This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Who Will Win Game of Thrones

• Daenerys Targaryen
    • Jon Snow
    • Tyrion Lannister
    • Cersei Lannister
    • The Night King
    • Other

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/18/2019 at 05:23 PM

With the final season a week away, who do you think will win, not who you want but who you think will win

Also leave a post saying who you want to win

I want Tyrion to will but dont think it will happen

Also I want the show to end with an old Sam writing the book a Song of Ice and Fire and everything we have seen has been him telling the story

Other. I say that Jon and Dany's baby will be born this season, and everyone but Sam, Missandei, Sansa, Tyrion, and Gendry will die, leaving the incest baby as the true heir who gets raised by Missandei and Tyrion watching over her.

Why not the dragons?

They get tired of their human overlords and decide they'd rather have dinner and proceed to eat humanity after the defeat of the Night King.

so glad this train ride is finally coming to an end & will do so in 6 episodes.

reluctantly started watching this series when it was well past its 6th season do to it being talked about everywhere... similar to the movie Pulp Fiction, i hated that film!

first couple seasons were OK.  by the 4th or 5th, i was along for the ride but no longer even slightly intrigued.

Cersei Lannister will finally rule it ALL & everyone she knew & loved will be dead, (alone on her cold throne.) even the Wight King will retreat from Kings Landing, denying her even deaths release & leaving Her Queen of a Fallen Kingdom.

She will have it all and no one to share it with.  a joyless victory.

31 minutes ago, LasraelLarson said:

... similar to the movie Pulp Fiction, i hated that film!

It's definitely overrated. Tarantino does that annoying thing of making a character waffle on about some inconsequential, unrelated topic for 5 minutes at a time, and acts like that's how people actually communicate with each other. Sometimes it feels like he's just using his films as an excuse to say nigger.

SPOILERS AHEAD:

really hating the sad as fuck state of humanity right now...

culture is dead.

generally speaking...  earthlings are over.

:P

On 5/10/2019 at 11:51 AM, LasraelLarson said:

culture is dead.

Stoicism went with it. There's a lot of this hyper-emotional incontinence lately and it's just getting worse.

Maybe we should declare the real winner as HBO, as they've got to be making money hand over fist.

On 5/11/2019 at 7:57 AM, Doro said:

Stoicism went with it. There's a lot of this hyper-emotional incontinence lately and it's just getting worse.

soo true.

anywhooo:

I got my Cleganebowl, that's all I ever wanted. It wasn't as long as I'd liked, and the editing was rough as all hell with all the constant cuts, but at least it's done now. They can finish up rushing the hell out of the story without me expecting anything.

• Like 1

I dislike the Bloodthirsty Dwarf writing in the GoT. He's a decent writer, but I got pissed off reading his series around 2005 (A Feast for Crows). Ages later, I got dragged into watching GoT (intro music, clothes) and was surprised by the good quality of the series. 

The final episodes,  while visually interesting, are an exercise in imbecility as far as plot, military strategy, character development, and idiotic behavior of the protagonists. 

So yes, I sometimes dislike the G.R.R. Martin hype, but  at least he is a writer. What passes as writing in the final series is ... I have no words. 

For idiots, by idiots. 

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Jedy2 said:

He's a decent writer...

I've been starting to doubt that more and more lately. There's something about his work that suggests he either got very lucky with his initial ASoIaF books, or he had only managed to properly plan out the story up until the end of the War of the Five Kings. Everything before then was fairly grounded, with plots that felt pretty solid and made some sense (considering he was taking so much from history, it's not surprising). Then he started to get slower and lazier in his writing, which I can only attribute to either apathy to his work, or a lack of creativity, and I tend to lean to the latter. He can't figure out how to tie up the loose ends in a satisfying way, especially if the show is along the same lines as he suggests he's aiming for. It doesn't help that he's also being outmatched by his own fans, who come up with much better twists and solutions than he ends up revealing, or in a lot of cases they've managed to guess before he could get there first. That's got to be a hell of a blow to a writer's ego and I don't envy him if that's the case.

• Upvote 1

When your last 3 books are 5, 6 and 8(and counting) years apart, people are bound to decipher them.

Atleast Rowling cranked out her 7 books over 10 years. If she had spent over 2 dozen years, people may have anticipated some of her twists as well.

Good call on the slower, lazier writing. Dance of Dragons seems to meander quite a bit.

8 hours ago, Jedy2 said:

So yes, I sometimes dislike the G.R.R. Martin hype, but  at least he is a writer. What passes as writing in the final series is ... I have no words. 

For idiots, by idiots. 

There's not enough boobs worth seeing in the world to save the final season's bad writing....

• Upvote 2

15 hours ago, Jedy2 said:

The final episodes,  while visually interesting, are an exercise in imbecility as far as plot, military strategy, character development, and idiotic behavior of the protagonists. 

For idiots, by idiots. 

7 hours ago, Almagnus1 said:

There's not enough boobs worth seeing in the world to save the final season's bad writing....

