LOTROCommunity
Sign in to follow this  
Almagnus1

Streamer "Awesomeness"

As I read the list I was just saying tick, tick, tick, tick, tick in my mind. Trailed off towards the end...

Edit:

I'd still have to say that Narcissism fits better given we can't know the family history hinted at and other external factors.

The danger is what "being found out" could lead to. Whatever we think, it's someone's life here.

Is Cord, the patsy, man enough to deal with her? Are they more scarred of her than we know?

Edited by Macdui101
more contemplation

Had one of those moments, not sure I have it recorded but one comment that DF made was something along the lines of "Cordovan isn't the only one with the access to ban people". I figured it was within SSG. Heaton? There was something on the forums about some account being reinstated. Recollection is hazy, anyone remember it? Heaton flexing his muscles?  Forum not game.

Mac

4 hours ago, Macdui101 said:

Had one of those moments, not sure I have it recorded but one comment that DF made was something along the lines of "Cordovan isn't the only one with the access to ban people". I figured it was within SSG. Heaton? There was something on the forums about some account being reinstated. Recollection is hazy, anyone remember it? Heaton flexing his muscles?  Forum not game.

Mac

Her credibility is rather low. Anything she says could be truth or a lie and in between. Likely, what serves her current purpose is the truth, for the moment.

Oh I know but it's the grooming of the other official streamers and the viewers. Lording it over them. I wouldn't think SSG have given her the keys to the city but it's to make these people think they have. Implication is not to step out of line or she will, and can take their toys away from them. Even those who move on have that threat that she can have them game banned.

Mac

4 hours ago, Macdui101 said:

Oh I know but it's the grooming of the other official streamers and the viewers. Lording it over them. I wouldn't think SSG have given her the keys to the city but it's to make these people think they have. Implication is not to step out of line or she will, and can take their toys away from them. Even those who move on have that threat that she can have them game banned.

Mac

If it's about the forum, I say it's bullshit. She couldn't even get a thread locked when she saw and threw a tantrum, no way she's got any ability to ban people. But if it's about whatever streaming nonsense they use (I don't know, I don't watch this stuff), that's true surely? Streamers must have some control while they're streaming, right?

DF currently doing a really thick sob story on her lotro live slot. No more live stream. The innocent me. I think they have finally rumbled this thread and are making a flanking move. Mentioning Heaton and Lego.  SSG will not like that.

Yup the job she didn't follow up on 3 month ago is giving her one. 

Maybe SSG took a look see at the back catalogue. If it's SSG on top of things /wave /cheer :)

Maybe trying to save her own stream groupies, ofc if she carries on abusing perceived power either SSG or We/I can drop some bombshells.

3 hours ago, Macdui101 said:

DF currently doing a really thick sob story on her lotro live slot. No more live stream. The innocent me. I think they have finally rumbled this thread and are making a flanking move. Mentioning Heaton and Lego.  SSG will not like that.

Yup the job she didn't follow up on 3 month ago is giving her one. 

Maybe SSG took a look see at the back catalogue. If it's SSG on top of things /wave /cheer :)

Maybe trying to save her own stream groupies, ofc if she carries on abusing perceived power either SSG or We/I can drop some bombshells.

No more live stream?  You mean she's off Cord of the Rings?  or something else?

13 minutes ago, warspeech said:

No more live stream?  You mean she's off Cord of the Rings?  or something else?

I took one on the chin and listened to the archived version of her stream. She said that, due to the new job, she won't be here for the next two weeks, and she's not entirely sure she'll be back afterward ("there's a 50/50 chance I won't come back."). That certainly applies to her own show (Gondor Has No Druids) on lotrostream, and it sounds very much like she's no longer going to be on Cord Of the Rings, either. She hasn't been on Cory's Mythgard in Middle Earth stream in quite a while. She not going to stop streaming, however; she'll just be streaming exclusively on her personal channel.

She mainly complained about she's been done wrong by both SSG and the community. She said that she's tried to be a liaison between the community and company, to bring questions and concerns to the team, but has gotten no where. She claimed that she created a document with all the questions that have been asked in the official stream, but no one at SSG ever bother to answer then. She also claims to have created training guides covering the basics of each class, but then got slammed for that content. She also seemed to slam Severlin for not managing the game very well.

It does sound like Ballie's post is a huge part of her decision.

• Like 1

I don't recall anyone asking her to do anything. So, why is it a point, by her, to even comment, on something like that? SSG didn't court her. The players didn't ask for her. The only thing she needed to do "in the name of peace" was shut the fuck up. She has only herself to blame.

