LOTROCommunity
Sign in to follow this  
Jedy2

64-bit gossip

One of our players has microphone problems. I can't hear shit of what he says, and he likes very much to emit those scratching sounds during raids. 

Before one of them he gave some illegal info/gossip from Palantir. All I could hear was - Palantir...new...64-bit client... very good... no lag... excellent graphics...

Then the raid started, and he rage-quit, cause no one was replying to his scratching. 

BTW - it was not April 1st!  Anyone dares to confirm here some GOOD news? 

Massively OP reports that DDO is getting a 64-bit client "similar to LOTRO's" .  It also says Rohan housing is in the works.  No timeframe given in the Massively summary and I have no plans to read the interview they quoted.  Not interested anymore.

https://massivelyop.com/2019/04/06/lotro-announces-rohan-housing-while-ddo-is-slated-to-get-a-64-bit-client/

• Like 1

Meh.  That's genuinely the best I can muster.  Even if the game ran smoothly without crashes, rubberbanding or data leaks, it's still a pay-to-win gambling simulator with 11 year-old bugs, raids that don't function properly, terrible customer service/community relations, and a cautionary tale of mismanagement and greed.

• Like 1

I'd imagine if you only had 20 people on a server the lag and hitching might not be so much of an issue. We should get a stress test like we got for the 64-bit server. I hope I works out but after performance there are so many other issues.

Yeah but he thinks Blacksmithing is a thing in Lotro.

8 minutes ago, Talisman said:

During Pax East, DruidsFire interviewed Severlin, and he said that the 64-bit client is being tested on Palantir right now, and they are planning on releasing it to Bullroarer in a few weeks.

http://www.mmo-central.com/2019/04/05/pax-east-2019-interview-with-standing-stone-games-rob-severlin-ciccolini/

It's hardly journalism when you are so enamoured. Can't ask him about the fury over ILIs, can't ask why he thinks he should be the EP of a game he doesn't play. Same with Cord, neither has the experience to actually judge the importance to attach to any given feedback.   

Honestly, who gives a fuck about instanced housing? I cant even give one shit about it let alone two. Had SSG chose to allow players to have housing on the landscape, that is something I would go for. Rohan is perfect for this. Instead, it will just be another dead space in the game meant to be a refuge for hoarders. So they can become enamored with their pixels.

No mention of PvMP. Ofc, I guess I shouldn't expect this from the interviewer. I doubt they have a clue in such matters and likely have a stroke from one direct encounter vs a person.

Severlin's mention of the LS population is laughable. The numbers don't lie. Stated many times here and elsewhere, as the cap raises anything below becomes a deserted wasteland. So the only thing LS has, is to stay with the herd and convince themselves its fun crawling over top of each other for that one ore node. I just don't see the longevity of the LS situation sustaining.

3 hours ago, Splay said:

Stated many times here and elsewhere, as the cap raises anything below becomes a deserted wasteland.

This has surprised me the most. I went back through the SoA landscape for quick deeds on an alt, and it's incredible just how empty it is. I'm tripping over rare elites now, whereas before I barely saw any, and there's plenty of nodes and mobs around... not that any of that is relevant now. If it's not cap crafting, it's redundant, and even the cap crafting "economy" is empty as fuck. It's pretty much just kins crafting internally, and people with multiple alt crafters getting fucked over by the rep gated Loth recipes.

I'm curious to see what happens with Mirkwood. They can't surely expect people to spend 4 months doing that "mini-expansion" when Moria, the peak expansion content of LotRO, isn't enough.

On 4/8/2019 at 3:36 AM, Doro said:

This has surprised me the most. I went back through the SoA landscape for quick deeds on an alt, and it's incredible just how empty it is. I'm tripping over rare elites now, whereas before I barely saw any, and there's plenty of nodes and mobs around... not that any of that is relevant now. If it's not cap crafting, it's redundant, and even the cap crafting "economy" is empty as fuck. It's pretty much just kins crafting internally, and people with multiple alt crafters getting fucked over by the rep gated Loth recipes.

I'm curious to see what happens with Mirkwood. They can't surely expect people to spend 4 months doing that "mini-expansion" when Moria, the peak expansion content of LotRO, isn't enough.

