LOTROCommunity
Sign in to follow this  
Urwendil

"The Lord of the Rings—Gollum is a new action-adventure game from Daedalic"

So this dropped on my Twitter feed:

https://www.pcgamer.com/the-lord-of-the-ringsgollum-is-a-new-action-adventure-game-from-daedalic/

Their emphasis on "remaining true to" the source material is intriguing.

What's known about these Daedalic people? Have they produced any worthy titles before?

Who asked for a Gollum-PoV LOTR game?

(Probably the same mouth-breathers who asked for a LOTR MMO that focuses on lootboxes and picking flowers).

At best, it will be a 1st or 3rd-person stealth-survival game with lots of fishing with your bare hands, hiding from orc patrols, and talking to yourself in the dark.  How do they even plan to monetize custom unlocks?  Different textures of loincloth?  Different bulbous eye colours?

It won't have a prayer unless Andy Serkis is involved, and I doubt his $ervices come cheap today.  I just feel like they're really missing the mark on this, and that a game about a schizophrenic sociopath is not going to interest gaming's core demographic, most of whom play video games to escape the reality that they themselves are schizophrenic sociopaths (see below for their poster child).

13 hours ago, Urwendil said:

So this dropped on my Twitter feed:

https://www.pcgamer.com/the-lord-of-the-ringsgollum-is-a-new-action-adventure-game-from-daedalic/

Their emphasis on "remaining true to" the source material is intriguing.

What's known about these Daedalic people? Have they produced any worthy titles before?

Their steam catalogue is https://store.steampowered.com/developer/daedalic .

We could actually be looking at a company that has an interesting idea with the IP and wants to do something with it, so I'd keep an open mind rather than taking a dump on the idea like:

3 hours ago, psalm8818 said:

Who asked for a Gollum-PoV LOTR game?

(Probably the same mouth-breathers who asked for a LOTR MMO that focuses on lootboxes and picking flowers).

At best, it will be a 1st or 3rd-person stealth-survival game with lots of fishing with your bare hands, hiding from orc patrols, and talking to yourself in the dark.  How do they even plan to monetize custom unlocks?  Different textures of loincloth?  Different bulbous eye colours?

It won't have a prayer unless Andy Serkis is involved, and I doubt his $ervices come cheap today.  I just feel like they're really missing the mark on this, and that a game about a schizophrenic sociopath is not going to interest gaming's core demographic, most of whom play video games to escape the reality that they themselves are schizophrenic sociopaths...

• Like 2