LOTROCommunity
Sign in to follow this  
Laurinaohtar

Spotted a bargain - post here

How's the war in the north game?

I've not finished playing it yet (slowly playing through with my boyfriend) but so far it seems alright. There's dodging in it which is fairly important if you don't want a troll smashing you and it seems reasonably challenging but not overly hard.

Are the Batman games any good? I keep buying these Humble Bundles with the intention of playing them later (they are so cheap why not) but now I have a huge pile of games to play that I will never have time to!

Are the Batman games any good? I keep buying these Humble Bundles with the intention of playing them later (they are so cheap why not) but now I have a huge pile of games to play that I will never have time to!

I loved them. Then again, I love Batman, I love the gadgets and I love collecting trophies and exploring hidden ways through maps.

Even better, you get more than just LOTRO stuff from WB and you can decide that NONE of the $ goes to WB. I suggest all charity, or a mix of charity and Humble Bundle site (for administrative/bandwidth costs)

I guess it is worth it - but the Lotro benefits are so underwhelming. Who doesn't have Evendim already? :)

The funny thing is, even though I keep telling myself it doesn't go to Turbine, it is really hard for me to change my mind and actually spend $5 on Lotro.  I know all the other games you get, but I am just so set on the idea than the last game I want to spend money on it Lotro.

And it has nothing at all to do with Turbine. I just kind of see it as a waste - basically I would never consider buying TP in that game.

http://digital.gamefly.com/?stop_mobi=once#!/promotion/522?cid=fogd111513

Fallout games - base very cheap or $10 for ultimate editions with DLCs.

What is better if you never played: Fallout 3 or Fallout New Vegas?

I read FNV is a better game but I think I might like the DC location better than the Vegas theme.

I haven't played F:NV yet and I haven't finished F3 yet (I played it alot, on a hiatus atm - I am planning to go back, I've kept it on my HDD installled precisely for that). althrough from what I've heard consensus is that F3 is more hmm serious, while F:NV has more Fallout-like dark humour and some crazy things. F3 initial game was considered rather average, but overall opinion is that DLCs/mini-expansions (at least some of them) are really good. While with F:Nv it is rather opposite. So from what I've heard they are quite diffrent and usually it is down to the taste which person like which one better. Some ppl say F:NV is better and some that F3 is hehe.

If you're gonna chosse F3 then I do reccommend:

1. FWE - FO3 Wanderers Edition mod http://fallout3.nexusmods.com/mods/2761/?

2. If you're gonna dislike cash-tilt Xp sound ( I know I did) small mod to remove it: http://fallout3.nexusmods.com/mods/354/?

3. Nexus Mod Manager for installing those above

4. If you would be more interested in modding then check this guy channel. If not then ignore this ;p

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL77ECC4B6194E1685

He is talking everything slowly, detailed, etc so you may want to rewind his videos, to get to time where he get to the point ;p

Even better, you get more than just LOTRO stuff from WB and you can decide that NONE of the $ goes to WB. I suggest all charity, or a mix of charity and Humble Bundle site (for administrative/bandwidth costs)

This is exactly what I did. Let's not forget that WB will most likely be taking a large write off for this. I'm not a tax expert but I would guess that they would get at least the difference of what was paid vs. SRP as the part for write off purposes? I would see no apparent reason for them to participate in this otherwise. Either way, it's a win for WB and a win for charity and Humble Bundle.

Head on over to MMORPG.com and you can get your hands on an exclusive 3 day Trial Key for The Secret World!

The key also gives a special "No Bad Pugs!" t-shirt and trench coat. Anyone completing 30 missions during their trial automatically get 2 more trial days.

Get your trial key here: http://www.mmorpg.com/newsroom.cfm/read/29195/The-Secret-World-The-No-Bad-PUGs-Giveaway-is-Live.html

I wonder what  game sales will happen this week.  Such as this one:

All previous Warcraft expansions: $5

Mist of P. expansion (last one): $10

So let's see: All expansions in WoW for $15

vs. All expansions in Lotro for $60.   What a bargain!  But of course we all know that Helm's Deep costs 4x more than Mists of Pandaria because it has 4x more content.

MOP: new race, new class, many new game systems added, new continent to explore, 3 new PvP battlegrounds, new PvP arenas, 6 new dungeons, many new raids, multi-boss raids, farming as a new activity, Pet Battles, etc. You get the picture.

Even selling both HD and MOP for $40 is a bit shocking when looking at how little you get in HD compared to MOP. Yes, there is some hate towards WoW and MoP, and WoW like Lotro is an aging game - but HD is way overpriced - especially in this MMO market.

gog.com (good old games) is a website worth checking as well. now they have 70 percent discounts on 60ish games.

http://www.gog.com/promo/black_friday_weekend_promo_291113

in example, Chronicles of Riddick 

http://www.gog.com/game/the_chronicles_of_riddick_assault_on_dark_athena

Also some old strategy games, like Master of Magic or Capitalism

aozg7E0_460s_v2.jpg

At the risk of sounding uptight for once...

Is that image directly from the folks who run Steam?  And if so, why do they think that child abuse is funny?

At the risk of sounding uptight for once...

Is that image directly from the folks who run Steam?  And if so, why do they think that child abuse is funny?

It's from 9gag. And that isn't child abuse... it's wallet abuse.

Spent £2.55. Don't even think I want the games but for that price you can't go wrong. Sent the Garry's Mod key to my partner's little sister, since I already have it.