What they also fail to mention is majority of people on the LS are lifetime account holders and NOT paying a dime.  Of course you do have the kiss ass whales like you know who, whom are dropping ever dime on LP to get those new waste o money packs they are releasing just to appease their Tolkien Derangement Syndrome

On ‎4‎/‎8‎/‎2019 at 8:36 AM, Doro said:

What could have sustained Moria and Mirkwood would have been properly balanced raids and instances for the gear and stats they dumped last minute on the LSs. The Slowtro crowd could amble along as usual whilst the raiders got to grips with upgraded raids. Instead Mirkwood will have Durchest locked down by a single tank and zero jeopardy for one shoting raid members. Twins won't need a hunter tank speced on the mistress and no tank swaps on the fire guy because the dots won't be enough for the morale levels nor will the puddles. It only remains to be "seen" if the Fell-beast will be invisible once again and whether a death on the Lt fight will have any rise in difficulty. The muppets who failed the first time around may have a chance this time, but they'll be too slow again and after the inevitable raid closure will be on the OFs enmasse about the "cheaters"/(intelligent players who know what they are doing) again. At least radiance kept the useless muppets out of the raids where they don't belong.

Mac  

13 hours ago, TheKickman said:

What they also fail to mention is majority of people on the LS are lifetime account holders and NOT paying a dime.  Of course you do have the kiss ass whales like you know who, whom are dropping ever dime on LP to get those new waste o money packs they are releasing just to appease their Tolkien Derangement Syndrome

I had to laugh at a Druidsfire stream where she had a load of Mordor Doors in her vault and yet she was literally struck dumb on how to survive a single mob on level there. Self Denial at it's extreme. There was another streamer playing at hunter: Focus Gen, two induction skills and a pen shot in the first 4 hot bar slots and every fight was mashing these 4 keys incessantly. No wonder she was in awe of players who can dress up stand in a line and type /play <filename.abc> sync. 

Lmao Maybe if someone creates a thread here titled "Are lotro pvers that bad" A dev will show up and tell us about how Turbine/SSG had to constantly dumb down the game so people like Druidsfire could feel relevant.

Lowering mob density.

Giving melee classes extended range.

Classes faceroll one shotting.

Players low manning raids on level.

The list is manifold.

Oh and the cake topper. Endgame essence in festivals.

15 hours ago, Macdui101 said:

At least radiance kept the useless muppets out of the raids where they don't belong.

That's one of the reasons why I like mechanics like ilvl gating (which is what radiance really was a softer version of) as it does so much to help set a general bar of "you must be this good or know players who pity you" 

I mean, when you decide to cater to this crowd:

The-Fellowship-of-the-Muppets.jpg

What did you expect would happen?

They should only have devised a system that was more alt-friendly and that didn't make the raids easier. Account wide-deeds for example.

With the Rift, as I remember it, you could always enter the raid, but for the final bosses you'd either need the shadow-mitigation gear or execute tactics almost flawless. And having the complete set did give a small advantage, but it wasn't extremely and when you knew mechanics, you could also without to much problem join with alts.

After that, gear had a much higher influence. The advantage of beating the raid and getting the gear, made the raid much easier and gearing up for the raid was much more time-consuming.

On 4/7/2019 at 8:53 AM, Macdui101 said:

can't ask why he thinks he should be the EP of a game he doesn't play. Same with Cord, neither has the experience to actually judge the importance to attach to any given feedback.

anyone else was let go.  though Made of Lions spends enough time on the Forums & he isn't much of a coder...  he could be the CM for all it mattered. & Chris Pierson is like the oldest remaining employee from former Turbine and now SSG.  he'd make a better Lead Producer than Sev.

On 4/9/2019 at 9:09 AM, TheKickman said:

you do have the kiss ass whales like you know who, whom are dropping ever dime on LP to get those new waste o money packs they are releasing just to appease their Tolkien Derangement Syndrome 

since i have been playing absolutely free since Siege of Mirkwood launch... i am OK with this arrangement,  in fact i am OK with this niche group of spenders being milked even harder.  ;)

it was right around the launch of Helms Deep that i decided i would never spend another red cent on this game client and game engine, no matter how many times they patch it up.  & the Developers of the caliber of Orion & Amlug have long since moved on...  anyone from the Paiz's on is anathema to me.  those bleeding funds as sacrament to this entity so that it can continue to spin its wheels...   gaining no-one.  i see it as an ironically twisted form of just desserts.

i've occasionally contemplated meme-ing that a LotRO Renaissance & resurgence is happening, based on no evidence whatsoever, just to dig the knife in a little further.  ;)

regardless, game has been sliding down a course, since even before Helms Deep.  that is just when they stepped on the gas is all.  i'd ad my foot to the peddle, if it wasn't already on the floor.  very much past the point of lamenting.