I can tolerate an imbecile being one, but she is an indignant, imbecile. The sooner someone clips her wings, the sooner she can fall from grace.

• Like 1

Maybe the reaction to her snark and hostility-filled reponse to Ballie's post is more of the reason.  Yes, the thread got locked, but it wasn't deleted and her nastiness is still there for all to see.

Did you see the Cord show, he actually saved the day and kited, got off a rezz to. I think the sapience move has got him motivated. There was open conflict on dorf burglars too.

HE DIDN'T BLOODY DIE

On 4/18/2019 at 8:22 AM, Splay said:

Clips and video I watched in the past that kept my attention have things in common. 

A good voice is the most important one.

An appearance that doesn't spark ewww. 

Clarity, concision, and the ability to stay focused.

Not including serious face material, a good sense of humor.

Knowing their source material.

Explaining things in a way which doesn't make the viewer think they aren't being talked down to.

I posted this on the first page of this thread. I made this list based on my opinion, drawn from my own experience, of what captures my attention.

Let's give each from the list 1.5 points and rate each streamer of interest, that makes this thread, here on out.

Since, Druidsfire is currently the subject, I'll use this criteria to rate her performance.

1. Zero points

2. Zero points

3. Zero points

4. Zero points

5. Zero points

6. Zero points

Total: Zero points

Zero points.

I can still forgive someone with zero points, if they had some disposition, that wasn't based on ego driven douchebaggery.

Imo Druidsfire is not redeemable. Her random outbursts and unsolicited comments doesn't/didn't compliment Cordoban, as the Official streamer's guest. The dialogue symmetry is/was absent.

If the mention of a kind donation of a few SoE and LIs is just to garner more. Don't worry applying SoEs is likely too much like Hard work for her  :)  

Oh, and DF defended her participation in Cord's stream by saying that he had not been an LOTRO player before he became the Community Manager, and she was there to "instruct" him in game play.

It's just another fingerless gloves,, couple of fleeces and a woolly hat play.

Ballie has a 2 minute video in the Minstrel forum that has more instruction than 2 years of her bilge.

I suppose we should call Cordoban the guest-host. DF maybe had her harpies rallied to protect her from being asked the questions.

Mac

I have also gone back to page 1. 

I've updated the commentary (or slapped yet another heckler on top) for recent events and cut a few minutes, from the gameplay video. 

Also started to upload some peaches from the DF school of manipulation that I can open up if/when needed.

Mac

1 hour ago, MusicMachine said:

Will she retaliate against SSG in mmo-central? Chances are she will.

I say she will.

A person being dethroned of power will usually fall back to an uncontested (safe) place where they still hold power. Ofc, those are people who are not able or willing to abdicate for what ever reason they deem acceptable.

If indeed she does, it will be direct, active choice and become obvious it is as such. I looked at that site and the frequency of material posted there is very inconsistent. A timely, new listed article will just make her look like an angry Cheshire, who isn't being fed on time. Tearing up the arms on your favorite reading chair.

Those "Queen Bee" types expect everyone to kiss their ass no matter what they say or how they behave.  When they get crossed, they get vicious.  I say yeah, she'll retaliate.

I took a look at MMOCentral... for something that's supposed to be an MMO news site, it's oldest FFXIV title is for patch 4.4 (like an expansion, major, and several minor patches ago),  a BFA pre-launch article for WoW, and nothing for EVE online.

Seeing how out of date is is with those three MMOs without so much as an article describing their major patch notes.... I'm not surprised the site is basically an unknown blog.

1 hour ago, Almagnus1 said:

I'm not surprised the site is basically an unknown blog.

My thoughts exactly, sad that SSG promotes it as the big deal just because it is (was) their sole media supporter at the moment. Given the lack of quality of their content, I would not be surprised if SSG was behind it.

On 9/18/2019 at 6:36 PM, Splay said:

I went to one of Olsen's thingers. I can't call them lectures, seminars, or even classes. They seem more like a brainwashing, cult-like boring, bad dream. In this particular one, he spoke about Eru and how the forces of good and evil became aligned by the story for the Silmarillion. I interjected and said Olsen was incorrect about stating Melkor was evil (summarized) because he was just that way. I said, Melkor was no less good or evil than his creator.  I said, there had to be opposing forces because without a Protagonist and Antagonist, there would be little substance to work with going forward to be the force of conflict. That, Melkor was just an agent and put in place to serve this purpose and as it is detailed, he was a part of his creator, so anything virtue or vice Melkor represented was by process derived from his progenitor.

This being said got me placed on the ignore list. 

