LOTROCommunity
Sign in to follow this  
Laurinaohtar

Spotted a bargain - post here

Steam Sale:

A few old AAA games for $10, some newer games for $20, and 1000 games like this for $2.49 - that no one has heard of:

header.jpg?t=1381525351

Summer sale is much better. I like it when good, older games are at rock bottom prices. Seriously, a game in Alpha for 25% off does nothing for me.

Green Man Gaming have a good offer at the moment, they're selling the Complete Valve Pack for £12.49, this includes:

•Counter-Strike

•Team Fortress Classic

•Day of Defeat

•Deathmatch Classic

•Half-Life: Opposing Force

•Ricochet

•Half-Life

•Counter-Strike: Condition Zero

•Half-Life: Blue Shift

•Half-Life 2

•Counter-Strike: Source

•Half-Life: Source

•Day of Defeat: Source

•Half-Life 2: Deathmatch

•Half-Life 2: Lost Coast

•Half-Life 2: Episode One

•Half-Life Deathmatch: Source

•Left 4 Dead

•Half-Life 2: Episode Two

•Team Fortress 2

•Portal

•Left 4 Dead 2

•Portal 2

•Counter-Strike: Global Offensive

and if you use the discount code WINTER-SALE20-GROGRE you can get it for roughly £10

http://www.greenmangaming.com/s/gb/en/pc/games/action/valve-complete-pack/

I was interested in the Valve pack but it is $50 in the US and I already have most of the stuff in it.

I wish they would give additional discounts on packs based on how many of the things in there you already own.

I'm guessing you already have the Half-life and Portal games?

No, I tried Half-life, wasn't my thing, really.

Hence, why that list isn't appealing to me!

I was interested in the Valve pack but it is $50 in the US and I already have most of the stuff in it.

I wish they would give additional discounts on packs based on how many of the things in there you already own.

Offer was available in the US too but it's ended now, that was quick :(

Edit: ah looks like GMG are having flash sales 24hr and 48hr.

No, I tried Half-life, wasn't my thing, really.

Hence, why that list isn't appealing to me!

Huh?

I mean they are English words and they appear to be a sentence but it doesn't seem to make much sense.

• Upvote 1

Huh?

I mean they are English words and they appear to be a sentence but it doesn't seem to make much sense.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OuDd4R_wu_s

It makes sense unless you're a stoopid Southern Ponce ;)

I didn't like Half-life. I don't see me liking Portal based on what footage I've seen of it. Not my types of games. Hard to understand, it is not.

Portal I can understand, but Half-Life?

I am waiting for modders to finish Black Mesa (HF1 remake with new graphics)  so I can make grand long-play  Black Mesa -> Half Life 2 cinematic mod :)

Is this a banworthy offense?

BTW, I got stuck when disabling the reactor in Black Mesa (the one you crawl on top of). Did I hit a bug? Is there an update? Or am I just stupid?

No idea. I've restrained myself from playing BM till final version will come out sine I wanna do a Black Mesa complete run and then HL2 cinematic mod after.

Final BM will have afaik whole HL1 ported, even better graphics and many more improvements - with a down side that final version will be Steam only and will cost money - althrough I think/hope that because this is a big total overhaul/conversion mod and not a new game then it will be like 10-15$).

I think best place is simply to either look throgh FAQ/ known bugs from latest version or ask on Black Mesa forum.

What I know is that current free Black Mesa is not 100% complete HL1 story. They are missing late parts althrough I have no idea where it actually ends.

For those who are into Doctor Who, HumbleBundle are offering a Doctor Who audio book bundle for the next 9 days.

You can get Big Finishes Dalek Empire 1.1 to 1.4 and 2.1 to 2.4 for whatever you want to pay (minimum is $1) if you pay $13.08 or more you will also get Dark Empire 3.1 to 3.6 and if you pay over $15 you will also get The Lost Stories 1.1 to 1.8 ... (Much of the music in the Dr Who audio books was written by my good friend Jamie).

Much of the profit goes to charity (Doctors Without Borders) and you get to choose how much of it goes to them, how much goes to humble and how much goes to the publishers!

https://www.humblebundle.com/books

HumbleBundle weekly sale is Mastertronic games, most of them are fairly trashy, however two of them stand out, especially if you're an old school Amiga/Atari gamer:

Speedball 2 (HD)

Chaos Engine

Two amazing games I used to play and love on my Amiga, and with their pay what you want scheme you can pay just $1 (that's 69p to us Brits) for these two games and various other trashy games.

https://www.humblebundle.com/weekly

I still have 2 gift codes for Archage & Rift sitting in my email account (valid till Feb. 28) won't be using them so I'll post them here:

Any takers?

/Edit: Rift code is gone :)

I've been enjoying Archeage recently.

Give it a whirl someone, you may be pleasantly surprised (Just avoid NA Servers as they appear to be infested with Gold Spammers)  _O-