On 4/10/2019 at 10:24 PM, Splay said:

Lmao Maybe if someone creates a thread here titled "Are lotro pvers that bad" A dev will show up and tell us about how Turbine/SSG had to constantly dumb down the game so people like Druidsfire could feel relevant.

Lowering mob density.

Giving melee classes extended range.

Classes faceroll one shotting.

Players low manning raids on level.

The list is manifold.

Oh and the cake topper. Endgame essence in festivals.

I stumbled upon this "Official Streamer" a while ago which helped it to finally sink in just how embarrassingly low the competence bar is at SSG:

* Clicking skills

* Struggling with -5 level content

* Obliviously clicked "continue quest" even though she had pulled adds - either she didn't know it would activate the quest sig, or assumed she could handle it + the adds 

* No situational awareness. The marksman shoots her 7 times - and she even has it (automatically) targeted for 8s once the barghest goes down - and still doesn't even know it's there until it moves on screen into melee. 

* Random panic once in trouble - didn't see any attempt at any "oh crap" skills. No idea whats possible now - haven't played RK since 65. I do remember a short AoE stun. A single target mez. A long snare.

The real kicker .. despite such comprehensive incompetence: at 2:08:07

"I don't die very often in this game"

The clicking of a skills denotes at least a decision to use a particular skill, it's the mashing of the keys 1 to 4 ignoring inductions and skill queue that gets me. I guess she had a tip that red was the damage tree. 

But after this she became a hunter "raider": Got tips from Chromite along with all the other streamers and proceeded to spam barrage and pen shot mindlessly.

Ofc this was in a tortoise group with the broken raids that HD killed off mechanically. It's a marker for how much dodo SSG are in trying to balance all these raids for the Legendary Servers when someone so inept can make their way through them. The thing is that there just isn't any ambition/intellect to figure out builds and rotations and how to improve one's self, only able to pick up the odd thing from Chromite and think they have it now. If you can't figure out what skills you have you won't even look at what the mob is doing to you. For all his work Chromite can't make them into clones of himself if the intellect isn't there.

There are many problems with official streaming.  You are in you own bubble and must have follows and subs as a primary goal. If you get the points to give away from SSG then there has to be some quid pro quo and highlighting the issues is not going to buy you subs without the giveaways. Purely because they don't interact with other players so much and do group stuff, apart from others in the clique, they never learn from the wider player base. Many former official streamers have given up because of the issues that were ignored by Turbine and SSG. It's like the self-denial works for a time but any with any self esteem left just can't justify continuing to promote a shambles in game management. It's the 12 year veterans who haven't grasped the basics of an MMO in all that time that has me flabbergasted. Mostly it's the conceit some of them have concerning their grasp of the game that they weekly demonstrate how little they know.  Literally I saw a comment on the forums that Queen Bee herself spouted as her own piece of wisdom in a stream an hour later.

Did you check out the Army of One guy's streams? Neither anyone else, by the numbers. I can't get beyond a few lines of text gloriously announcing the next thrilling instalment. A known exploiter from PvMP past, exploiting the shit out of a mid level skill to show off like a prised peacock and the ego to spout all sorts of crap advise. Seems he is no longer on the official roster, it's either hundreds of hours of exploited output can't be repeated with the recent pass to Moria mob strengths or someone has recognised how much of an outlier he is and it's not good for game promotion. All decided behind closed doors...

It's telling that so few are streaming cap content. Only Gravidy42 in the current crop has credibility, but he's behind on scrolls and has resorted to streaming MT dailies. In contrast is EpicOoger who follows the more common serial under achiever streamer mould.

And this is what SSG are happy to use to promote our game, no wonder we are ashamed to admit to outsiders that we still play if this is how it's seen to be.

