LOTROCommunity
Sign in to follow this  
Almagnus1

Streamer "Awesomeness"

15 hours ago, Splay said:

Well that is surely an empty threat. There is no way these musicians would quit. The one you speak of may have unfurled a boycott banner but not long after would have stood alone. One thing I learned about the social structure of MMOs is, it is always temporary. Alliances last as long as good pizza. Once the pizza is consumed gamers are looking for the next free slice. Also there are plenty of others who would fill the empty niche. Some, because it was there to be filled. Others, to fill it to gain sway while unseating others. The power struggle is always prevalent and as soon as one duckling turns the wrong direction the other ducklings quack. Why? Because ducklings want to be ducklings and if their mother duck doesn't want to stay at the head, the ducklings quickly look for a new lead to follow. As an aside, I don't know any other game these musicians could have migrated to. To me, this was empty threats all the way down.

Had I been a Dev at Turbine, in that day, I would have called their bluff and watched them quack. To think Turbine fell on their face by one in opposition, where in time, cost Turbine/SSG thousands of players and millions in revenue. Another contributing factor why LotRO PvMP is shit.

exactly, they catered to one player because of an empty threat leaving the rest of us scratching our heads because it was an awesome idea and would have gotten me to sub to pvmp for that weekend and I am not a pvmp fan lol.  But I see they are paying customers and deserve much much better not the ignorance and Middle fingers the dev team has given them for 10+ years.  But again, it shows why the game turned shitty when they cater to only 1 piece of their playerbase and ignore all the others.  Although I love the stages they added all over that took developer resources cause ya know, that specific kin asked for them, and those stages go unused

Someone is tracking their use of Cry of the Chorus on the anniversary stream at 79/125 for the deed at level 115+, that is some progress from a year ago.

Streamer awesomeness is when, the CM rolls a Defiler on Arkenstone creepside and spawns npcs that repeatedly get killed by the Creep one shots.

Streamer awesomeness is when, the CM gives gifts to Creeps they cannot use.

Streamer awesomeness is when, the CM has Wargs pee on him and BAs /rude him for being ignorant about Creepside in every way.

I had a friend come to find me and tell me about just how bad SSG doesn't know their game.

lol

Sev is going to have us use Embers to buy scrolls of empowerment, like anyone but a numpty is going to do that with another micro release around every corner.

Mac

No new stuff for Anniversary cause they had other obligations (from her notes).... I.E. We were to busy to care about our customers and own Anniversary as we find more ways to milk your wallet.  She is praising that on the main forums.  She has become so much more of an asslicker than any other forum poster at this time, and I know she comes here and lurks.  Guess what, no one cares because you are nothing more than a shitty player trying to find solace in the arms of a development team who could not give 2 shits about you.  Also, eat a fucking salad

Anyways, yeah the more people stream the game, the more of a joke we see the game has become.  When their official streamers have zero idea on what they are doing as mentioned above and the CM can barely handle walking across the shire without the kiss ass army defending him well, that says a lot.

I watched a bit of the DDO stream this Friday. He's leading group instances like a pro there. Might have been easy content but it's like night and day how he comes across.

He must not equate the shitty development/promotion of lotro with his need to ban players. 

If he was just in isolation I'd put it down to just trying to save his own job blocking forum criticisms but he must be doing it to save all their arses. He surely must know he's a joke when it comes to lotro and that his denial of issues is the root cause of the anger on the forums and /word chat.

6 hours ago, TheKickman said:

Also, eat a fucking salad

Thanks for a wholesome laugh, for real though. Before that sideshow came on board a year ago, Cordovan's streams at least contained bits and pieces of relevant info (like, actual content that draws people to tune in, who'da thunk?). I'm no media user but even I tuned in sometimes just to hear what's cooking. Stopped watching the moment that sideshow took over, I mean can that WASP nasal accent get any more abrasive? Damn, my ears.

If SSG team had more intelligence, I'd be tempted to see this luring in of "streamers" as strategic diverting of attention onto random nonsense, letting themselves off the hook for giving any kind of real updates/answers - but obviously this is too much mental gymnastics for the likes of Cord and Sev, so I'd just chalk it up to the irresistible feel of saffron lipstick on their obese glutes.