My own sentiment well summarized.

I'm one of the few it seems that is still enjoying this last season despite its many imperfections. Most of these I can put down to the last 2 seasons being very rushed. Pacing is definitely off, and if it were a movie, I'd be expected an extended directors cut to come out to patch up a lot of the problems later - of course I can't see this happening with a TV series.

Jon, Dany et al are certainly making some stupid decisions - but I don't see them as necessarily out of character decisions. Neither are experienced military generals. Of course - they should have some experienced officers under their command, and given better pacing, we could have at least seen them (foolishly) overrule such officers. More time could allow for other, more sensible strategies to be attempted and fail, at least excusing less intelligent strategies as a necessary last resort.

I really think the main problem has been living up to expectations since the Red Wedding - which has to have been some of the best film of any kind I've ever seen. From this point on, not only was the audience expecting bigger and better twists, but the fact they were looking for them makes them harder to catch off guard. The writers are then left with either silly twists that make no sense, or "surprises" that have enough of a setup that they are worked out well in advance.

As to GRRM''s writing - I enjoyed the books, and once finished went online looking for something similar and was directed to Erikson's Malazan Book of the Fallen. Once I got into that (and it's definitely not the most accessible style) everything about GoT - characters, story, world building - felt very simplistic in comparison.

You will fly but you will never walk again.

Was that meant as the three eyed Raven? A metaphor for traveling in time? Flying a dragon?

Bran is a warg and more. Its conceivable he could fly on a dragon or as one being insides the dragons head.

Many leading characters are now dead. Danys turn is next. Then what of the dragon? Jon goes north of the wall to reunite with Ghost. Sansa rules the north as the last Stark. Yara rules the Ironborn. Bron gets his castle. ect and so on.

Bran rebuilds Kingslanding and rules with Drogon at his side.

I dunno.... at least the dragon had good sense to destroy the one thing that was causing excessive strife in Westeros.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Almagnus1 said:

I dunno.... at least the dragon had good sense to destroy the one thing that was causing excessive strife in Westeros.

the only part i cared about was when Jon drove the dagger in.  it made me smile.

the rest was just a fart sniffing art piece by George Lucas Jr. & someone from the Mark Zuckerberg Dysgenics Program.

mezzanine_467.jpg

both are just as overrated as George RR Martin.

that said, i am oddly enjoying that is was as poorly received as it was.  the salt bath also has me grinning.  ;)

Yeah, I'm going to have to pirate episode 6, as I really didn't have the time to watch it yesterday... before the Amazon HBO sub expired.  It was a good ride for most of the series, the last season just sorta sucked as the last two episodes essentially destroyed most of the character development that had occurred over the course of the series.

On 5/20/2019 at 9:00 AM, LasraelLarson said:

the rest was just a fart sniffing art piece

“Sunset found her squatting in the grass, groaning. Every stool was looser than the one before, and smelled fouler. By the time the moon came up, she was shitting brown water. The more she drank the more she shat, but the more she shat, the thirstier she grew.”

George R.R. Martin

On 5/20/2019 at 10:14 AM, Almagnus1 said:

Yeah, I'm going to have to pirate episode 6, as I really didn't have the time to watch it yesterday...

you may find THIS useful...

On 5/20/2019 at 5:00 PM, LasraelLarson said:

the only part i cared about was when Jon drove the dagger in.  it made me smile.

That scene was appalling. I said as a joke "and now he stabs her" and my partner was midway through saying "yeah, that would be pretty obvious" when he actually fucking stabbed her. Then the dragon melts the fucking throne, a throne made with fucking dragon fire before without melting it completely (which seems to do whatever's needed, like it used to just melt stone like at Harrenhal, now it explodes stone like TNT). Really? The dragon got the symbolism of the Iron Throne did it? Or did it think "oh no, mummy been stabbed, must be stabby chair"? Their desire to rush to the end left them with nothing but hack moments.

I mean, come the fuck on, why is Branston pickle now the king? He made it clear he wasn't a lord or any of that shit any more and was well above it, suddenly he's like "yeah, let's king this bitch up". He's pretty much come out of nowhere to all the other lords and either they didn't tell anyone else he was magic until then or they all just accepted it really easy. Gendry had the strongest claim after Jon, considering he was a legitimised bastard Baratheon, and even he would've made a better choice than Richard Branson (still a bad choice, but you work with the shit you shit up).

Arya's magically an explorer now? Made more sense in the books, they set up that sort of a person, but for the TV show she didn't really have any of that. She fucked off to Braavos after her dad popped his clogs, trained to be an assassin, became an assassin, used her power once, did some zombie killing, then got scared of zombies, teleported behind the Night's King, and never did any ninja stuff again. Cool, it's all over, I'mma fuck off in a boat to the west to see what's going on in Americaros.

I've got to stop now before I start getting more annoyed. I could re-write that whole fucking season to make more sense, and I think that's what annoys me the most; if an amateur could do it, why the hell are those couple of fags getting paid hundreds of thousands to do a hack job?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1