LOTROCommunity
Sign in to follow this  
Laurinaohtar

Spotted a bargain - post here

Cool story. I like Jedi Knight 2 : Jedi Outcast the best. Nothing beats playing Kyle Katarn.

I think that my all-time funnest and most exhilarating gaming moments were in that game. Flipping and somersaulting into rooms full of Stormtroopers and Dark Jedi was incredibly entertaining. There were a number of times where I would immediately reload a fight just to do it again. It was that good. Definitely give it a try.

Latest Humble bundle is a Square Enix bundle ..

Hitman: Absolution

Hitman GO (android game)

Supreme Commander 2

For whatever you want to pay, or pay $5.76 or more to get that and ...

Thief

Murdered: Soul Suspect

Deus Ex: Human Revolution - Directors Cut

More to come

Or pay $15 to also get

Tomb Raider

Sleeping Dogs

http://humblebundle.com

If you wanna try out Star Citizen, ...

It seems like an unfinished mess (ok it's in development). What can you actually do? Is the gameplay in the Arena? Is that part free too?

It seems like an unfinished mess (ok it's in development). What can you actually do? Is the gameplay in the Arena? Is that part free too?

As I've understood it, you get access to the hangar, and Arena Commander, with a Hornet. And yes, it's an alpha, and it is noticable.

I don't know if there's any restrictions in Arena Commander for those trying it for free, could be locked to certain game-modes, but I don't think so.

You can get Syndicate for free on Origin

I used to spend so much time playing that game on my Atari Jaguar. It was one of 2 games that made the console playable (the other being AvP) 

You owned an Atari Jaguar, why?! ;)

When they first came out I was very much so into the idea of Alien Vs Predator and at the time it was the only version of the game available. It was not as bad a console as people believe it to be, though it came out at an awkward time and was quickly eclipsed by the N64. I will say that the pad took a lot of getting used to though as it felt very bulky on first use. After a  few hours of game play though you get used to it very easily. As with most console releases, I just tend to buy them if I like something on them. I don't see the point in jumping into a particular brands camp as they all tend to have their merits at the time if you look at them objectively. I have quite a collection of old consoles now too, I just need to clear the box room out and set them up lol

When they first came out I was very much so into the idea of Alien Vs Predator and at the time it was the only version of the game available. It was not as bad a console as people believe it to be, though it came out at an awkward time and was quickly eclipsed by the N64. I will say that the pad took a lot of getting used to though as it felt very bulky on first use. After a  few hours of game play though you get used to it very easily. As with most console releases, I just tend to buy them if I like something on them. I don't see the point in jumping into a particular brands camp as they all tend to have their merits at the time if you look at them objectively. I have quite a collection of old consoles now too, I just need to clear the box room out and set them up lol

This ^^

The Jaguar was actually a pretty decent console and even had quite a few exclusive games, the problem was it released very close to the PS1 and one of the Sega consoles (can't remember which, Saturn I think), as well as a little less than a year later the N64 and they kind of overwhelmed the market, it's one major fault was that it was very difficult for 3rd party development so it had to rely on Atari releasing games rather than other companies making games for it, so eventually Atari just cut their losses, it's shame because on the user end it was a very good console.

This ^^

The Jaguar was actually a pretty decent console and even had quite a few exclusive games, the problem was it released very close to the N64 and one of the Sega consoles (can't remember which) and they kind of overwhelmed the market so eventually Atari just cut their losses, shame because it was a very good console.

Yeah, I liked the Atari Lynx idea too where it was reversable for left handed people. 

I still have my Jaguar now and plug it in from time to time just for nostalgia's sake. I had many happy gaming sessions on it and would not change them for the world.

Never played the Atari Jaguar, I had a N64, however Atari Jaguar is a great name for a console.

I have an N64 as well. Goldeneye was an awesome game. So was Body Harvest and the Star Wars Pod Racer. 

edit:- And yes, Jaguar was a cool name. The box art was pretty cool too being an all black box with 3 or 4 red claw marks down the front and a jaguars eyes. 

Atari 2600 all the way. 

I did used to have one of those when they first came out, but time killed it. We used to have a game called "Night Driver" which was nothing more than a driving sim at night (duh!) but at the time I thought it was spectacularly realistic. Now I look back and it was just a few lines lol. 

You can never beat the old classics though like Missile Command, Space Invaders and Yars Revenge. Ah Those were the days!

Yeah, I liked the Atari Lynx idea too where it was reversable for left handed people. 

I still have my Jaguar now and plug it in from time to time just for nostalgia's sake. I had many happy gaming sessions on it and would not change them for the world.

Was still editing in bits as I remembered them while you were quoting, but yeah I loved my jaguar.

Was still editing in bits as I remembered them while you were quoting, but yeah I loved my jaguar.

Just re-read your comment and yes there was an issue with them getting games towards the end of the Jaguar's run. I remember reading Games Master Magazine at the time and they would regularly list games that were being developed for release on the Jag, but then they would just seem to fade into obscurity. I remember waiting for the release of Mortal Kombat 3, but as you said Atari pulled the plug and suddenly all new game development just stopped. I bought myself an N64 and got the games I wanted on that instead. I don't think MK3 ever did get released for the Jaguar in the end. 

I have an N64 as well. Goldeneye was an awesome game. So was Body Harvest and the Star Wars Pod Racer.

I loved Goldeneye. I also lover Mario 64 and Zelda Ocarina of Time.

The only Atari I had war and 800 XL, which had a tape deck and a cartridge slot, along with a keyboard. My mum used to type up the games that came in the magazines each month when I was at school so I could play them at night. They mostly sucked.

I loved Goldeneye. I also lover Mario 64 and Zelda Ocarina of Time.

The only Atari I had war and 800 XL, which had a tape deck and a cartridge slot, along with a keyboard. My mum used to type up the games that came in the magazines each month when I was at school so I could play them at night. They mostly sucked.

I've never been a fan of Mario so I skipped Mario 64. I've also never played a zelda game. I have heard that they are great games, but I never liked the art style as it was a bit too cartoony for my tastes.