Wowzer. I was reading the paragraph and thinking, 'Olsen probably didn't take well to having his grand assertion challenged.' But to actually block someone for contributing to discussion with a different viewpoint - damn that's rich. Admittedly, after I typed my earlier long post about Olsen, I was almost hoping to be proven wrong. Turns out he's even scummier than I thought. Who the fuck puts a gag on creative interpretations in a class presumably devoted to literature? Oh, a small-time academia reject incapable of creative interpretations himself, that's who. Sounds like all he does is regurgitate the obvious for an oblivious audience that eats his vomit and claps.

The pretense of omnipotence ("this is what Tolkien really means"), the one-way transfer of information ("I talk you absorb"), pontificating posturing, fear of criticism (inherently, fear of exposure) - what's with Tolkien scholarship being such a prodigious breeding ground for narcissists? Likely due to "fandom fans" who are its target audience - enthusiasts with less credentials who implicitly "know less", safe audience who cannot criticize, challenge, or expose charlatanry. Just another kind of "fan servicing" turning it into culty preachy bullshit. A dynamic attracting narcs on both sides of the podium - a hierarchy of tiny fragile egos posturing before incrementally smaller, more fragile egos. While any legit teacher worth a damn would kill to be challenged and contradicted by folks thinking for themselves.

Looks like Olsen's PhD from Columbia U didn't prepare him for the notion that not everything is the way it appears inside his head. Or that things in the world (and in art) are more complex than black-n-white, good-n-evil - shocking, I know... Yet another case study in PhD degree being no guarantor of intelligence - all it attests to is its owner's ability to jump through hoops and follow administrative guidelines - a newly hatched young professional programmed "what" to think instead of being taught "how" to. I won't even mention that someone claiming to have such prestigious background in medieval English literature should probably be aware of how darkly ambiguous and messy theological notions get in medieval English mystical literature. But hey, why bother with any depth or diligence when you can feed your flock of ignorants such e-z fodder as "Eru good, Melkor bad" and put anyone on ignore who tries to turn it into actual discussion.

What I mentioned earlier about Olsen's self-perpetuating mediocrity... That is the crux of his entire operating scheme, arguably against the very grain of education ethics. While the brick-and-mortar educational institutions are built on the premise of graduating class - i.e. ever new waves of incoming students who gain/grow and move on - what are livestreams and podcasts built on? Audience retention, subscriptions, patronage. Inserting this livestreamer mentality into what is being billed as 'educational program' is fucking obscene. His modus operandi is to keep an audience hooked and coming back for more. How do you do that? By making sure your content doesn't challenge, doesn't inspire growth, doesn't cultivate creativity, doesn't encourage "students" to think for themselves. In fact, by making sure all those things are stamped out, discouraged, ostracized. Keep the ignorants ignorant and they'll keep returning to feed on more of the same. Eru forbid he actually apply rigorous standards to his lessons and offer actually substantive content - it will result in his students outgrowing him, and may even lead to competition if they smarten up and start podcasting Tolkien themselves!  Signum University: stomping out learning and claiming monopoly on "Tolkien lore" by treating its presumed "students" like co-dependent online followers, inspiring mediocrity, keeping them addicted, and ensuring they end up more ignorant than when they start. Dynamic not unlike religious cults.

On the subject of what is it about live streaming that brings out sociopathological / narcissistic traits... Imho it's more to do with Tolkien IP than streaming activity itself (the latter still being a trap for exhibitionists of course). Tolkien IP is a unique case as far as fandom cultures go, for having that "scholarship" layer as far as its author's academic affiliation and his approach to world building. Can't think of any other IP in similar shoes... C.S. Lewis was a university prof, but his Narnia stuff is nowhere near as famous and is less nerdy, closer to religious sermons than anything academic-inspired. It's that "academic" factor in Tolkien that seems to attract mediocre also-rans, parasitic ego-predators, and sycophantic fawners like flies to shit. Same crowd that incessantly fellates his "Professor" title, as if they earned the right to call him that - what bosh. Funny how nobody calls C. S. Lewis "the Professor", even though he also was one. Or how nobody calls Christopher Tolkien "the Professor" even though he too, like his father, held a professorship in Anglo-Saxon at Oxford and his list of scholarly publications is substantial. Yet you never hear of "professor senior / professor junior." Nope, just one "Professor" title figure to suck up to. One ring to rule them all. And the absurd irony that the literary output of the very same author who saw clear through all those sycophantic trappings of human psychology, would attract so many of precisely those types. Like Saruman and Grima after the Shire's Scouring. Peel away the put-on charisma and illusive grandeur of Orthanc, and what is left? A couple of shallow narcissists squabbling for micro-power over each other with their micro-aggressions, just empty suits and overall a pitiful sight. Interestingly, in one of his letters Tolkien mentions his revulsion at being called a "professor." Goes to show who those inbred sycophants are really servicing.