The more I read blue name replies on official forums (even MoL is picking up on snark, team spirit must really be rubbing off), the more I see the entire SSG operation as mere clueless bravado of a bunch of nerdy cucks who think "owning their own business" equates failure immunity and automatic omnipotence in all business matters - they really do think the sun is shining out of their asses. I've never owned my own biz so obviously can't judge, but when a noob like me gets a feel they're committing every single mistake and walking into every single delusion trap a business noob can possibly commit and walk into, the actual bullshit must really be exorbitant. (I still miss some posters here who were sharing some pseudo-corporate observations on Lotro team's ineptitude back in 2013-15)

Maybe that's the saddest part (sad as in just sad, not even haha sad). It's no ulterior greed, no masterfully manipulative business model, no elaborate fleecing schemes. Just a bunch of unwashed nerdy cucks who own a share in their own company, entangled in a pathological kissing fest with their Cluster B personality-disordered customers and feeding off each others' narcissistic supplies. Each side literally bloating and feeding off each other to own advantage. It's a fucking mental health hazard. This toxic psychological shit is for real.

(Edited to add:  After writing last lines above, being on this forum is starting to feel like being a fucking survivor of emotional blackmail/narcissist abuse/whatever, it's all there is to that whole official Lotro "community" circlejerk. Looking back on earlier discussions here starting with post-Helms Deep beta and onward, hard not to see it in those terms, especially when freshly-banned newcomers arrive to gain some mental clarity and closure. Mental health is real and mental hazards are real. No hobby gamer in their right mind would suspect what ill convoluted mental shit is being enabled by Turbine/SSG/CM's behaviors, and by the time they find themselves personally affected (after denials, dismissals, brushing off, all staple coping patterns) it's hard to rinse and purge. Really not much of exaggeration to have called this forum a support group between 2013-15, so damn much there needed venting and airing.

Reading up on borderline/narcissistic personality disorders and behavior patterns really puts much in perspective. Certainly makes one spot it from a thousand miles off.)

Edited by Wrath of Winter
added more
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

11 hours ago, TheKickman said:

No new stuff for Anniversary cause they had other obligations (from her notes).... I.E. We were to busy to care about our customers and own Anniversary as we find more ways to milk your wallet.  She is praising that on the main forums.  She has become so much more of an asslicker than any other forum poster at this time, and I know she comes here and lurks.  Guess what, no one cares because you are nothing more than a shitty player trying to find solace in the arms of a development team who could not give 2 shits about you.  Also, eat a fucking salad

Anyways, yeah the more people stream the game, the more of a joke we see the game has become.  When their official streamers have zero idea on what they are doing as mentioned above and the CM can barely handle walking across the shire without the kiss ass army defending him well, that says a lot.

76KGg9mEHH-14.png

I get that this person is incompetent, and likely with more than just the game, but it feels like you guys are giving her far too much attention and importance. I wouldn't have known who she is at all until people here started posting links to her streams and giving her a spotlight, which is often what streamers want. They're a literal nobody, but there's a growing theme here like she carries any weight (no, not like that) in the "community". Careful you don't create your own monster.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Doro said:

I get that this person is incompetent, and likely with more than just the game, but it feels like you guys are giving her far too much attention and importance. I wouldn't have known who she is at all until people here started posting links to her streams and giving her a spotlight, which is often what streamers want. They're a literal nobody, but there's a growing theme here like she carries any weight (no, not like that) in the "community". Careful you don't create your own monster.

She is already that monster and has been for quite some time.  Remember back in the day when Sap gave a forum member a special title for transcribing his streams and that forum poster became a monster acting as if they spoke for Turbine (even stating it in a few threads).... that is what is happening with this person.  They act as if they are part of the company and speak for the company on the OF and in streams.  Cord has given these streamers to much rope (hell they moderate his official streams and silence people with honest questions) So, yeah, that monster already exist sadly.

On another note, a family member decided to play Lotro today for about an hour..... they called me and said, "Is the game always this dead? Isn't this the anniversary?"  They logged in, started grinding tokens before they checked the rewards and were more pissed they just wasted an hour.  Made me laugh and tell them "See why I barely log in anymore lol"

• Upvote 2

I think I finally understand why Turbine/WB/SSG never marketed LOTRO with a substantial advertisement campaign.

They're ashamed of it.

There's not a single livestream out there that makes the game or its development look good in any measurable fashion.  The streams are literally turning off potential new players from downloading the client.  That amuses me.  So more power to these soulless corporate sellouts who are genuinely torpedoing their own hobby by promoting it.

4 hours ago, Doro said:

The green grass of LotRO was polluted by the wrong fertilizer and killed large portions of the yard. In those dead areas other species emerge take root and gradually change the look of the yard. The passerby looks in disgust and ask what the hell happened to that beautiful yard?

It is always hard to predict what will crop up when a niche becomes available. 

I cant play a Minstrel, so I'll highlight player homes and make it sound super cool. Hahahahaha!

