LOTROCommunity
Sign in to follow this  
Almagnus1

Cheesing through LotRO

So with the x64 client, I'm considering jumping back in as strictly solo PvE to complete the quests and then drop LotRO, and as I'm a lifer I likely have a crapton of TP unspent.

As I feel that LotRO is not (in it's current status) worth any of my dollars, is it possible for me to use my TP stockpile to get access to the missing expansions/quest packs since Minas Tirith?

Also, any advice on how to cheese the crafting/stat system so that my captain can basically faceroll all the content?  I'm skilled enough that I can micro the herald (assuming they're worth anything), assuming I remember how to actually play my class >.>

Any other advice (other than don't waste your time)?

Yes, all current expansions / quest packs are available for TP, and you'll probably have enough of them as Minas Tirith was released... 3 years ago? When Mordor was first released it was cash only but they reverted that past a few months.

Cannot help with your captain question as my only cappy is a mule, I don't like how captains feel. I am not sure if you'd need ILIs for landscape which would be an issue. Probably not. If you feel like raiding that's another story, you won't be able to get past the grind before giving up again.

22 minutes ago, MusicMachine said:

Cannot help with your captain question as my only cappy is a mule, I don't like how captains feel. I am not sure if you'd need ILIs for landscape which would be an issue. Probably not. If you feel like raiding that's another story, you won't be able to get past the grind before giving up again.

What killed it the first time was giving FFXIV a try at the time, and then realizing just how date and bad LotRO was combined with hearing about how bad MT was at the time, then getting there and just crashing like no other because running LotRO on an SSD at the time just accelerated how fast things loaded and basically caused me to crash crazy fast unless I gutted the graphics... which only helped to slow down the crashing frequency not remove the issue.

At this point, it's quests only, as I merely want to see where the story goes, not really do any raiding or PvMP because FFXIV and Warframe just do that so much better and so much more fun than LotRO ever did.

As a lifer you have access to all the regions, don't you?  (I hear VIPs frequently being upset at not being able to take advantage of quest pack sales b/c VIPs can't buy them). 

So I think it's just the expansions you'd need to purchase with TP.  And after MT that's just Mordor for now.

Buy rep accelerators from skirmish camp curiosities vendor and hit the new areas fully covered as the rep gains questing through are half what you will need for kindred. Access to the good stuff is rep limited.

If buying ILI upgrades buy MC in the store rather than the store scroll pricing gouge. Max out ILI asap for (ch)easy mode.

Traveller Lootbox up to level 115, needs a bought from store black steel key - provides motes for gear barter, 116 to 120 Adventurers Lootbox provides Embers for gear barter.

The means of obtaining each currency is limited in game, worse the later Embers grind. LP for keys has no restriction on currency gain and equipping your char. Use of mucho LP for this will however reinforce their idea that lootbox theory is "good". 

On entering Mordor slap a bunch of finesse essence in your gear and wear quest reward light of elendil stated stuff. On arrival in Talath Úrui slap on tact mit gear/essence. At 112 you can start the Four Allegiance hall quest lines, odd UI connected to the rep UI. Start all 4 asap as you will get 10 min CD travel skills that make getting about so much easier. Ponce some crafted gear at 112ish to provide a load of LoE for Mordor landscape. Chest all over Mordor contain craft ingredients so you'll have plenty of any mats.

I'd make sure you have opened up the MT dailies for empowerment scroll barter, LP can run out, you'll need Solvents from the store. 

Read skill/trait tooltips to see the effect of balance changes recently.

4 minutes ago, Macdui101 said:

Buy rep accelerators from skirmish camp curiosities vendor and hit the new areas fully covered as the rep gains questing through are half what you will need for kindred. Access to the good stuff is rep limited.

If buying ILI upgrades buy MC in the store rather than the store scroll pricing gouge. Max out ILI asap for (ch)easy mode.

Traveller Lootbox up to level 115, needs a bought from store black steel key - provides motes for gear barter, 116 to 120 Adventurers Lootbox provides Embers for gear barter.

The means of obtaining each currency is limited in game, worse the later Embers grind. LP for keys has no restriction on currency gain and equipping your char. Use of mucho LP for this will however reinforce their idea that lootbox theory is "good". 

On entering Mordor slap a bunch of finesse essence in your gear and wear quest reward light of elendil stated stuff. On arrival in Talath Úrui slap on tact mit gear/essence. At 112 you can start the Four Allegiance hall quest lines, odd UI connected to the rep UI. Start all 4 asap as you will get 10 min CD travel skills that make getting about so much easier. Ponce some crafted gear at 112ish to provide a load of LoE for Mordor landscape. Chest all over Mordor contain craft ingredients so you'll have plenty of any mats.

I'd make sure you have opened up the MT dailies for empowerment scroll barter, LP can run out, you'll need Solvents from the store. 

Read skill/trait tooltips to see the effect of balance changes recently.

Honestly,  I'd rather not deal with LIs this time, so if it's possible to go through with a crafted weapon, I'd rather just do that, bonuses be damned.  The LIs are a completely asinine waste of time in LotRO and I honestly don't want to deal with creating another again because of how much of a grind that entire project is.

Seek further help on that front from Druidsfire then...

There are no two handers available in the late game, so get used to sword and board. 

The legacies on ILIs are what makes the landscape a breeze. I don't play a captain though. They jacked them so high you could not avoid getting sucked in. You won't have any healing to speak of without an ILI and it's tactical healing rating and the new heal rating relic slotted.