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, Talisman said:

I took one on the chin and listened to the archived version of her stream. She said that, due to the new job, she won't be here for the next two weeks, and she's not entirely sure she'll be back afterward ("there's a 50/50 chance I won't come back."). That certainly applies to her own show (Gondor Has No Druids) on lotrostream, and it sounds very much like she's no longer going to be on Cord Of the Rings, either. She hasn't been on Cory's Mythgard in Middle Earth stream in quite a while. She not going to stop streaming, however; she'll just be streaming exclusively on her personal channel.

She mainly complained about she's been done wrong by both SSG and the community. She said that she's tried to be a liaison between the community and company, to bring questions and concerns to the team, but has gotten no where. She claimed that she created a document with all the questions that have been asked in the official stream, but no one at SSG ever bother to answer then. She also claims to have created training guides covering the basics of each class, but then got slammed for that content. She also seemed to slam Severlin for not managing the game very well.

It does sound like Ballie's post is a huge part of her decision.

If the part about acting as liaison between players/SSG and creating a document list with questions is even remotely true... Wouldn't Ballie's thread have been the most ideal venue to bring them all up ? Especially in a calm, weighed reply to the original post questioning Druidsfire's competence and community engagement. If she indeed did all those things as she later claimed, why launch that entire lowbrow tantrum tirade - on a gaming community forum, whose members she claims to serve? After all, if the accusations are untrue, one would remain calm and unperturbed. Emotional reactivity and defensiveness are such a good barometer of guilt.  😀

Nice display of SSG loyalty, flipping the narrative back on them as soon as she doesn't get her way. Anybody who thinks of supporting her, take notice. Such is the value she puts in her "friendships."

MMO Central - It's another tool for the stalking, press badge. Like she would apply and pay for tickets.

Having been fixated on blaming the free "valar" boost from the Mordor package on her wretched progress over the landscape of late it's had her suddenly become a theory crafter.  With Heaton on the scene, could he be the source of this timebomb, she just the stealth delivery method? No seems too ignorant of any developments since leaving. 

With no clue about mastery and the crystals that give an LI the basis of the damage for caster weapons. No clue that these off hands that work on her champ do nothing on her mini. 

There is no telling what damage her ideas could do to them if it's DDOers making the decisions though. Half of them out of a job because everyone who has ever made something of their characters in the game will have gotten royally shafted.

Ballie made a post that made it very very clear to DF that she was up a creak with no paddle. Specifically the DF source material of her doing her first imbue. DF asks herself "why wouldn't you imbue" on the stream,  and the messages delivered; you destroy the power of the LI as you hit imbue. Unless you are fully resourced only a n00b does that.

I wonder if SSG are actually in the game at all now. Maybe the doing up the homestead is just a bloke avoiding the issue thing.  

She has finally realised that it's Imbuement and Maxed out ones that will fix it all for her.

With the ebbing perceived power she flaunts on all the streamers channels she plays the (Heaton?) other source she has for banning players. The reaction to her patsy Cord being a better player than her mentor Heaton brought the unexpected fury on.

So how do you get out of this fix? We'd grind out the sources of crystals and SoEs Likely she's only seen the top of the MT prow in a raid strength chicken run. Who is going to spend $1200 to max 4 ILIs if you're not going to work for them. The timing for the Blizzcon donation was the day after that failed first imbuement. The Ballie double take in that thread? Made her give up that route...

So turn to the muppets and lay it on thick. Bo Ho.  Does her standard of setting the initial stakes: Layers of clothes hat and gloves space heaters that just can't manage, $100 out of $1000 target to get her to BlizzCon. Drop the suggestion of a kind donation of a few SoEs and symbols she can then hand on to Cord to help him if she doesn't return. His unlimited LP seems to have been totally forgotten, he needs nothing from her.

Hell this damn company is making her work for two weeks, or more, why not have these plebs grind me the resources while I'm busy. Then she can have a change of heart because of being Humbled by the support and the anonymous very generous donation to get her own LIs maxed too. You think she can't wangle her way into Fridays off in the new place with her talents?

She be back in play with her approximation of a functioning set of Maxed ILIs and back Hosting the show with guest host Cord, the followers somewhat down on their own resources. 

Mac