy drug users in welfare accommodation, all grouped together, so while they may not be on the street, they're fucking up a house and causing nightmares for the neighbours. In their eyes, they're at least keeping it out of view, but they aren't solving it.

16 hours ago, Doro said:

We have them, but the idea was to combat junkies costing the NHS more when they caught diseases. However, our homeless aren't usually injectors, they're drunks, pill poppers, or spice/weed abusers. In London, it's a mix of immigrants and addicts who let their lives fall apart. We still have injectors, but the cost of heroin is slightly higher than alternatives so it's a slight deterrent. Also, the government tends to put heavy drug users in welfare accommodation, all grouped together, so while they may not be on the street, they're fucking up a house and causing nightmares for the neighbours. In their eyes, they're at least keeping it out of view, but they aren't solving it.

On a related note, this documentary goes into the Seattle homeless problem, and also offers a potential solution, copying what Rhode Island did to solve their homeless problem:

I watched the entire documentary by the news station. Posted on YT In March and likely produced in the last half of the previous year. Too much for words and only can say wow.

So happy I don't live there anymore and doubt I would ever revisit Seattle again.

On 6/8/2019 at 11:29 PM, Splay said:

I watched the entire documentary by the news station. Posted on YT In March and likely produced in the last half of the previous year. Too much for words and only can say wow.

So happy I don't live there anymore and doubt I would ever revisit Seattle again.

Pioneer Square was getting bad, and they were almost always near the ferry docks.  I'm kinda glad they stayed in Seattle, and never went to the other places (chances are the locals on the other end wouldn't have tolerated them the way Seattle did).

It's a real tragedy, and I'm wondering if the exact same situation isn't playing out in California as well.

4 hours ago, Almagnus1 said:

Pioneer Square was getting bad, and they were almost always near the ferry docks.  I'm kinda glad they stayed in Seattle, and never went to the other places (chances are the locals on the other end wouldn't have tolerated them the way Seattle did).

It's a real tragedy, and I'm wondering if the exact same situation isn't playing out in California as well.

During my stay there, it was my experience that most of the newer working class residents came from California. Most always stated the cost of living was too high in LA. and San Fran. Imo along the I5 corridor, Portland might have be the best choice of all the major cities but my experience in Portland was limited. With that said, any and all Californians travel through Portland in some capacity to get to Seattle. Looks like others followed the same path as well.

Three grams of Heroin was acceptable and considered personal use? That's just fucked up to hear that in the documentary. Many of the places in the documentary, I remembered. What wasn't in my memory was all the freakin trash everywhere.

Compassion only works when given to those who give a fuck. Junkies never give a shit except for the next fix. As an afterthought of watching it, I noticed a select bias. It can't be coincidence that near all the people being viewed and interviewed are white. Though Seattle is predominately white, there is a quite wide variety of race and ethnicity. I can't help but to wonder why this was excluded. 

The part about a solution won't work. Rhode Island has a small population. The cost will be far too high in Seattle to take the same measures. If some how Seattle takes a harsher stance and enforces their existing laws the problem may go away but most likely the problem will just migrate.

I've never been to England and know little about their laws and justice system. What penalty there would someone get who has 3 grams of Heroin in their possession?

Well, the entire population of the UK is about 66M, and as the UK (and Europe) is more amenable to a higher tax rate than the US is, combined with a generally more homogeneous population, a program like Rhode Island's could work in the UK if the UK really wanted to address the problem head on.  That generally works to your advantage when you look at medical programs, especially when looking at the Scandinavians medical programs.

47 minutes ago, Almagnus1 said:

Well, the entire population of the UK is about 66M, and as the UK (and Europe) is more amenable to a higher tax rate than the US is, combined with a generally more homogeneous population, a program like Rhode Island's could work in the UK if the UK really wanted to address the problem head on.  That generally works to your advantage when you look at medical programs, especially when looking at the Scandinavians medical programs.

UK is only homogenous in the countryside and small villages. As a general rule of thumb, the more densely populated an area, the less white it is, and weirdly the higher the crime rate and higher the drug rates. Unfortunately, cities are also dominated by the radical left. That stranglehold of left-leaning control on cities, where drugs are the most rampant, means any programmes put in place are weak and pointless, so nothing gets fixed. There's a reason gang violence is increasing in UK cities, and the media wants to act like they have no idea what could be causing it, yet everyone else knows it's because escalating drug-dealing and trafficking combined with ineffectual policing and rising urban slums with increasingly foreign influences.

2 hours ago, Splay said:

I've never been to England and know little about their laws and justice system. What penalty there would someone get who has 3 grams of Heroin in their possession?

It's supposed to get you a few years in prison, but because our police force is so inept and stretched out they can't afford the prosecute everyone they catch, on a busy night they'll confiscate and look the other way, otherwise it's a fine and a slap on the wrist. The laws here are hollow deterrents more than actual rules to follow... unless, of course, you're a law-abiding citizen yourself, then they know you're an easy target and they'll be glad to drag you in front of a court for shit like driving a van with empty crisp packets in it without a licence.

Three grams of Heroin, no problem. 300 used sandwich bags in a garbage bag gets a fine.

Our world is finally making sense to me. 7(8)7