LOTROCommunity
Sign in to follow this  
Talisman

Oops

During his live stream today, Cord slipped and called the new virtue system a grind.

At about the 15 minute mark.

Not wanting to talk numbers! Good grief.

I looked at the notes he did after this. Valared chars getting a shit ton of free VXP. So someone who levels up playing the damn game can never earn as much as a valared character.

Economically this VXP from Valaring up is like a fire sale. It would make them a ton of cash selling virtues to whales if they were bothered. Yet they not going to make it a store option, just a huge game grind.

Run the numbers internally, Hah. They've have created a huge whole in virtue earning potential of what's in game now and only providing a future grind to make up for it. .

16 new one time deeds giving  2000 VXP and a meta meta with 4000VPX. 6000 VXP a week from Endgame dailies. Festival 5000 VXP per. FI CM a bit.  Now that's a healthy return for endgame dailies, a year of it will net me 312,000 VXP. 12 years of virtue grind got me only 500,000. But I didn't have to do it every single bloody day.

Rank 55 to 59 requires about (or it will be 19001) 19000 VXP to level, a jump from 1500 at 54. At cap (increasing) 60 to 65 2000 VXP to level.

Ahead of parity he says like that's good. It's hugely skewed nor just ahead of parity the new costs make it impossible to turn 580 virtue deeds into ranks of 55+, it would be high rank 20s. Hmm 580000 / 20 = 29000 so rank 26 and 2/3rds for your completionists if getting a true reflection of the new system earning potential before the new grind starts. Worse still for someone with a shit load of deeds not yet completed on live who with a the U24 patch loose out on half the earning they get the day before release.

It's no longer 75,000 VXP to rank 60 it now 95,000 VXP so a cool million to max all 21. [EDIT: It's 85,000 so not as bad but bad enough.]

Mac  

At least he's actually read his skill tooltip sometime this week. 

15 minute mark? I'll take you word on it. I'm not giving this future Schlup any hits on his content.

4 hours ago, Macdui101 said:

Yet they not going to make it a store option...

I'm going to take a gamble and say they will do. It's the classic tiptoe to the desired goal, so to make as little ripples as possible with such a huge mistake change. They'll have a Store option within a couple of months. I wouldn't be surprised if they threw in the old "we listened to the community (but secretly we always planned for this change)" and balanced the grind to match current levels, too.

Any idea when this goes live?  Or is it too far from complete to make it to the game (which means next patch of course)

Edited by Altreg01
cant fucking type this morning

Cordovan said they are planning another round of BR testing next week (May 27), and so Update 24 will probably be released the first week of June, unless something changes or seriously breaks.

On 5/25/2019 at 12:20 AM, Doro said:

I'm going to take a gamble and say they will do. It's the classic tiptoe to the desired goal, so to make as little ripples as possible with such a huge mistake change. They'll have a Store option within a couple of months. I wouldn't be surprised if they threw in the old "we listened to the community (but secretly we always planned for this change)" and balanced the grind to match current levels, too.

You know damn well that some knucklehead will request they add them to the store.  People did the same thing with trait points.  Then they'll have their "Due to player feedback" loophole to suckle upon.

4 hours ago, Amenhir said:

You know damn well that some knucklehead will request they add them to the store.  People did the same thing with trait points.  Then they'll have their "Due to player feedback" loophole to suckle upon.

It'll be interesting to see which knucklehead draws the lucky straw and makes the suggestion. Once declared, I'll be reviewing their post history.

2 hours ago, Splay said:

It'll be interesting to see which knucklehead draws the lucky straw and makes the suggestion. Once declared, I'll be reviewing their post history.

I put my money on Pontin Fuckberry.

Well, they did have virtues already for sale, didn't they? So not having those available would be a stupid decision from a business viewpoint... Especially because they just can say "look, we converted the virtue-specific store item to a non-virtue-specific store item

There's no doubt that VXP tomes will be available in the store.

They will either be time-based, like XP or deed tomes, or they will be a banked amount, like reputation tomes. The banked version is more useful, but they will probably sell more if they worked like xp/deed tomes. A combined slayer deed/VXP tome is also possible.

Once the n00bs realise how bad the grind is SSG can do the usual "due to player feedback" now available in store line.

They can wait for a numpty to post, or do it from one of their own accounts. It will be for the "players".

Or they are really just useless at maths.

Mac

The BR login is down so looks like a patch is being readied. My guess for last week is they forgot they had another festival encore up and had no VXP quests in it to show -technical difficulties...

sad and pathetic.  Still has zero clue about the game, sounds like he thinks he is better than what he is, what a waste of sperm

Because of him, SSG lost how many paying customers (including me)?