The thing that amuses me about streamers is how they CTD a dozen times during livestreams.  It reminds me of that old video clip of Bill Gates promoting a latest version of Windows when it blue screens during the live presentation.

Watching a bit of that video from gussymoose was...I honestly don't have the words. 

12 hours ago, Bohemond said:

haven't played RK since 65. I do remember a short AoE stun. A single target mez. A long snare.

6 hours ago, Macdui101 said:

The clicking of a skills denotes at least a decision to use a particular skill, it's the mashing of the keys 1 to 4 ignoring inductions and skill queue that gets me. I guess she had a tip that red was the damage tree. 

most of the CC skills are yellow tree (lightning.)  yellow also has lots of insta casts immediate and fast damage.  bitch be solo'in in red tree (fire) nice Dot's and great for group situations where others hold the bulk of the aggro...

but she is in close quarters with fire skills, most have inductions and require planting ones feet to cast.  the backing away, doesn't help, when she must be rooted to cast most of her damage skills.

couldn't even accurately guess the number of times i've had the whole discussion in chat why yellow RK is great for solo, because of the CC, because of casting on the move (healing as well) and the fast damage, insta casts, but they always point back to the big DoT fire numbers...   which again is great in a group...  and really have no idea the actual numbers yellow generates due to crits being quit common.  for landscape, you can easily deal out damage numbers in yellow.

but yeah, close quarters in red, skills root to induct, and she backs away eating the incoming, with no CC recourse.  painful to watch.

edit: 

OK i just rewatched & took a closer look at the skills...  she actually is a red/yellow fucking hybrid at level 30 >.>

the lava stone threw me off as well as the visual fire skills.

holy shit she has the lightning skills on the far right skill bar on her screen.... and does not use...  even when backing away...

LOLOLOLOL!

Yeah, dot's are great in instances but not so much on mobs that are dead before the 2nd tick lands...

32 minutes ago, LasraelLarson said:

couldn't even accurately guess the number of times i've had the whole discussion in chat why yellow RK is great for solo, because of the CC, because of casting on the move (healing as well) and the fast damage, insta casts...

I recently picked up my craft alt RK on the Limited Servers just to get the Loth crafting gear, and I've found this to be true. I've solo'd a hell of a lot on bear, so I always assumed other classes weren't up to the same sorts of feats, but even my shitty, under-geared RK can solo 3 man instances in yellow line. You can literally run into a group of mobs, then just kite in a circle popping heals, throwing out some lightning, and dropping the frost DOT patch when you get a small gap, no problems. If things get tricky? Two bubbles, one of which stuns the enemies attacking. Or wait until the DOT ends and hit them with that AOE daze and heal up for a bit. Daze one at a time with that pointy finger skill. Still, nothing compared to the bear, but easy for even a non-RK player to pick up and get to grip with quickly, so not sure how these streamers can fuck up so badly.

47 minutes ago, Thrabath said:

Yeah, dot's are great in instances but not so much on mobs that are dead before the 2nd tick lands...

BINGO.

even that mini boss she clicked to activate...  had she been in a duo or something and had some range whilst a partner clicked.

but that close proximity, not only are the fire skills rooted inductions, but some can be interrupted (even a basic melee attack will halt some inductions.)  absolutely wasted in this scenario.

had to full screen to see she did use scribes spark once, didn't pop her lightning morale bubble, doesn't have access to the AoE stun (hybrid builds tend to be expensive, especially at level 30.)  i'll forgive not using the single target stun (shocking touch?) as the boss would have likely resisted (with no investment in yellow build)  and the archer needed to be in melee to hit...

anyway, i'd guess that her build is for duo's with a tanky partner. & she just hasn't set up a solo build.  for lightning to proc frequently, you need to invest in the tree. & she doesn't even have the base AoE stun (3 targets, 5 upgraded.)

a real wet (noodle) mess.

25 minutes ago, Doro said:

so not sure how these streamers can fuck up so badly.

at least (next door to) no-one watches.  ;)

retroactively watching here is likely multiple views over and above the (2?) people watching her live.

Middle-earth Maiden is going to be your wet dream of streamers then. It's a shame we have strayed off the 64-bit topic as it disserves a whole thread for laughs.