LOTROCommunity
Sign in to follow this  
Validoom

Wow Sapience did a real job on me

So many many years ago back when Sap was in Charge I was banned from the forums. 

I never found out why. I just logged in one day and got the following message

"You have been banned for the following reason:
No reason was specified.
Date the ban will be lifted: Never"

At time I wasn't bothered as I quit playing Lotro. 

Anyway since I've decided to come back I wanted to visit the forums and found that I was still banned. 

I raised a support ticket and have been conversing with Cordovan

It transpires that my account hadn't been banned, I had no infraction points, it was totally clean. What Sap had done was mess around with my permissions. 

In fact so much so that even after everything had been set right I still get the same message. 

It was suggested that my Forum Account might of been fubar during the 2013 website update. 

Basically my forum account is so screwed that I've been told if I want to post on the forum it is going to be a lot quicker and easier just to create a free account. 

So even after all these years Sap has found a way to screw me lol. 

Now I know a lot of people don't like Cordovan but I have say during my brief experience with him he was very helpful and surprising straight to the point which I like. 

2 hours ago, Validoom said:

So many many years ago back when Sap was in Charge I was banned from the forums. 

I never found out why. I just logged in one day and got the following message

"You have been banned for the following reason:
No reason was specified.
Date the ban will be lifted: Never"

At time I wasn't bothered as I quit playing Lotro. 

Anyway since I've decided to come back I wanted to visit the forums and found that I was still banned. 

I raised a support ticket and have been conversing with Cordovan

It transpires that my account hadn't been banned, I had no infraction points, it was totally clean. What Sap had done was mess around with my permissions. 

In fact so much so that even after everything had been set right I still get the same message. 

It was suggested that my Forum Account might of been fubar during the 2013 website update. 

Basically my forum account is so screwed that I've been told if I want to post on the forum it is going to be a lot quicker and easier just to create a free account. 

So even after all these years Sap has found a way to screw me lol. 

Now I know a lot of people don't like Cordovan but I have say during my brief experience with him he was very helpful and surprising straight to the point which I like. 

vBulletin's moderation is a straight forward when it comes to permissions. There isn't really anything complicated about it. Cordovans experience using the forums over time, has shown his knowledge of it, is limited.

Think about this for a moment. There is no sensible reason to allow the CM of LotRO the "actual" Admin of the forums. This is why when a forum user get a ban that can never be lifted he can't change the permissions to allow you to be active. Its because the CM didn't place the ban or when the CM uses this choice they can't undo it. Also worthy to note is, when no reason is specified, its likely the CM had nothing to do with it. Who would have the top level admin of the forums? Hmm...

Also there is this. If you are willing to contact vBulletin explaining the situation with Cordovan's mail exchange with you, there is a chance you can have the permissions reset by them. ofc with the SSG nod. Though this would bring into light the Admin forum chain at SSG isn't performing as one voice. This is why Cordovan tells you its easier or best to just create a new forum account. Which by the way means creating a fully new account for game and its forums.

This reads like you had a smokescreen thrown at you from SSG via Cordovan passing the buck because admitting fault or ineptitude isn't acceptable.

• Like 2

I have very limited interactions with Cordovan, but like you after a long hiatus came back to a banned forums account from you know who. At least Sap and Celestwata gave me a "normal" ban and was able to have that overturned, along with a brief, friendly message from Cord.  I dont recall the name of the CM before him who also visited here, as that guy ignored all my requests to have my ban revisited, but Cord was on it in less than 2 days. For all of the faults of Lotro and possible Cord himself, its the little things that can make it a tiny bit of difference

14 hours ago, Altreg01 said:

I dont recall the name of the CM before him

Frelorn.

• Upvote 1

20 hours ago, Urwendil said:

Frelorn.

Oh him, I probably helped drive him off as I had to force him to do his job.

43 minutes ago, Almagnus1 said:

Oh him, I probably helped drive him off as I had to force him to do his job.

Were he an Old English king, we could name him Frelorn the Indifferent.