LOTROCommunity
Sign in to follow this  
Jedy2

64-bit gossip

10 hours ago, Macdui101 said:

Please go to the live stream now and see cord solo in Moria. It's a classic :)

One is reminded of Michael Scott teaching the sales department of Dunder Mifflin how to use Power Point when he himself had never even opened the application before.

15 hours ago, Moderate Peril said:

Bullroarer is up as of tonight (UK) time. 64 bit client is now available to test. So far, less hitching. Generally smoother performance.

What happens if you take it into Minas Tirith?

That was gonna be my first test if I get to it - that and Mordor on the highest setting for my card  (its a 4-5 year old card but works well for me)

I just logged into Bullroarer and mapped to Minas Tirith before the battle. I rode from the entrance of the main city gate, right the way to the top. The hitching and stuttering is significantly reduced. The main issue now seems to be the mount moving smoothly and the environment juddering occasionally. Also noted, that the overall performance got better as I got nearer to the citadel at the top. I play LOTRO with the graphics set to high using a Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050 Ti. Screen resolution 1920 x 1200. I rode across Rohan Yesterday evening and that also seems smoother. Not saying it's perfect but a positive improvement. However, that is just my experience. I'm sure they'll be more in-depth feedback left on the forums.

• Upvote 1

I made similar rides in MT and Pelennor. There were only 56 to 61 non anon players on at the time so I'm wondering if that is the main factor for a smoother ride. I'm going through the ini files matching graphics options so I can make a better comparison. The Uruks near the southern gate were still a bit wonky.

I just ported into MT on my guard and I would crash approx. 25-35% of the time - no problems and none of that lag I used to have when first zoning in

Wasn't on long but romped through a part of Mordor with fire and smoke (Udun) then to the next zone with no hitching on war steed - then one of the camps and chewed through a half dozen orcs no problem

As pointed out in WC when I was on though, only 55 non-anon on at the time so there is that to consider

For me, pre-battle Minas Tirith was noticably less laggy than before.  In fact, it was a lot less laggy and full of stutters than Bree was, at least when I was on this afternoon.

I didn't think to try Rohan, that's a good idea, I'll try that too if I get a chance.

It seems smoother with graphics toned to match my live game. I was never prone to crashing in MT but it still has the lags, hitching, swerves and full stops as live but not so much.

I am pleasantly surprised. It's a shame they couldn't be more open on what in particular has had the most work needed so we can go test it. 

Increased melee skill range will make kiting interesting but they haven't increase it for mounted melee skills. 

Mac

What's your average LotRO memory consumption on the x64 client?

If I'm reading this correctly, it sounds like MT is not crashing, correct?

My guess from what has been described is that the increase in memory limits that x64 can offer has helped with the loading of stuff as what you're saying indicates that some of the hitching was related to assets being loaded/unloaded from memory.

Her and her husband had problems with the Atari 2600 when all you had to do was insert the cartridge .....

1 hour ago, Woeg said:

Her and her husband had problems with the Atari 2600 when all you had to do was insert the cartridge .....

To be fair, it doesn't say where you have to insert it. Or how deep.

4 hours ago, Doro said:

To be fair, it doesn't say where you have to insert it. Or how deep.

The Atari 2600 is not the only time they have had that issue

It's amusing that there's a granny gamer, but at some point, you just need to take their computer away because grandma + LotRO Forums = cause of all the LotRO problems.

I thought I would check out the 64 bit test, but BR won't update for me.  So, since I can't be arsed to figure out why, fuck em.

Someone said the Turbine domain was let go.

And as funny as shit that it would be, please none of you buy it.

1 hour ago, Macdui101 said:

I'd buy it only to redirect it to World of WarCraft just to see what would happen.

8 hours ago, Macdui101 said:

For £10 a year surely it would have been worth them keeping it up. I see it is now a search type thing now. 

1 hour ago, PJ. said:

For £10 a year surely it would have been worth them keeping it up. I see it is now a search type thing now. 

Are we talking about turbine.com? If so, it's sending me to WB now.

7 minutes ago, Doro said:

Are we talking about turbine.com? If so, it's sending me to WB now.

It has some sometime, until a day ago.

SSG and WB(turbine) still share offices space/building who knows what hardware around the place both need still.