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Wrath of Winter said:

Thanks for a wholesome laugh, for real though. Before that sideshow came on board a year ago, Cordovan's streams at least contained bits and pieces of relevant info (like, actual content that draws people to tune in, who'da thunk?). I'm no media user but even I tuned in sometimes just to hear what's cooking. Stopped watching the moment that sideshow took over, I mean can that WASP nasal accent get any more abrasive? Damn, my ears.

If SSG team had more intelligence, I'd be tempted to see this luring in of "streamers" as strategic diverting of attention onto random nonsense, letting themselves off the hook for giving any kind of real updates/answers - but obviously this is too much mental gymnastics for the likes of Cord and Sev, so I'd just chalk it up to the irresistible feel of saffron lipstick on their obese glutes.

The more I read blue name replies on official forums (even MoL is picking up on snark, team spirit must really be rubbing off), the more I see the entire SSG operation as mere clueless bravado of a bunch of nerdy cucks who think "owning their own business" equates failure immunity and automatic omnipotence in all business matters - they really do think the sun is shining out of their asses. I've never owned my own biz so obviously can't judge, but when a noob like me gets a feel they're committing every single mistake and walking into every single delusion trap a business noob can possibly commit and walk into, the actual bullshit must really be exorbitant. (I still miss some posters here who were sharing some pseudo-corporate observations on Lotro team's ineptitude back in 2013-15)

Maybe that's the saddest part (sad as in just sad, not even haha sad). It's no ulterior greed, no masterfully manipulative business model, no elaborate fleecing schemes. Just a bunch of unwashed nerdy cucks who own a share in their own company, entangled in a pathological kissing fest with their Cluster B personality-disordered customers and feeding off each others' narcissistic supplies. Each side literally bloating and feeding off each other to own advantage. It's a fucking mental health hazard. This toxic psychological shit is for real.

(Edited to add:  After writing last lines above, being on this forum is starting to feel like being a fucking survivor of emotional blackmail/narcissist abuse/whatever, it's all there is to that whole official Lotro "community" circlejerk. Looking back on earlier discussions here starting with post-Helms Deep beta and onward, hard not to see it in those terms, especially when freshly-banned newcomers arrive to gain some mental clarity and closure. Mental health is real and mental hazards are real. No hobby gamer in their right mind would suspect what ill convoluted mental shit is being enabled by Turbine/SSG/CM's behaviors, and by the time they find themselves personally affected (after denials, dismissals, brushing off, all staple coping patterns) it's hard to rinse and purge. Really not much of exaggeration to have called this forum a support group between 2013-15, so damn much there needed venting and airing.

Reading up on borderline/narcissistic personality disorders and behavior patterns really puts much in perspective. Certainly makes one spot it from a thousand miles off.)

I joined here after the Helm's Deep beta, and you're right, it really did serve as a long-overdue, much-needed sanity check for me.  

As to the grating vocal qualities of the stream sidekick, maybe that's why the folks who try to post text recaps of it on the OF have been giving up after a few weeks.

She's just a groupie.  Turns up at some event and suddenly all these folk are her personal friends. The morons who lap up the attention and give her an inch are the enablers.  

SSG's DDOers running things need these deluded players to draw more half-wits into the game and bolster their broken egos. The few "devs" with some self-awareness just hunker down in their own specific bubble and ride it out.  Literally they don't care; today's patch notes talk of Monster Hip Points - Straight out of the AD&D Monster Manual. It's not just the failure of the CM to even notice this error it's that the note creator has their mind on the other game too, and it's their fuckup that reverted the previous fix and the general mob "difficulty" on the LSs.

But if the official streams could pull in new players then what does it say for the game SSG want to produce.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Macdui101 said:

She's just a groupie.  Turns up at some event and suddenly all these folk are her personal friends. The morons who lap up the attention and give her an inch are the enablers.  

SSG's DDOers running things need these deluded players to draw more half-wits into the game and bolster their broken egos. The few "devs" with some self-awareness just hunker down in their own specific bubble and ride it out.  Literally they don't care; today's patch notes talk of Monster Hip Points - Straight out of the AD&D Monster Manual. It's not just the failure of the CM to even notice this error it's that the note creator has their mind on the other game too, and it's their fuckup that reverted the previous fix and the general mob "difficulty" on the LSs.

But if the official streams could pull in new players then what does it say for the game SSG want to produce.

That's also all the more reason to not play LotRO.  The only way they're going to listen at this point is if their playerbase evaporates, or the revenue drops below the critical level needed to sustain an MMO, and the game goes dark due to bad economics.