LOTROCommunity

Spotted a bargain - post here

• Replies 459
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It's this one, but I'm an idiot and merged yours with this, and it moved the whole other thread instead of yours. Should be fixed now, though.

6 Free Batman games on the Epic Games store https://www.epicgames.com/store/en-US/collection/batman-free-week The Arkham collection and 3 Lego Batman games.  Each of the 2 packs is normally

• 2 weeks later...

Steam Halloween Sale 2014 on now!

The Secret World: Massive Edition is on sale for £16.99 at 66% off. Personally, I'm waiting to see if they hit 75% off or even the mythical 80% off, but it's still a good deal regardless.

Steam Halloween Sale 2014 on now!

The Secret World: Massive Edition is on sale for £16.99 at 66% off. Personally, I'm waiting to see if they hit 75% off or even the mythical 80% off, but it's still a good deal regardless.

This is indeed quite a good discount, considering it includes not only the main game with Issues 1-4 (~30 Eur normal price) but also Issues 5-7. That's about 3/4 of all currently existing content in the game, unlocked for ~20 Eur.

And now the Halloween fest starts - nice time to check the game, because there is no better game for Halloween than TSW :)

(US only)

BMW Z4 lease offers with 73% residual. (those familiar with lease artistics will recognize that you can get close to a free car)

http://www.bmwusa.com/standard/content/vehicles/2015/z4/Z4sDrive28i/OfferDetail.aspx?NAModelCode=15ZA&OfferType=2&regiontypeid=3

• 2 weeks later...

The sale it self is not great. Missing big titles, and more expensive than Steam sales. It's decent, but just not that cheap unfortunately.

That's unusual for GoG because in the past they've actively tried to "one up" steam and beat them in the sales, maybe they were losing too much money doing that and have to change things :(

• 2 weeks later...

WoW is on sale for $5 (=75% off) through December 2:

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/16940820/give-the-gift-of-warcraft-wow-75-off-on-black-friday-11-25-2014

This includes Levels 1-90 (vanilla WoW, Burning Crusade, Wrath of the Lich King, Cataclysm and Mists of Pandaria).

It does not include levels 91-100 and current max-level expansion, Warlords of Draenor, which has only been out for a couple weeks.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/16940820/give-the-gift-of-warcraft-wow-75-off-on-black-friday-11-25-2014

This includes Levels 1-90 (vanilla WoW, Burning Crusade, Wrath of the Lich King, Cataclysm and Mists of Pandaria).

It does not include levels 91-100 and current max-level expansion, Warlords of Draenor, which has only been out for a couple weeks.

How do I find out whether I already have this? :sad:

Would it not be listed in your battle.net account?

Yeah. The confusion came from my battle.net account not displaying relevant account data. They wanted to force me to add more security questions but made it unclear what is happening. Just bought it.

Also had 30 days game time. If I had known that I'd ordered a bit later to cover Christmas.

What's the rules with WoW again? You don't need a sub for the first 20 levels but you need one for everything after, even if you own the expansions?

WoW has an endless trial system with a cap at level 20 and various chat/trade restrictions. Basically you can create a trial account and play as long as you like for free but you can't go over level 20, if you decide to purchase the account will be turned into a full account which needs to be subscribed, you can't go back to trial status.

Guild Wars 2 is back on sale, only £17.49 until next week.

I wonder if that includes 30 day sub?

The sale it self is not great. Missing big titles, and more expensive than Steam sales. It's decent, but just not that cheap unfortunately.

Some people are willing to pay a bit more for guaranteed non-DRM. GOG didn't compete with Steam and current mainstream before, really, and I don't think they should go too far down that path anyway. It's fine to stay a niche but healthy business. Throw too much into competing against the gorilla and you can end up losing everything instead.