LOTROCommunity
Sign in to follow this  
Jedy2

64-bit gossip

On 5/2/2019 at 5:56 PM, Macdui101 said:

Someone said the Turbine domain was let go.

And as funny as shit that it would be, please none of you buy it.

WB Games Boston (formerly Turbine Inc, Turbine Entertainment Software, Second Nature, and originally CyberSpace, Inc.) 

On 5/3/2019 at 10:39 AM, Doro said:

Are we talking about turbine.com? If so, it's sending me to WB now.

Odd, when I checked it last week it was one of those cheep search engine sites that take over once famous domains. 

On 5/2/2019 at 4:56 PM, Macdui101 said:

Someone said the Turbine domain was let go.

On 5/3/2019 at 2:39 AM, Doro said:

Are we talking about turbine.com? If so, it's sending me to WB now.

On 1/15/2019 at 9:53 PM, LasraelLarson said:

rather than make a brand new topic, i just thought i'd update this old thread.

so while no one was looking, myself include...  just before Game of Thrones Conquest Launched on October 4 2017...  Turbine shuttered Batman Arkham Underworld.   & in November of 2018, Warner Bros changed the Turbine moniker to Warner Bros. Games: Boston.  so Turbine is gonzo & the re-dubbed studio is host to the one mobile game.

that one game is doing OK though is top 20 on GOOGLE PLAY grossing games.

but it is not without controversy:          https://www.gameofthronesconquestlawsuit.com/ seems there may be a lot of unhappy folk out there...  plenty of bad youtube plays as well,  but tis mobile so what one would expect.  ;)

with the last season about to air (6 episodes and it is over)  this title has a bit more shelf life anyway.

thought it was interesting that Warner ditched the Turbine name & that that first mobile is already shit-canned.  & now you all know as well. ;)

https://massivelyop.com/2018/11/02/original-lotro-and-ddo-creator-turbine-entertainment-changes-its-name-to-wb-games-boston/

i should have made a new thread...   :P

edit:

and for those wondering for more current stats on the Game of Thrones: Conquest title from...  [cough] "WB Games Boston" [/cough]

https://thinkgaming.com/app-sales-data/

estimated # 8 for revenue generation as of this post.

Edited by LasraelLarson
adding the newest data ap link

If they are at number 8 I guess the other half of the carpark in Needham is filling up with flashy motors and SSG want some of that. If the guy in the office next door it telling you what they make out of each player I suppose you have to try and match them to save face.

4 hours ago, Macdui101 said:

If they are at number 8...

it is an estimate.  that is gross revenue, before the app-platforms take their cuts (30% ballpark there) & all other company expenses are paid.

the google play rankings has it at #18 for revenue.

THIS SITE! has it ranked #22.

gross revenue is also a different beast from net.  2 guys in a garage shitting out apps has a lot less expenses than some coastal company with a "Studio" and host of expenses...  (rent, employees, advertising, etc.) & that is without even getting into licensing for IP...

estimates should be taken with a grain of salt.  depending on what method of gathering data is employed, results can vary.

4 hours ago, Macdui101 said:

the other half of the carpark in Needham is filling up with flashy motors and SSG want some of that.

SSG will have to turn to Daybreak for green lights.  Warner is a different publisher.

2 hours ago, LasraelLarson said:

64 bit client vid from one of the betas:

I ran around on BR during the first night of beta, and, I do think the game's performance was better. On the 32-bit client, I don't experience regular client crashes, and what crashes that do occur usually are in the first two weeks after a major release. The client, of course, does crash more often in Minas Tirith. But, usually I experience crash when I attempt to port to another location. Other than that, y biggest issues are rubberbanding and hitching on the warsteed, and there's always a brief slow down when I encounter other players.

One of the first things I did was to jump on my warsteed. I have the steed / bridle traited with a good turn radius and a lot of agility, and I use a light horse, so it's always been fairly nimble, but I was almost unable to control the thing in the beta. There wasn't any hitching, but I was rubberbanding more (because I was way ahead of the game engine's ability to draw the objects). It was also slightly nauseating.

I jumped several times between MT and Bree, and didn't experience a single crash.

I also noticed that the slow-downs were virtually eliminated.

i linked the vid without initial comment.  if you haven't watched the vid... do.  skip to the 6 minute mark for actual game-play.

he ports to Minas Tirith,  mounts a war-steed (the war-steed graphic has hang time loading) he rides and encounters lag (he says it is loading lag...) and then has a little rubber-band & crashes into an object.  turns and rides back, then leaves Minas Tirith out to the Pelennor, but does not reach the outer ring, or engage in any combat in the densely populated mobs there...

just watch it.  ;)

the bulk of my crashing in and around MT ended when i reverted to DX9.  i never use a war-mount inside MT & only time i have used it outside is for war-bands.

lets just say with what he showcased for the 64 bit client...  i think my machine handles MT and surrounding better.  ;)

unless there is a ton more in the pipeline for the 64 bit client, the issues it currently addresses are limited & still untested under load, which based on my experience are server related & won't be solved by the 64 bit client.